Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:28:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have the fees so drastically dropped ?  (Read 649 times)
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 05:08:09 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 05:48:44 AM by TheQuin

That's right the fees are too tiny to measure.

0.6% I think is the rate but lets think back, yes I remember "Virtually free transaction fees" and we watched as
these fees hit $55 per transaction and have no guarantee that the same scam won't happen again from the miners who
are hosting the lightning network banking hubs.

So you cannot answer me when I point out that an LN node does not and cannot meet the definition of a bank. You switch to claim that larger nodes are run by miners but you cannot back that assertion up with any facts. Now you just go back to your incessant whining about fees and ignore that I called you out on your bullshit 'banking hubs' but continue to use it.

Explain how an LN node is "A financial establishment that uses money deposited by customers for investment, pays it out when required, makes loans at interest, and exchanges currency."

Provide evidence that "all the ones with more than 20 channels open, you know ran by the miners".

You make false assertions and then ignore it when you are challenged to back them up.

Your inability to follow a simple set of forum rules != censorship.

I don't mind rules so much but clearly here we have one set of rules for the party faithful spreading FUD
and another set of rules for everyone else so save the bullshit because I am not taking it.

I didn't say whether you minded them I pointed out that you are too dumb to read, understand and follow them.

Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ

32. Posting multiple posts in a row (excluding bumps and reserved posts by the thread starter) is not allowed.

You keep breaking the rules and that's why your posts get deleted. There are 3 posts of yours on the last page including the one I just replied to that broke that rule and might get deleted. http://archive.is/Xjoly You could never post a coherent argument that anyone would consider a threat worth censoring. Don't flatter yourself by thinking you have anything to say anyone would want to suppress. All you can do is use a false analogy. There is nothing remotely similar about a bank and an LN node. Go back and read that dictionary definition of a bank again, then read it again and again until you finally figure out what it means.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:20:45 PM

If the so called "lightning banking hubs" which is how some people call nodes with many channel connections as far as I can tell, become a treat to the community, namely, enforcing KYC, censoring transactions, reporting transaction data to feds and whatnot, they will simply get ignored and ostracized by the community, so unless they want their lightning operation to be rendered useless, they will behave. The free market will once again decide their viability.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: