Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:03:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency  (Read 159 times)
tayyabdar (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:04:55 PM

Hello there,

Please can anyone tell me if i can use my office PC and home PC to keep my same coins??
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16589

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 03:25:57 PM

An HD-wallet, such as Electrum or Bitcoin Core, can do this. But the wallets won't share your address book (and transaction descriptions), and you double the risk of losing your coins.
Depending on the amount you want to keep in your wallet, you could consider using different wallets on both locations.

You're posting this question on the wrong board though, you can move (bottom-left) it to either Beginners & Help or for more in-debt questions Bitcoin Technical Support
A better title helps too, for instance: "Can I use one wallet on 2 computers" describes your question much better.

Colorblind

Activity: 392
Merit: 41

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:21:47 PM

Hello there,

Please can anyone tell me if i can use my office PC and home PC to keep my same coins??

Your coins are not stored on any pc. All you need to spend your coins is your private key. This key can be stored anywhere, printed on paper or in handwriting or in form of qr code et cetera. There is no physical form where actual coins are stored. Anyone with your key can spend your coins. So while you own key you own coins regardless of location.
viva95

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:00:58 PM

If you keep very small amounts of digital currency in hot wallets on your computer is fine because a hacker probably won’t waste resources trying to gain access to small amounts of money. But if you are going to store big amount of money it will be much better if you use cold wallets (such as ledger nano) which are not connected to the internet
seymenyunus16

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:32:46 PM

Hello there,

Your coins are not stored on any pc. All you need to spend your coins is your private key. This key can be stored anywhere, printed on paper or in handwriting or in form of qr code et cetera. There is no physical form where actual coins are stored. Anyone with your key can spend your coins. So while you own key you own coins regardless of location.

Thanks friend. I'm looking for this. And answer is here Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: