Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:29:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE Place to Shop w/ Bitcoin: BitCoinWorldMarket.com  (Read 9050 times)
jostmey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 07:11:26 AM

Don't forget to add your website to the wiki. You should add your website to the wiki trade page(https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade), and also create your own special page wiki page (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BitcoinWorldMarket). It should help bring in some traffic.

Search Bitcoin
Discover the bitcoin economy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dien5Daze

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 07:35:51 AM

I'd like to see nutritional information on the foods that you sell, and more information in general about all of the products.  Not to harp on the memory card thing, but it would be nice to see brand names, for example.
wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 08:52:20 AM

Your site is awesome and I love your open and professional attitude!
This is exactly THE gateway the Bitcoin economy needs for slowly getting merchants and vendors to accept BTC directly.

I already have a list of items I'd like to buy - expect a large order once you ship internationally.

Great job!!!

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
bracek

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 04:19:41 PM

well, looks like so many items are overpriced, and that more than 100% in total cost for buyer...

nutiva hemp protein --- 1.38 btc !?!? before shipping and "sales fckn tax"
it goes for 10 bucks elsewhere, and even lower for bigger orders...

why is everyone so greedy ?
merchants, I mean.
and don't give me that expenses shit explanation...

Jalum

Activity: 774

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 04:58:53 PM

They're not actually stocking any products.  They're just drop-shipping from a warehouse supplier.  That's why you won't see any information about products that weren't part of their massive copy + paste.  You place an order with them in BTC, they cash it out into USD, pocket their 100-400% profit, then log into their Amazon account and order the items (with USD) to be delivered to you.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
joepie91

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 05:06:11 PM

They're not actually stocking any products.  They're just drop-shipping from a warehouse supplier.  That's why you won't see any information about products that weren't part of their massive copy + paste.  You place an order with them in BTC, they cash it out into USD, pocket their 100-400% profit, then log into their Amazon account and order the items (with USD) to be delivered to you.

Have you set up a store accepting Bitcoin lately?

Like my post(s)? 12TSXLa5Tu6ag4PNYCwKKSiZsaSCpAjzpu Smiley
Quote from: hawks5999
I just can't wait for fall/winter. My furnace never generated money for me before. I'll keep mining until my furnace is more profitable.
MatthewLM
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 05:12:24 PM

Sounds like your wholesalers are charging more than retail prices so it might be time to change supplier.
jostmey

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 05:13:49 PM

I am getting SICK and TIRED of people posting that the products in the store are marked up! Next time, somebody better post a link where they can find the item at a cheaper cost.

And pay attention to see if the BitcoinWorldMarket merchandise comes in bulk, because I looked and some of it does.

Search Bitcoin
Discover the bitcoin economy
joepie91

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 05:20:35 PM

To compare a random product on this store, and its equivalent on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Sambazon-Organic-Amazon-Energy-6x4/dp/B0048IFOYM - $59,99
http://www.bitcoinworldmarket.com/products/1545-sambazon-organic-amazon-energy-6x412-oz.aspx - 4,24BTC * 14,48 =~ $61,40

I fail to see how this is an extreme markup?

EDIT: Ah, it seems Jalum is just a little pathetic troll, probably better to just ignore him.

I just can't wait for fall/winter. My furnace never generated money for me before. I'll keep mining until my furnace is more profitable.
Jalum

Activity: 774

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 05:33:21 PM

Have you set up a store accepting Bitcoin lately?

I have no reason to rip anyone off, not even of their fake internet money. 

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:04:12 PM

Well, I looked through the inventory, and my conclusion is ... it's a lot like a store that's near me in meatspace that I sometimes shop at.

Both are places I would almost never patronize, because the fact is, the prices on a lot of things suck. I saw a toaster oven that works out to about $88 if I assume Bitcoins are 50 cents lower than today's low. Problem is ... Well, I can get the identical toaster oven for $30, RETAIL, at five different places in my area.

Oh, and they want $45 for the toaster I just picked up at a store last month for $15.

Oh, and then there's the dog food. Yes, it's bulk. Which means it works out to a bit over three dollars a can. Yes, it's "natural", except I can get natural dog food, _RETAIL_, larger cans, for about $1.50 each locally.

Actually, what's really irritating is ... when I started writing this, I was going to compare it to a local grocery store where some stuff is much more expensive, so I only go there if I can't get a ride farther (the place is the only store in walking distance for me), but they actually do have some good specials ...

So while my roommate was cooking breakfast, I've been looking through the site, TRYING, and utterly failing, to find a single price I'd actually consider reasonable. Just started looking through the dog treats section. I find my dog's favorite rawhides there. For more than double what I pay for them when I have to go to PetsMart.

If this is the best "market" we're gonna get for Bitcoin, then boy is Bitcoin fucked. I don't feel like pointing at all the other outright gouging because I have other stuff to do today, but...

If I can look through a site for the entire time it takes my roommate to cook breakfast and not find one single item I know the store price of (they have stuff I don't buy and wouldn't necessarily know) that's within 150% of what I could pay for the item _NAME BRAND RETAIL_ ... well, swing and a miss.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
ricksta

Activity: 79

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:13:56 PM

give this guy a break. It's a free market. Merchants are free to charge whatever they want. If his stuff is too expensive, he will soon realize that no one is buying. Either he'll drop his price to be something more realistic or he'll move on, thats how the market works.

I'm sure 99% of bitcoin owners right now are the type of people who can easily compare prices between several websites to see what they are buying is too expensive or not.
joepie91

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:16:25 PM

Now I get your point, but this:
If this is the best "market" we're gonna get for Bitcoin, then boy is Bitcoin fucked.
is just ridiculous. Do you really think this is going to be the single cheapest Bitcoin store in existence? Does the fact that one store is relatively expensive (and well, it seems that's mostly due to Amazon charging through the roof, as their markup doesn't seem to be that big), REALLY say anything about how Bitcoin as a concept is going to succeed or fail?
Just think about it rationally for a second.

Things like this *will* be how Bitcoin will get bootstrapped into a 'real economy'. Yes, it may be expensive right now, but the fact that there *are* stores that sell a lot of things for Bitcoins, is something very important for the 'image' people have of Bitcoin. When some company invents something new (say, the Philips Wake Up Light), do discounters immediately have a cheap no-brand alternative for it? No, it takes time.

It will be the same here. First the 'regular' stores pop up, before serious discounters appear.

give this guy a break. It's a free market. Merchants are free to charge whatever they want. If his stuff is too expensive, he will soon realize that no one is buying. Either he'll drop his price to be something more realistic or he'll move on, thats how the market works.

I'm sure 99% of bitcoin owners right now are the type of people who can easily compare prices between several websites to see what they are buying is too expensive or not.

Also, this.

MatthewLM
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:21:22 PM

The 16GB card is 5.58btc, at 14.5 USD/BTC that is $80.91. They are about $20 on Amazon. Thats a huge difference.
wolftaur

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:21:40 PM

Merchants are free to charge what they want, and I am free to give feedback on a public forum.

There's also a reason why I compared the prices to retail brick-and-mortar stores in my area, instead of the cheapest deal I could find online. Right now, if I want to buy pet food with bitcoins, I have two options. Transfer coins to the exchange, sell them, take the money. And that takes a bit. So I'd then go to a store, not online, because I'll notice he's low on food when he's got a few days worth left, not a couple weeks. This marketplace sells food I'd be fine with feeding my dog... except with the prices being well over double what I can easily find locally I'm not about to do that.

I give them a hell of a lot of credit for making the first place (that I know of) where I can actually buy dog food with bitcoins, but... if they want me to buy the dog food there, they'll have to be at least within parity of the brick and mortar pet stores in my area.

That's also why I gave specific examples of the things I looked at. That way they know what they're competing against, at least as far as whether I'm a customer, and can either ignore it, or look into it.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
joepie91

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:24:28 PM

The 16GB card is 5.58btc, at 14.5 USD/BTC that is $80.91. They are about $20 on Amazon. Thats a huge difference.
Are you comparing the exact same products? Comparing generic SD brand #1 against generic SD brand #2 is not going to help much.

That's the reason I only compared products of a specific brand.

MatthewLM
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:26:26 PM

Do people seriously pay 4 times as much for an SD card on brand?
wolftaur

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:28:38 PM

If this is the best "market" we're gonna get for Bitcoin, then boy is Bitcoin fucked.
is just ridiculous. Do you really think this is going to be the single cheapest Bitcoin store in existence? Does the fact that one store is relatively expensive (and well, it seems that's mostly due to Amazon charging through the roof, as their markup doesn't seem to be that big), REALLY say anything about how Bitcoin as a concept is going to succeed or fail?

Yeah, for that, I apologize. It's early morning for me, and that reads, well. A lot harsher than I was aiming when I typed it. :/

Things like this *will* be how Bitcoin will get bootstrapped into a 'real economy'. Yes, it may be expensive right now, but the fact that there *are* stores that sell a lot of things for Bitcoins, is something very important for the 'image' people have of Bitcoin. When some company invents something new (say, the Philips Wake Up Light), do discounters immediately have a cheap no-brand alternative for it? No, it takes time.

It will be the same here. First the 'regular' stores pop up, before serious discounters appear.

The problem is, I'm not comparing the prices to Wal-Mart. I'm comparing the dog food prices to the name brand food at the "high end pet store" in my area. I'm not comparing this place to the discounters. He wants more than twice for the cans of dog food as the most expensive dog food I've seen at the most expensive pet store in my area. If I compare the prices to Wal-Mart, then it's more than four times the cost -- but that wasn't the comparison I made, because, no, I don't expect the discounters to be the first that appear...

If the price was double the cost of the store brand dog food at Wal-Mart I wouldn't have even made a post. But it's not double the cost at Wal-Mart. It's more than double the cost of the "fancy" dog food at the local pet store. More than double the cost of the most expensive brand they sell. That's not "not being a serious discounter", that's gouging.

joepie91

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:30:56 PM

Do people seriously pay 4 times as much for an SD card on brand?
In some cases, yes.

Then again, people also pay twice the amount of money for a pot of brand-name peanut butter, while the brand-less peanut butter is exactly identical and from the same factory. That's how it works, apparently.

Yeah, for that, I apologize. It's early morning for me, and that reads, well. A lot harsher than I was aiming when I typed it. :/

The problem is, I'm not comparing the prices to Wal-Mart. I'm comparing the dog food prices to the name brand food at the "high end pet store" in my area. I'm not comparing this place to the discounters. He wants more than twice for the cans of dog food as the most expensive dog food I've seen at the most expensive pet store in my area. If I compare the prices to Wal-Mart, then it's more than four times the cost -- but that wasn't the comparison I made, because, no, I don't expect the discounters to be the first that appear...

If the price was double the cost of the store brand dog food at Wal-Mart I wouldn't have even made a post. But it's not double the cost at Wal-Mart. It's more than double the cost of the "fancy" dog food at the local pet store. More than double the cost of the most expensive brand they sell. That's not "not being a serious discounter", that's gouging.
Ok, I thought you were comparing it to the local Wal-Mart or similar. In that case it may indeed be over the top, but did you also compare it to the price of these products on for example Amazon? From what I have seen so far, it seems Amazon is charging through the roof for things, and he doesn't have *that* much markup (which basically means he should probably be looking for a different supplier).

Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:32:39 PM

The price of that 16 GB sd card is VERY high it seems.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: