Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:58:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I measure the hype of a project?  (Read 253 times)
MIV.matteo

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:18:12 PM

The best thing is to spend hours to read groups even on facebook and telegram to realize how much interest there can be around and why but since no one has time to throw I would say that remains only to rely on the good icorating or icodrops sites

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
inillo (OP)

Activity: 254
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:50:08 PM

The best thing is to spend hours to read groups even on facebook and telegram to realize how much interest there can be around and why but since no one has time to throw I would say that remains only to rely on the good icorating or icodrops sites

I have found that ICO rating sites are not very good at predicting the true value of ICOs. They are very superficial an are based on the information received from the project without  further checks mostly.
Cheyenne

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:56:04 PM

ICORating is a great site for that. They have a meter bar that shows the hype and the risk associated with an ICO. Wink

Yes, ICORating is a great website where you can see the hype rate and the return on investment.
But generally speaking, I will judge a project by the number and popularity of Telegram, and you can also use icodrop, which also has relevant information on the website.
awazieik

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 01:08:43 PM

Does anyone know any tool or set of tools that could allow me to evaluate how much hype is a project achieving across different social platforms and media? I would be looking for something easy, automated and not too expensive.

Doesn't matter how much hype you are able to measure , it is not going to determine the success or failure of a project but I think Icorating will help you to achieve your goal

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
melamiras

Activity: 230
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:18:49 PM
Merited by inillo (2)

Hi, I think this may be something very useful to measure the hype. As most projects use the Telegram channels to promote, you can probably get a good view by the number of users in groups. You can use this link to follow the news.

http://icowhitelists.com/telegram-tracker-tokens-icos/

For example, this is todays results...
inillo (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:51:23 PM

Oh, there is no need to spend hours reading, there must be an approximate method that can give you just a clear idea, not an accurate one of how the hype is going.
The_White_RabbitBTC

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:28:13 PM

I have found that ICO rating sites are not very good at predicting the true value of ICOs. They are very superficial an are based on the information received from the project without  further checks mostly.

Most of them are like Standard & Poor's or Moody's - you have to pay for their ratings, so there's always incentive to over-valuate or under-valuate certain projects. And that is a bad practice.

And the hype might come later when the project is launched, not necessarily now.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:48:42 PM

Does anyone know any tool or set of tools that could allow me to evaluate how much hype is a project achieving across different social platforms and media? I would be looking for something easy, automated and not too expensive.

The only way you can evaluate the 'hype' a project is grossing across different social platforms is by looking at the amount of funds raised by the project. With more exposure on social medias, you should be expecting investors to be roped in by the uniqueness and potential of the project.
It is unlikely you will find any sort of automated tools for analyzing these statistics and your best bet here would be to code something yourself which evaluates stuff based views, likes, retweets etc.
francojon

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:07:43 PM

The only way you can evaluate the 'hype' a project is grossing across different social platforms is by looking at the amount of funds raised by the project. With more exposure on social medias, you should be expecting investors to be roped in by the uniqueness and potential of the project.
It is unlikely you will find any sort of automated tools for analyzing these statistics and your best bet here would be to code something yourself which evaluates stuff based views, likes, retweets etc.

I would be thinking that some of the professional tools that digital marketers use must provide some type of measuring tools. Those campaigns are sometime much larger than the ones for ICOs.
inillo (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:52:35 PM

Hi, I think this may be something very useful to measure the hype. As most projects use the Telegram channels to promote, you can probably get a good view by the number of users in groups. You can use this link to follow the news.

http://icowhitelists.com/telegram-tracker-tokens-icos/

For example, this is todays results...

This is pretty much the best quick tool available, thanks. I would also have to check if the company is promoting people joining with perks, but it is good enough for me.
manlyxman

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:57:43 PM

Lurking in their communities is always a good idea I think.

You can see how the devs react and interact with their fans and go on from that.
helga22richter

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:30:00 PM

You should check different rates, statistic and feedbacks.
inillo (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:26:24 PM

You should check different rates, statistic and feedbacks.

Yep sure, but I am asking for something a bit more specific, like a tool on-line, preferably cheap or free that can provide those stats easily.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: