Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:26:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Here we go again ...now its Instawallet.org ?  (Read 4435 times)
ttk2

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 06:11:10 PM

There is a huge hole in the mobile bitcoin market.

There needs to be a better smartphone app that can hold a wallet. One that does NOT need to download the entire blockchain to work.

One that will instantly creat a QR code of a bitcoin address, and be able to scan a QR of a bitcoin address.

The blockchain download is a major hurdle.

I have not been paying attention to dev lately so this could be a non issue. if so let me know.

https://market.android.com/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet&feature=search_result

Here you go, smartphone app that can scan/create QR codes, has NFC support and does not need to download the entire block chain (although it does grab a very small portion of it)

Just in case i do something worthwhile: 12YXLzbi4hfLaUxyPswRbKW92C6h5KsVnX
coinage

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 06:34:25 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2011, 12:09:08 AM by coinage

To the original poster:

I think we should clarify there is no evidence here that Instawallet is acting like Mybitcoin.  Please consider updating the title of the thread or adding a note to the first post.

What has been suggested is that attempts to view/use more than one Instawallet at a time can confuse the site, the browser, or both.  That should be brought to the attention of the Instawallet operator immediately, especially by someone who can provide an exact example.

(This thread may have enough detail already -- experiments might be hazardous to your balance!)

Many new web services exhibit issues when multiple tabs/windows are opened in the same browser, or when the 'Back' button is used, or when a 'Submit' button in a form is pressed repeatedly.  I recently noticed a certain Google service acts erratically or hangs (without any error message) after I open a second browser tab and log into a different Google service with a different user name.  If you have dozens of tabs open, it's hard to avoid these situations.

Where irrevocable transactions are concerned, this sort of issue could conceivably lead to a loss of Bitcoins or payment from an unintended wallet.
DrKennethNoisewater

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 07:12:13 PM

Panic at the Bitcoin Disco!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: