Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:00:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] UniversalCoin - The Free Digital Currency  (Read 20746 times)
Tane

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:03:37 PM

This project is filled with excellent innovative ideas and endless possibilities based on blockchain technology, I see the concept of this, and I must say that I'm passionate about all this, I think that it will certainly attract investors looking for an excellent and innovative project, on the high side. I am looking forward to the implementation of this project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mfyilmaz

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:20:55 PM

We are all waiting for this experiment as it seems like a nice idea... but somehow I dont like the fact that the dev did postone the 7th airdrop... I hope that in the end of july the airdrop will take place as devs not keeping their words never achieved something big especially in a place where trust is most important...
Roels Major

Activity: 191
Merit: 56

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:35:29 PM

UNV is moving to the Ethereum Classic blockchain!

Starting July 26, new UNV ERC-223 tokens will be issued to all UNV holders, and that token will operate on the Ethereum Classic blockchain.

Wait, why is there a new token?

It's expensive to make transactions on the Ethereum blockchain where UNV lives now, and for UniversalCoin to scale and succeed we need to make a lot of transactions without charging anyone. Transaction fees on Ethereum Classic are low enough that we can sustain and scale the distribution of UNV through the app. This way we can take UNV from 19000 people to millions.

What is ERC-223 and why switch to it?

ERC-223 is an upgrade of the ERC-20 token standard. It corrects some security vulnerabilities of ERC-20 along with several other improvements including more efficient transactions.

How do I get my new tokens?

Addresses and private keys are the same in Ethereum and Ethereum Classic, as they were once the same blockchain. We'll send your new ERC-223 UNV tokens to the same address that your UNV is kept in - you just need a wallet that works with Ethereum Classic, like MyEtherWallet or Trust Wallet.

What about my old tokens?

They're still your property but we won't be supporting them any further. Only the new ERC-223 tokens on Ethereum Classic will be distributed from now on.

When is this happening?

A snapshot of all UNV holding amounts will be taken at 00:00 UTC Thursday, July 26 2018. The same amount of new UNV tokens held at that time will be sent to all holders over the following 48 hours. We'll let you know when the snapshots have been taken and when the new tokens have been sent.

What about the distribution?

The distribution is coming back in early August to give us time to execute the switch to Ethereum Classic, and to complete the final touches on the UNV Claim app for Android and iOS. We'll let you know when there's a confirmed date.

If you have questions or feedback, don't hesitate to get in touch on our Telegram, subreddit, Twitter or email us.   

Thanks for your support,
UNV Team

"I select a very small number of things to be sceptical about, such as markets, and on these I am hypersceptic. But I want to be fooled by randomness in art." — Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Basion

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:15:19 AM

Hi! I think many people will participate in this project. We need to spread the information about this project, so that as many people as possible can learn about it.
Drizzyklaus

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:07:38 AM

This one they moving to another phase

Alot of people may not know about the movement with may probably be in our favor in terms of dumpers

We expect a good rise frm. This token

Probably 0.10$
TheAllSeenGuy

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:08:04 AM

The (unfinished) Android app was available temporarily on the Google Play Store a couple of days ago. Managed to get it & try it out a bit before it was removed/hidden again. I won't divulge too much since it's obviously still in testing, but it was a quick registration followed by a series of simple CAPTCHA-style tests. There was a progress/percent completed bar & each CAPTCHA filled it up a certain percent with the option at some points to watch an ad to gain 30%. The first day I tried it (twice) each task was worth 10% completion, so the ads (which seem to be 10-30 secs) were only worth 3 tasks. The second day I tested though, the tasks were only worth 3% each which made the claim process take significantly (3x) longer and made the 30% ad boost (now worth 10 tasks) much more helpful/valuable (watched two videos this round for 60% total). DISCLAIMER: I did make a mistake on the first or second task in this round so I'm not sure if that's why the percents dropped or if they were just still tweaking the formula. It seemed as though the claim windows will be open for a certain amount of time (on Sunday/Mondays) & we will be able to claim as many times as we can get through the process in during that time-frame. I just wanted to give everyone an update since information seems to be a bit scarce here.
mfyilmaz

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:12:54 AM

Yeah I want the app too but I will rather wait for a good version instead of having a buggy beta which doesnt work as it should because a buggy app is just bad publicity and will only harm the project. So I will gladly wait for a better app Smiley just go on guys and change the world for a better.
naderba666

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:32:36 AM

Tell me, what are the bonuses for early investors? I liked the idea of your project and I am considering the possibility of participating in ICO.
Windmoney@1

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 06:38:27 PM

Dev  when are you listing this precious coin on exchanger and what will be the trading price
Adam Travers (OP)

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:57:14 AM

Tell me, what are the bonuses for early investors? I liked the idea of your project and I am considering the possibility of participating in ICO.

Hey and thanks for your interest. We don't have bonuses in the common ICO sense, but we can say the rate we offer now is better than what will be offered in future. You check out out https://fundraiser.universalcoin.io for more info.
Adam Travers (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:58:19 AM

Dev  when are you listing this precious coin on exchanger and what will be the trading price

Planning to list sometime early next year. It will be up to the market to determine the trading price  Grin
Adam Travers (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:59:02 AM

UPDATE: We've completed the development work on our mobile apps that will enable the future distribution of UNV.

We're currently working through the steps of putting our submission through with Apple. Releasing an app on google is relatively straightforward, however Apple holds their devs to a higher standard. As part of meeting their criteria for cryptocurrency-related apps, UniversalCoin is now a registered company 🍾🍾 This was coming for a while now and it feels good to take the project to the next stage.

We understand the wait has been painful, we can only say that we want to do things properly and these things just take time. We're excited to roll out a robust process from global wealth distribution very soon. Thanks for your support 😀
Adam Travers (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:30:02 AM

We're extremely pleased to announce that our Android beta is live. Here's the link to download:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.universalcoin.app

Claim windows are Monday 24 September, from 00:00-02:00 and 12:00-14:00 UTC (2 hour windows).
We're limiting it to 2000 users for the beta, the total distribution will be 25M UNV from our discretionary fund.

Apologies to iOS users, it's really tricky for us to do large scale testing on iOS. If all goes to plan you'll be able to claim the following week (our iOS app is approved and ready to launch 🍾).
USBitcoinServices.Com

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 03:02:08 AM

So, what's the new update so far of this project? is there a need to swap tokens from ETH to ETH Classic?? if so, instructions?

Adam Travers (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 04:49:06 AM

So, what's the new update so far of this project? is there a need to swap tokens from ETH to ETH Classic?? if so, instructions?

Hi! In terms of progress we did run a quick beta test for the new distribution system on Android. From that we found a few issues with our server and load which we need to deal with, so we're now looking at restarting the distribution in December.

In terms of the switch to ETC - there is no action required and all ETC tokens have been distributed to the same addresses that held the old ETH tokens. Easiest way to see the UNV is to check the account balance with Trust (add an ETC account) or use MEW, select an ETC network on the top-right selector then add UNV from the available tokens list.
Viewtifulced

Activity: 181
Merit: 40

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 10:33:58 AM

I had a little surprise when I saw that distribution had resumed today. I thought the project was dead.
Adam Travers (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 11:23:24 AM

We're alive! We just distributed the UNV for distribution #8.

Make sure you have the app to claim in our next distribution on April 1. We'll be back to a weekly cadence from now on.

Android app

iOS app
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/universalcoin/id1435974024?ls=1&mt=8
Viewtifulced

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 12:21:10 PM

We're alive! We just distributed the UNV for distribution #8.

Make sure you have the app to claim in our next distribution on April 1. We'll be back to a weekly cadence from now on.

Android app

iOS app
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/universalcoin/id1435974024?ls=1&mt=8

Airdrop received, thank you. Can you tell us why there was a several months without news?
Adam Travers (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 08:43:43 PM

We had a long period of development getting our apps ready, and we neglected this channel when sharing news somewhat. Apologies for that!
Viewtifulced

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 10:06:23 AM

We had a long period of development getting our apps ready, and we neglected this channel when sharing news somewhat. Apologies for that!
No problem. I hope that you will reach the end of your project.
You could open a Discord channel to bring the community together.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: