Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:50:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heads up (blockchain info) - Error #26: 66: mempool min fee not met - Solved  (Read 162 times)
upcoinclient (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:32:25 PM

Hi there,

Just a heads up that many people may be accessing their old wallets (due to recent interest in BitCoin) on blockchain.
The process seems to work fine (at least for me).
Here is where you point people if they get errors like the following:

BitcoindException(super=com.neemre.btcdcli4j.core.BitcoindException: Error #-26: 66: mempool min fee not met, code=-26)

When I recovered my account, I sent a test transaction with the lowest fee possible.
To this day, the test transaction is still unconfirmed (due to the low fee).
When you have a pending transaction like this, you will get an error if you attempt to send any other transactions.
This can be very frustrating (and there doesn't seem to be a solution or response from blockchain)
Next you will try to export your wallet / private key elsewhere to fix the problem. But then you may encounter another problem.
When you export your private key, you may find that it doesn't resolve to the original address.
This has also been solved.
Basically you can follow the instructions at https://github.com/OmniLayer/omniwallet/wiki/Exporting-Private-Key-from-Blockchain.info-and-Importing-to-Omniwallet.org
Make sure to look at the last point if your imported private key doesn't resolve to the correct address.
You don't have to use omniwallet (I used electrum to import my private key).

Most of my searches to find a solution landed me on this website, so I registered here to tell you this.
(I also lost like 5+ BTC when the old exchanges closed down)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: