Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:03:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie accounts spamming ICO information in private messages, how to block?  (Read 178 times)
Nebell (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:41:31 PM

I can't find anything in the settings and I'm getting pissed off from all the newbie accounts sending private messages about some ICOs.

Can we have an option to block all messages from new accounts?

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:03:55 PM

I have been getting these for quite a while now and honestly I think we simply can't. Perhaps an option could be implemented to block messages from people with the newbie rank. I don't want to disable my PMs.
Flodner

Activity: 1946
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 08:55:03 PM

I got several messages from people who promote "Bitcointalk messaging services", but the number of messages was not impressive - may be 5 in several months.
Moreover the fact others don't send promotional messages I think means that such services are not popular)

poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 09:08:15 PM

I have been getting these for quite a while now and honestly I think we simply can't. Perhaps an option could be implemented to block messages from people with the newbie rank. I don't want to disable my PMs.
Unfortunately we can't block particular rank. To be honest even if I could, I wouldn't Smiley
At least one ICO offer a day knocks at my PM door and among those, some real "gems" can be found.
The day before yesterday I was hit with an offer written with so ridiculously broken language that I almost spilled my tea.
There was something about furniture loving [sic] and jeans... man, bot translators are still in alpha phase.

One or two PM's a day, with such "lifetime" deals are not that terrible. I can accept this status quo.
There is a price for having active, high ranked account  Roll Eyes  

Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:22:58 PM

I can't find anything in the settings and I'm getting pissed off from all the newbie accounts sending private messages about some ICOs.

Can we have an option to block all messages from new accounts?

You are not the only one mate. Everyday I received many message from newbies as well about a certain ICO blah blah.

I'm not sure if we can block all of them though. But I learn not to be mad seeing my inbox growing LOL. I just deleted all their message without reading any single one of them.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
breaktime

Activity: 270
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:57:08 PM

there is a russian bounty manager , this guy spamming everyone with his shit campaign everyday.
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:27:11 PM

Newbies can no longer send other members PM's unless they opt-in, you shouldn't get these messages anymore.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2728840.0
Xtez

Activity: 155
Merit: 13

Arabic Translation. Pm me

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:29:20 PM

Yeah i keep getting random messages from accounts about ICOs 

Remember anyone can start an ICO so please make sure not to fall for the bullshit

---Looking for new Campaign---
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:02:27 PM

Yeah i keep getting random messages from accounts about ICOs 

Remember anyone can start an ICO so please make sure not to fall for the bullshit
You are classic example of shitposter who is unable to read post which is only...wait....1 post above yours...posted only 2 minute before yours..You probably received "someone posted while you were typing" message but you didn't bother to read it.
Flodner

Activity: 1946
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 12:09:37 AM

there is a russian bounty manager , this guy spamming everyone with his shit campaign everyday.

Yes, and it is also both sad and funny to see when russians post in russian into English threads, in telegrams, and get angry if somebody asks them to speak English.
I also get similar spam, but from other channels (telegram, e-mail)

Not so long ago in russian sub-section on forum in "Work" section I saw an offer to "make posts on Bitcointalk" with a payment 1-2 rubles per post ($1-2 cents).

That's why shitposters will exist and will increase in number.
They are not interested to read or even to community, they just need to make posts))

Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:02:20 AM

Newbies can no longer send other members PM's unless they opt-in, you shouldn't get these messages anymore.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2728840.0
I just bumped here and as I see on MadZ shared link and it directs to theymos post regarding ignoring newbies PM and I found it helpful since I am pissed off also by this newbie messaging such ICO's whether it urges you to invest or promote it. I love that new concept of ignorelist for newbie PM. Thanks to our moderators.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: