Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:01:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PONDER: DECENTRALIZED MATCHMAKING : Revolutionizing How People Meet  (Read 2010 times)
theponderapp (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 09:34:18 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 08:26:19 PM by theponderapp

Ponder
~Play Matchmaker for Financial Rewards~

Forbes China Talks With Ponder’s CEO

_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________

What is Ponder?

Ponder is a platform for matchmaking. It decentralizes matchmaking allowing anyone to play matchmaker for friends and other community members, and to profit from doing so.

Large-scale matchmaking has traditionally been done centrally, either through online services such as Match.com or Linkedin, or offline through matchmaking agencies and recruitment firms. Informal matchmaking done among friends and contacts often leads to the best results but is very limited in scale.  Ponder takes this informal matchmaking, and scales it for the mass-market using game mechanics and financial rewards. We motivate everyone to play matchmaker.

The Ponder beta is already available in both iOS and Android and has 70k users.  The initial focus is on romantic matchmaking. Users drag and drop photos of singles they think would be a good match. If the couple like each other, the matchmaker earns $10. If the couple marry, the matchmaker wins $1000. Singles each pay $10 for every successful match, thereby earning the app $10 for each union.

For singles, Ponder is the best way to find quality dates recommended by friends and a community of motivated matchmakers. For everyone, single or taken, Ponder is a fun game-like experience where they can test their intuition and make some money.
Incentivizing Engagement

The Ponder Gold token provides users with a number of benefits

1.       A Ponder Gold holder who is dating will be exclusively shown to the matchmakers that have the best match rates. In other words, singles will increase their chances of being matched.

2.       A Ponder Gold holder who is matchmaking will be shown the most active singles, increasing their own match rate, and thereby potentially gaining more financial reward.

3.       Only Ponder Gold holders can participate in Matchmaking Groups. These are private sub-communities aligned around values and interests, providing a more focused matchmaking experience.

4.       Ponder Gold holders can offer other services to token holders such as singles events or relationship advice, with the ability to charge for their services.

5.       As we expand into other verticals such as recruiting, Ponder Gold holders will continue to accrue special benefits.

Token Sale - When?

Token Sale Start: 6am PST February 14th, 2018
Token Sale End: 10pm PST April 20th, 2018
Link: http://tokensale.ponderapp.co
Bounty: https://tokensale.ponderapp.co/#ponder_bounty

Token Type: ERC-20
Token Sale Volume: 18,000,000 USD
Token Distribution: 25% Token Sale ; 5% Token Distribution ; 40% Purchase within app ; 30% retained by Ponder
Token Price: $0.2
Accepted Forms of Payment: BTC, ETH, LTC, Dash, Zcash, NEO, or USD

Why Blockchain?

A decentralized network such as the blockchain allows for a matchmaking app such as Ponder to increase its trust exponentially. Smart contracts and a blockchain-based platform will allow our users to receive and offer matchmaking services, regardless of trust.

There is already a value economy within the app through the fiat-based Ponder Dollars system. A token can help replace this, where matchmakers earn tokens granted by those they successfully match. Having a token on the Ethereum blockchain is quicker and cheaper than a custom in-app payment mechanism.

Using blockchain technology we can create a structure for accurately collecting and safely storing sensitive personal data - avoiding an Ashley Madison-type hacking scenario. This builds up trust in the system and the community, allowing people to feel more free to be who they are, thereby generating better data to utilize in the matchmaking process.

Road to Decentralization

Ponder will decentralize and move to the blockchain gradually. Currently the beta product is being tested entirely off the blockchain. The first step will be the addition on April 20th 2018 the ERC-20 standard-based Ponder Gold token on the Ethereum blockchain. This token will act as a parallel currency to the fiat-based Ponder Dollars currency, giving engaged users a number of ‘VIP benefits’ within the current core matchmaking function within the app.

The second step will be the introduction of Group Matchmaking, where the blockchain will be used for collecting - from multiple parties - data pertinent to the matching process. The most sensitive data will not be stored centrally with Ponder, but rather locally or in a distributed fashion. To prevent poor user experiences arising from blockchain congestion, some transactions will be completed off the blockchain.

As additional services are added to romantic matchmaking, and as we expand into the recruiting vertical in 2019, there will be ever more additional data transferred over the blockchain. And as congestion issues are removed, more of the time-sensitive transactions previously kept off the blockchain can be added back on.

Our Vision

Ponder seeks to revolutionize how people meet. It is a platform for enabling personal introductions at scale. Using the motivating power of game mechanics and monetary reward it makes matchmakers out of everyone.

Ponder is needed because introductions change lives. Everybody can trace a shift in the direction of their lives based on an introduction - to a spouse, a job, a business partner, a friend. These high impact introductions however are limited in number and hard to find. Nobody has created a way for making quality introductions at scale.

Our vision is to be the go-to place for meeting new people in all contexts where trust is critical – dating, recruiting, business partnerships, roommates, babysitting etc. Our first target is dating/matrimony, a market with a clear problem and no good solution.

In addition to the vision outlined above, we want to finally bring blockchain technology to the masses. For too long the blockchain and cryptocurrencies have remained esoteric concepts, far removed from the problems of most people. Decentralized applications have focused on dry B2B subject matter with similarly unapproachable user interfaces, limiting the spread of blockchain understanding and innovation to very specific niche audiences. Using fun game-like interfaces and strong playful branding, we want to make Ponder the first blockchain-based application that people can readily identify, utilize, and fall in love with.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PetrovichCoinMaster

Activity: 224
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:43:46 PM

In some countries it will be possible to use your service? Won't it violate some laws with regards to gambling?
manshu1999

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:09:30 PM

In some countries it will be possible to use your service? Won't it violate some laws with regards to gambling?

Hi, it's possible to use the service in all countries that we know of. The platform doesn't contravene gambling regulations (in the US or Europe at least) since it's classified as a game of skill. Also, there is no money required to play the game - successful matchmakers make money without paying anything. You only need to pay money if you are receiving more matches for yourself than you are making for others. So this is not classified as gambling.
theponderapp (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 06:20:10 PM

Yes ThePonderApp is compliant and already open to everyone. Our app is for helping to find better relationship matches not gambling Smiley
angrygerl

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:23:33 AM

Hi, interesting idea. I think that success can be in case of good advertising. Many people see themselves in the role of matchmaker. Your difference from the agencies, I understand, is that I can wooing only my acquaintances?
Onatarmedracen

Activity: 180

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:31:50 AM

Hello. Please tell us, if the Union's success, payment for the services of the matchmaker will be paid in dollars or your tokens? After all, to use the usual currency will need to register a purse. Will you take a commission from every successful union?
Zulkin0s

Activity: 87
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:44:46 AM

I don't think that this type of service require blockchain. Blockchain is not mechanism for secure storage, more important is reliable and clever InfoSec system.
And how you planning to fight abusers? What will happen if somebody register many accounts and make one of them matchmaker which choose other account to date each other and earn from every date?
aileenmg

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:46:32 AM

I don't think that this type of service require blockchain. Blockchain is not mechanism for secure storage, more important is reliable and clever InfoSec system.
And how you planning to fight abusers? What will happen if somebody register many accounts and make one of them matchmaker which choose other account to date each other and earn from every date?

Apparently the administration already has mechanisms for solving fraud issues and other mechanisms to get tokens. 1000 dollars for the couple getting married. How to avoid fraud in this case, I do not really understand.
Barryeinz

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:29:49 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 01:21:19 PM by Barryeinz

Apparently the administration already has mechanisms for solving fraud issues and other mechanisms to get tokens. 1000 dollars for the couple getting married. How to avoid fraud in this case, I do not really understand.

And from what funds will these awards be paid? I certainly understand that this is a good motivation but at the same time it is an impressive amount of money. I want to understand where this will come from.

Truthfinder76

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:33:11 PM

It's just unreal even theoretically. Even if the will try to check documents, how they can to know it's real wedding or only for money. Maybe you can say about time spended together but real man can say goodbye, my wife, goodbye after 5 years as good as scammer.
orchideja75

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:04:27 PM

You want to collect a large sum of 18 000 000 dollars. Some of these funds will be allocated to the Fund to pay the winning matchmaker rates? From where will the fund be constantly replenished? After all, the sum of 1000 dollars is quite large.
Katabiamorambe

Activity: 116

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:10:52 PM

It's just unreal even theoretically. Even if the will try to check documents, how they can to know it's real wedding or only for money. Maybe you can say about time spended together but real man can say goodbye, my wife, goodbye after 5 years as good as scammer.
I understand that with the help of Blockchain you can check the marriage data of a married couple, but the riddle for me is how to check that they do not draw divorce in a week. In this case, what protection mechanisms can be used?
Vasyafet

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:26:30 PM

You want to collect a large sum of 18 000 000 dollars. Some of these funds will be allocated to the Fund to pay the winning matchmaker rates? From where will the fund be constantly replenished? After all, the sum of 1000 dollars is quite large.
20% from collected amount become a fund for rewards, i really don't understand how it will work, how those tokens will return to the platform to ensure token loop for ecosystem.
Truthfinder76

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:10:02 PM

I understand that with the help of Blockchain you can check the marriage data of a married couple, but the riddle for me is how to check that they do not draw divorce in a week. In this case, what protection mechanisms can be used?
You quote my message but don't read it? Real couple can divorce in a five years as good as scammers. Try to imagine how they can be catched, i can't. But for now i'm don't finished read about project , maybe answer is somwhere in whitepaper
naderba666

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:16:57 PM

can i know whats the detail specifiation this token ?
Vasyafet

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:35:16 PM

can i know whats the detail specifiation this token ?

Maybe you should try to read whitepaper, i read it and now is happy because found answers for my questions, it have different translitions and it very detailed.
Varnix

Activity: 64

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 03:38:59 PM

Interesting idea, seems to be the first of it kind. I'll be looking into it. Keep it up.
Dorbaraco

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:47:33 PM

Guys, I understand correctly if a lone person wants to buy tokens, then he must register on the exchange and buy tokens or will it be possible to do it right inside the system?
Quelowessianni

Activity: 68

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:59:33 PM

Interesting idea, seems to be the first of it kind. I'll be looking into it. Keep it up.
Yes, the idea is really unique in its kind, but I wanted to take part in the bounty program first. This would be a good chance to get promising tokens for free.
theponderapp (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 04:02:56 PM

Hi, interesting idea. I think that success can be in case of good advertising. Many people see themselves in the role of matchmaker. Your difference from the agencies, I understand, is that I can wooing only my acquaintances?

You can be matchmaker to 2 strangers, to 1 stranger and 1 acquaintance, or 2 acquaintances.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: