Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:57:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinsmarkets SCAM  (Read 1977 times)
Xandar

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:11:17 PM

https://twitter.com/StocksExchangeR/status/951796262910783488

"due to the fact that cm is over, now we feel incredible load on our team and our service.".....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
setec

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:04:24 PM

There's always the chance they seriously fucked up server / data migration, started getting death threats immediately and is now just having a 7 panic attack.

Just a few weeks ago some dev wiped out 300 mill worth of ETH with a few wrong key strokes.

One look at this site's source code and the URL structures screams utter incompetence.

Then again the fact that his real identity is hard to find points to something premeditated.

Bad news either way.

Best wishes to all involved.
Saberu87

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:51:45 AM

I almost held a position in Electra on the other small exchange that was trading it known as coinhouse.eu. But I changed my mind when I saw red flags.

This is completely my own theory and opinion and should not be taken as fact.

I believe that Electra coin is a scam and the people behind it used their new found coin wealth to create the coinsmarkets.com trading site. They used a lot of hyp and marketing on Twitter, Youtube, Reddit and their own Telegram chat group to make people believe they were preparing for some kind of technology release.

Their objective has been to steal as much Bitcoin from people as possible by using a mix of the fake exchange and fake tech coin/ fake hype.

The coinhouse.eu another small exchange launched recently, I do believe this is a legitimate exchange and they gave me successful withdrawal on my Bitcoins. However that exchange is very new and obviously still a risk.

Of course it's possible that Coinsmarkets is not a scam and just run by really incompetent developers, in which case it would not have been too difficult for competent hackers to break in and steal all the cryptocurrency. An occurrence that WOULD be consistent with the DDOS attacks suffered by them.

Interestingly.. I believe they had Cloudflare setup to protect the server from DDOS attacks which leads me to believe the DDOS was likely directed towards a non HTTP service running on their server.

Hackers like to DDOS sites while they conduct their attack because it makes it harder for sysadmins to login and stop the attack not to mention they would have got bombarded with customer complaints to deal with at the same time.
Luci0gabsan

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:46:23 AM

I've only some POS coin ie COMP Compound Coin... I've tested the if the coins are in the wallet checking the address using the explorer. The coin are there! So it don't seem to be a scam.
cryptodanik

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:33:35 PM

I am trying to login and i get a wrong username/password message, then when i try to recover my password they say an email
to recover assword as been sent but no email so far and it has been several hours..
I didnt wanted to believe that they are making an exit scam but no i am afraid that this is what it is.
I guess i can kiss my eca coins godbay...
MadMac

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:42:26 PM

Almost every posting is from a pissed off or pissed or both Newbie. What do you guys want to achieve? Let them do their job and get things fixed. Morans.
DynamiteTNT

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:45:25 PM

We are getting updates, stop panicking for a moment and let the people do their job.

Newer update on the header of the site: https://i.imgur.com/pHbN6YZ.png
ghald

Activity: 163

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:15:37 AM

Sb has news about the F*king CM? It's couple weeks!
DynamiteTNT

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:56:26 PM

Coinsmarkets said this:

"First let us explain what is coinsmarkets , we are based on 2 investor , 1 admin , 1 coder , 2 senior support and 4 general support .

In November last year 1 of senior support left the team , It is hard enough to hire a new one , this work is based on a lot of trust , so we still waiting for correct condidat .

Now let's move to the issue , in December we experienced a lot of new users and huge volume , we were ready for double or even triple volume but in our case it was 10x +.

From here all kind of problem start with servers ,

Now add to that the last senior support remaining have some family issue and was forced to be off  most of the time .

In addition to all that there was some db corruption issue we faced due to the overload and later hosting issue.

So a lot of work to do with a lot of missing stuff.

Please understand that in exchange you can't just go and hire someone and trust him millions of dollars .

We are sorry for lack of comunication about issue we have thought that people already trust us enough , and we invested 100% of time in restoring the site .

Now issue with hosting , hosting complained about a lot of fraud report from users about our service . We find this really hard to explain , it is clear that not even a single coin has moved from our wallets , and once again we are here to stay ,

We have not even released 10% of our road map , there is a lot of new future to be added in the nearest future.

A week ago we started negoation with new host that can accept similar service , we initiated the move ,

The Database was fixed yesterday night .

Now remain to setup new servers , few fix here and there and service will be restored ,

We write our news only in coinsmarkets news section , any twitter , chat msg etc is a scam ,

Again Official Coinsmarkets message are written only in coinsmarkets news section ."
Santuu87

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:57:42 PM

It doesn't function now
TheShekelProject

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:50:01 PM

This would be very unfortunate if CM really exited on everyone, as we are a new promising project and CoinsMarkets is currently our first and only exchange. I hope that early investors, and bounty hunters are not losing their Shekel SKL. Anyways, everyone have a blessed day and stay positive no matter what it looks like. Blessed be Smiley
MillieMillie111

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:08:03 AM

Totally gone now!!! No site!!!

Anyone with any info.

Have I just kissed good bye to 25k sterling?
DeKingCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:47:03 PM

Coinsmarkets said this:

"First let us explain what is coinsmarkets , we are based on 2 investor , 1 admin , 1 coder , 2 senior support and 4 general support .

In November last year 1 of senior support left the team , It is hard enough to hire a new one , this work is based on a lot of trust , so we still waiting for correct condidat .

Now let's move to the issue , in December we experienced a lot of new users and huge volume , we were ready for double or even triple volume but in our case it was 10x +.

From here all kind of problem start with servers ,

Now add to that the last senior support remaining have some family issue and was forced to be off  most of the time .

In addition to all that there was some db corruption issue we faced due to the overload and later hosting issue.

So a lot of work to do with a lot of missing stuff.

Please understand that in exchange you can't just go and hire someone and trust him millions of dollars .

We are sorry for lack of comunication about issue we have thought that people already trust us enough , and we invested 100% of time in restoring the site .

Now issue with hosting , hosting complained about a lot of fraud report from users about our service . We find this really hard to explain , it is clear that not even a single coin has moved from our wallets , and once again we are here to stay ,

We have not even released 10% of our road map , there is a lot of new future to be added in the nearest future.

A week ago we started negoation with new host that can accept similar service , we initiated the move ,

The Database was fixed yesterday night .

Now remain to setup new servers , few fix here and there and service will be restored ,

We write our news only in coinsmarkets news section , any twitter , chat msg etc is a scam ,

Again Official Coinsmarkets message are written only in coinsmarkets news section ."

This is what they posted but I am doubting this news. They may be the second CoinGather. Now their website is no longer opening. It will display address not found.
Kaniel-ouots

Activity: 125
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:51:22 PM

i think they just need to upgrade there servers
StarKay

Activity: 756
Merit: 16

We All Can Make It

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:26:59 AM

When I tried to access their website today, the response I got was 'This site can't be reached'. It will be hurtful if it goes down this way.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
ariewayq

Activity: 135

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:44:22 AM

then how, do we just wait and be patient...........  Huh
as we know, this is money business.
but legal entities and protection for customers do not exist. Many customers and capital owners are disappointed, in addition to money, time is also wasted.
Santuu87

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:30:42 AM

I think it is a scam, admin take profit from christmas crypto fever.
At least, a "sorry" index page could be better than error page....
hppcoin
Copper Member

Activity: 258
Merit: 11

hppcoin : Egalitarian High Performance Computing

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 08:37:32 PM

What a waste !

wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 12:00:35 PM

There is hundreds of exchanges like coinsmarkets so be careful when choosing one. Do your research and if you are suspicious just don't use it.

SastraID

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 05:46:16 PM

i have some coins there, i really hope they just upgrade and will back soon
i feel upset, confuse and grrrrr
i have 0.1+ BTC there, small for other but very huge for me  Cry

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: