Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:20:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your opinion on my plan to diversify a little  (Read 82 times)
gangsta_paradise (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:41:17 PM

Hi

I've only recently got into crypto, but during the dip in the last few days I purchased 1 bitcoin and 6 ethereum.

I don't plan to day trade and just plan on holding for the foreseeable future, probably >5 years (crossing fingers crypto is still here) as I only put in money I'm sure I don't need.

I want to diversify, but not much. I was thinking of holding 5 different coins in total, so I want to get your opinion on the following:

Keep the 1 bitcoin, keep 4 ethereum and put 2 ethereum into more risky but potentially more rewarding coins:

1 BTC
4 ETH
1 ETH of XRP
0.5 ETH of WAVES
0.5 ETH of ONION

What would you do?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gabz999

Activity: 266
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:14:27 PM

That's great portfolio sir! All of those you you've mention will give a lot profit when planning for 5 years.
Deeponion is a great coin, you can also join their staking when you are planing to hold also that coin, at least you will have an extra income of that coin.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:26:58 PM

Hi

I've only recently got into crypto, but during the dip in the last few days I purchased 1 bitcoin and 6 ethereum.

I don't plan to day trade and just plan on holding for the foreseeable future, probably >5 years (crossing fingers crypto is still here) as I only put in money I'm sure I don't need.

I want to diversify, but not much. I was thinking of holding 5 different coins in total, so I want to get your opinion on the following:

Keep the 1 bitcoin, keep 4 ethereum and put 2 ethereum into more risky but potentially more rewarding coins:

1 BTC
4 ETH
1 ETH of XRP
0.5 ETH of WAVES
0.5 ETH of ONION

What would you do?

Your current portfolio is looking great as green days are inbound for the entire altcoin market. Diversifying into more tokens will give you a lot more potential growth as you're essentially putting your eggs into different baskets with higher outreach. Since you're looking for a long term holding plan, the choices are cut out as the ones you've made look good enough for the coming years, especially the likes of Waves and Onion. Furthermore, I would give you bonus points if you decided to divest a bit more of the remaining 2 ETH into potentially good buys like NEM or Stratis.
fipper

Activity: 383
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:34:57 PM

Hi

1 BTC
4 ETH
1 ETH of XRP
0.5 ETH of WAVES
0.5 ETH of ONION

What would you do?
it's a great portfolio for you. but if I will not be able to do so because money capital is not enough. I can only afford to buy 1 btc and some eth coins as an investment. the benchmark of the coin is btc or eth which is good for investment.
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:38:25 PM

I think you plan sounds great and although I like to day trade, I actually have some long term positions, and I usually try to diversify them as well. I don't think holding a lot of them is good though, because in the end it's still all crypto, so don't forget that you can diversify outside crypto as well.

You should be the one gathering information, since we will all probably say something different to you. I would switch your ripple to stellar, because the point of crypto is usually decentralization, and ripple fails there. Stellar is a better middle term, since it has good partners and it's more decentralized than ripple. It also has more potencial, since it can even try to compete with Ether, since it can work as a platform for ICOs as well, and some are already choosing them over ether.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: