Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:18:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CENSORSHIP] Matthew N. Wright  (Read 16355 times)
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 02:17:09 PM

This is complete and utter bullshit and just paints all you mods who are trying to White Knight for Theymos as scummy sycophants. You can't ban someone for trolling and leave Crumbs to post.

Crumbs is cute.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 03:04:57 PM

Matthew N. Wright's problem is that he's not a brony.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 09:34:50 AM

I don't know why anyone is surprised by this though. This is just libertarians showing their true colours. What part of money = power do people not understand about that horrible philosophy?

As an Anarchist leaning Libertarian I resent that, if people would come over to my website to chat I'd probably never ban them unless they were just copy/paste spamming or posting virus' Cheesy this is why ignore/block functions exist, I don't know why an admin would need to resort to banning if they already have the right functions in place. You often even see people in games and stuff ranting about someone that's pissing them off while completely failing to notice they have a perfectly good block function available, facebook is a classic example because it's even devolved to people bitching to newspapers about it which is pathetic.

To be fair though, this is exactly why I would rather be an honest person without any morals than a corrupt hypocrite with morals.
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 09:49:04 AM

troll checking in here. swooping down from reddit (or is it up). first login since this forum got took for another cosbycoin ride.

this place is toxic and it's funny that the mnw show continues.

Hi jcpham, sup?

Ontopic:
I am still thinking that if MNW really got banned for trolling, many more should've been banned too. And perma(?)banned for trolling, really? Please just tell us it was personal reasons as it looks like it was. If it wasn't for personal reasons, tell us the real reason.

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 12:34:16 AM

There is a difference between trolling and being abusive/destructive.

It is a very fine line and I'm glad I'm not the judge here, I don't know what I would do. But I will say in my opinion, Matthew N. Wright, the psychopathic repetitive scammer gone, makes the BTC world a better place. He has done far more harm than good to this community.

That being said I think everyone should be able to speak their minds as long as they do not harm others. Editing the results of a poll to make it look like people voted for something they did not really vote for, in my mind seems counterproductive and goes against the values of free speech.

Could the forum hire a mod just to follow him around and keep him from scamming and being abusive? It sure could. But the real question is, should it?

This is borderline libel/slander.  I trust MNW more than 99% of people on this forum because of his actions.

Dude makes a foolish bet causing himself to owe others tens of thousands of dollars that he was never prepared to pay...and to this day he is still honoring his debt.

MNW has more balls than you'll ever have.  And I follow your posts rather closely, fyi.  I have for some time.
Kouye (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 01:14:30 AM

Editing the results of a poll to make it look like people voted for something they did not really vote for, in my mind seems counterproductive and goes against the values of free speech.

Or it just points out you're using a broken, untrustworthy, tool as a decision maker.
From what I read, MNW has been doing his share to promote BTC. What can you brag about? Posting pictures of you and Josh having fun? Grin

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 02:03:38 AM

There is a difference between trolling and being abusive/destructive.

It is a very fine line and I'm glad I'm not the judge here, I don't know what I would do. But I will say in my opinion, Matthew N. Wright, the psychopathic repetitive scammer gone, makes the BTC world a better place. He has done far more harm than good to this community.

That being said I think everyone should be able to speak their minds as long as they do not harm others. Editing the results of a poll to make it look like people voted for something they did not really vote for, in my mind seems counterproductive and goes against the values of free speech.

Could the forum hire a mod just to follow him around and keep him from scamming and being abusive? It sure could. But the real question is, should it?

This is borderline libel/slander.  I trust MNW more than 99% of people on this forum because of his actions.

Dude makes a foolish bet causing himself to owe others tens of thousands of dollars that he was never prepared to pay...and to this day he is still honoring his debt.

MNW has more balls than you'll ever have.  And I follow your posts rather closely, fyi.  I have for some time.

What part of it was slander?  Psychopath part? Okay, Fine I'm not a Dr... He might not really be a psychopath.

His "joke" that cost people a shit load of bitcoin while he helped pirate get rid of his debt at a much higher than maker price is not even what I'm talking about when I said he was a scammer. The guy has been tagged more than once and been involved in all sorts of dirty shit and scams.

Also honoring his debt? Admitting he had a debt was a deal he made with theymos to get his scammer tag off. Has he paid anything since then? Lol. You are a funny guy. He owes shit loads and is not making payments.

Yes.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 10:25:01 PM

This is complete and utter bullshit and just paints all you mods who are trying to White Knight for Theymos as scummy sycophants. You can't ban someone for trolling and leave Crumbs to post. That proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the ban is not for trolling, which makes the ban for personal reasons.
Since I was the one to initially put in the request, I feel that I can disclose this. Crumbs has already been temp banned in the past and is currently on the chopping block for a permanent ban.

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:06:49 AM

This is complete and utter bullshit and just paints all you mods who are trying to White Knight for Theymos as scummy sycophants. You can't ban someone for trolling and leave Crumbs to post. That proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the ban is not for trolling, which makes the ban for personal reasons.
Since I was the one to initially put in the request, I feel that I can disclose this. Crumbs has already been temp banned in the past and is currently on the chopping block for a permanent ban.

So everyone you have an issue with your just going to temp ban and then permanent ban... If the person doesn't do anything that is illegal, why do you have to ban at all? It just shows you are not doing a good job in moderating if you just ban people. Let the community decided with the ignore button if they want someone to be ban someone from their view. It is funny how a forum about software that frees you so much, yet this is becoming like so strict to be here. I just can't wait until the day I come here and I have to pay to view the forum. I know it is coming, bitcoin foundation is bleeding into this forum.

Also I think if Matthew N. Wright is banned for scams, when is TF going to get the ban? Alright he is Theymos' buddy that is why.

This whole forum is a joke, if it wasn't for the 70K+ members and the deep pockets of some people I would have leave along time ago.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:09:57 AM

If the person doesn't do anything that is illegal, why do you have to ban at all?
Because they are disrupting topics. Even if you have someone on ignore, enough people reply to them that you will either need to ignore those people or put up with it. Those are the people that we ban. As long as you aren't disruptive, we probably won't bother.

Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:25:23 AM

I'm so glad the asshole site admins kept marking Tradefortress as positive trust.  You guys did a great job of befriending him while banishing matthew for speaking out.

Site admins are completely irresponsible (and hoarding millions of $ in user donations).

clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:30:28 AM

I'm so glad the asshole site admins kept marking Tradefortress as positive trust.  You guys did a great job of befriending him while banishing matthew for speaking out.

Site admins are completely irresponsible (and hoarding millions of $ in user donations).

clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap

Hey Matthew, you're back! Yipeeeee

Viceroy

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:33:48 AM

I'm not Matthew, dumbass.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:37:10 AM

If you aren't happy, you are welcome to leave  Smiley
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:38:34 AM

I'm not Matthew, dumbass.

That's exactly what I would expect Matthew to say. lol

Viceroy

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:40:19 AM

Then you don't know Matthew.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:42:04 AM

Well, not as well as you do obviously. I've missed you and Atlas more than you could imagine sweetie.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:44:00 AM

Well, not as well as you do obviously. I've missed you and Atlas more than you could imagine sweetie.

Bruce?

Oh damn! I'm outed.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:45:59 AM

Bruce?

Oh damn! I'm outed.

The sweetie part was the tip Wink

Kiss

Viceroy

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:49:27 AM

I'm so glad the asshole site admins kept marking Tradefortress as positive trust.  You guys did a great job of befriending him while banishing matthew for speaking out.

If you aren't happy, you are welcome to leave  Smiley

You know, salt lick, I'm not a staff member and the fact that you are and that you stood by while theymos "trusted" Tradefortress is enlightening and one of many reasons you should be embarassed to wear that "staff" emblem.  If anyone's leaving would serve the community it's you and the other staff/admins who should go.  

I am not the person doing a CRIMINAL dis-service to this community.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: