Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:53:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's after Ethereum?  (Read 498 times)
elmousss (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:29:06 AM

Hey guys,
I have a question that i guess most of you are asking. What's after Ethereum?

I mean, back in the day we had MIRC, ICQ, Hi5, MSN messenger...etc and then came Facebook.
Yahoo to be wiped over by google, Apple and Samsung wiping Nokia.. you get the drift.

A platform where everything maybe in 10 years will be built upon. Ethereum will be there but it'll be the ancestor of Dapps blockchain platforms.

What do you think will be next big thing? (Too bad we don't have a time machine!)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whoisyourking

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:43:15 AM

Hey guys,

I mean, back in the day we had MIRC, ICQ, Hi5, MSN messenger...etc and then came Facebook.
Yahoo to be wiped over by google, Apple and Samsung wiping Nokia.. you get the drift.

A platform where everything maybe in 10 years will be built upon. Ethereum will be there but it'll be the ancestor of Dapps blockchain platforms.

What do you think will be next big thing? (Too bad we don't have a time machine!)

there are so many potential coins that maybe will over run the biggest coin today they have their specific specs and uses  so if the coin is decentralized it will line under the bitcoin division. like for your example yahoo search over run by google search but it took years and years before that happened. too bad you if you have time machine you will use it too see what is going to become next big thing  maybe you can use it to buy more enough bitcoin from the past too support your future..       
frendzona

Activity: 324
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:49:02 AM

Hey guys,

there are so many potential coins that maybe will over run the biggest coin today they have their specific specs and uses  so if the coin is decentralized it will line under the bitcoin division. like for your example yahoo search over run by google search but it took years and years before that happened. too bad you if you have time machine you will use it too see what is going to become next big thing  maybe you can use it to buy more enough bitcoin from the past too support your future..       
Maybe it's not years. The ether network is not ready for heavy loads. Already there are similar platforms.
martincic

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:52:10 AM

EOS!
blue_id69

Activity: 266
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:53:06 AM

Let the time answer it mate, i just hope there will be coin with cheap fee and fast transaction also good project happend behind that coin. Bitcoin is nice investment but expensive fee and long transaction time make ethereum chosen over it. and now eth it self look like having bunch of pending transaction and fee slowly icrease. so i hope outthere a coin with a great price but have cheap fee and fast transaction ( to good to be true, but daydreaming its fine tho)
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:57:18 AM

That would really be a difficult one to answer at this point in time. Take a look at the market and see lots of coin trying to compete for the same spot and trying to give so many reasons why they can do better. No one can see the future and even before Apple and Samsung wiped out Nokia, no one saw it before it happened. I am sure a lot of projects and company, which in this case includes Ethereum have learned not to ever stay in their comfort zones and do everything possible to stay on top because that itself is an edge. If peradventure, Ethereum gets thrown from the spot, no one can state at this point which of the coin, or maybe a new coin that is not even out yet will take that spot.
elmousss (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:59:31 AM

Hey guys,

Maybe it's not years. The ether network is not ready for heavy loads. Already there are similar platforms.

What do you think will dominate? Perhaps something no one heard of it? As ironic as it sounds i think the NEO train is leaving already. Maybe NXT? How about UBIQ? EOS sounds interesting but it is not independent - if i understood correctly - It's an ERC20 built upon Ethereum. Maybe Qtum? or maybe something else that's being developed now as we speak and no one heard of it yet? Anything on mind?
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:03:27 AM

I think with so many tokens and services eth network is already providing it will be hard to replace them, they have the most number of active developers working to make it even better and introduce new features, i think eth will be there, it will even grow stronger.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
trrr3

Activity: 65

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:05:30 AM

ZRX, EOS
elmousss (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:13:54 AM

Don't get me wrong - I'm investing in Ethereum and most of the top 20 coins by marketcap because from a business development standpoint; cryptos and blockchain as a concept is still in the very early stages of unleashing its full potential. The average Joe in the supermarket wouldn't know the difference between ADA and NEO for example. he will maybe recognizes Bitcoin.
But; back in the day when Ethereum launched; only the early adopters who had a vision are reaping the fruit of their investment today in millions if not billions. same thing with bitcoin back in 09 or 10.

I was busy with Forex trading back in 09 and completely missed the bitcoin train. :S

Nowadays as everyone is busy with Ethereum, Altcoins, ICOs...etc; I think something else is being brewed that will overtake everything in 5 or 7 years. It's the cycle of evolution and i'm just wondering what is it?

Anyone has ideas?
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:18:04 AM

A competitor would be Cardano. And a nice addition to Ethereum network would be ZRX.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
Latrix

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:36:25 AM

I dont see any altcoins will be as good as Ethereum. lets hope this year will have a coin as good as ethereum appear!
rahleurfan

Activity: 232

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:43:30 AM

Just to name a few: EOS (they are already ahead ot roadmap), Tezos (in case they manage to solve internal problems), NEO (we will see a lot of ICO on this platform in near future, plus they will become a huge player on a Chinese market). Also the next big thing can be a platform which is capable of connecting different blockchains e.g. ICON.
newethereum

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:44:49 AM

Hey guys,

Safe to say that there will probably be many more chains, both related and unrelated to Ethereum. They can each learn from one another. Still unclear what will completely dominate or deprecate.

My two pence.
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:46:54 AM

if you know the Credits Blockchain project that is currently being held ICO, maybe you will be interested in the features of the feature offered.
Credits Blockchain also has Smart Contract with a more complete service than Ethereum
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:47:55 AM

I think it is difficult to predict what will come after ethereum because ethereum, blockchain is still very new. The que is what ethereum will bring next??
sufferer123

Activity: 574
Merit: 55

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 08:49:13 AM
Merited by o.ogurlu (1)

In cyrpto, Waves will be next big! I think that with the establishment of a smart contract structure, Waves will soon be among the elders.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 08:54:21 AM

maybe the closer to the etherum is cardona. so far I have never really learned about cardona. but I've read in an article, that cardona will be an etherum competitor.
K0korap

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 08:56:52 AM

There's too many altcoins out there that may take the lead and be the "next ETH." Its still a question on which coin will be more profitable and at the same time be able to provide reasonable fees for every transactions.

shiningstar

Activity: 420

Qravity is a decentralized content production

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:57:18 AM

Maybe eos because i've read that people call it ethereum killer. I don't own it yet and haven't read into it so i don't know what it's going to do but there's a lot of other smart contract platform like neo, universa, etc. The one that makes it better and do their marketing right will certainly be the next ethereum.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: