Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:08:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is ICO ?  (Read 526 times)
Babyfaceless

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:42:40 AM

ICO  is the way for coins to raise funding for their projects by setting target of the funds they can raise (soft and hardcap). It is also a way for coins to have an initial feel and knows the reception of their coins in the market.
klebsiella

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:47:40 AM

ICO or Initial Coin Offering is one way a company raise money or capital for their project. They sell or offer investors some units of their new cryptocurrency or token at a discount in exchange for Bitcoin, Ethereum or fiat. This is often used to fund the development of new cryptocurrency. If that cryptocurrency succeeds, investors will make a profit. If the ICO goal is met, the project launches and the token will become functional units of currency.

CORNUCOPIA    || Gain Access to Amazing IPOs || [ Pre-Ico 2018 ]

Whitepaper    Facebook TwitterTelegram
crestella

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:02:01 AM

What is ICO? ICO is a token or coin prize project which is obtained free of charge after we follow and execute his orders made by certain parties to promote his business.
Cardan0

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:26:55 PM

ICO is a place to make money in the modern era, because we only invest in ICO and wait until ICO we invest in exchange and the price increases and we sell to get a big profit, compared we invest in elsewhere.
ICO stands for Initial Coin Offering. It means that if we will invest in public for the first time, it offers us to buy a coin to change it for funds. It means someone offers investors some unit of new cryptocurrency or crypto-token for in exchange against cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or an Ethereum. They sell their crypto for an exchange of ethereum or bitcoin.

Technically, it can be in exchange for anything, as you can send fiat to many of the ICOs. I would only use ether because at least you have a smart contract.
Denlv

Activity: 350
Merit: 39

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:33:12 PM

Hi!Ico is when project comes out and they need money for growing they whole idea,project and pay to exchanges whr they need to distribute tokens,but now loot of icos is scam but in near future i think this problem need to get away with  legal permission system.

altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 02:07:15 PM

Pretty new to cryptos, and I have bought ADA,XRP and NEO...

Reading a lot about ICO's but cannot really figure out what ICO's are...

Any anyone explain me the fundamentals ?

ICO means initial coin offering by which, a new company launch its project for purchase for their coins at a price fixed by a company.Companies offers some special bonuses to their investors in pre ICO.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
SW33T

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:15:25 PM

I'm also new to this. I just read somewhere that ICO is when a cryptocurrency startup firm wants to raise money through this, it usually creates a plan on a whitepaper which states what the project is about, what need(s) the project will fulfill upon completion, how much money is needed to undertake the venture, how much of the virtual tokens the pioneers of the project will keep for themselves, what type of money is accepted, and how long the ICO campaign will run for. The fundamentals are pretty much about this. I hope this helps!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: