Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:49:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How did you learn about Bitcoins and this site?
Word of mouth - 2 (6.5%)
National news article - 4 (12.9%)
Underground news article - 2 (6.5%)
Stumbled upon by browsing - 10 (32.3%)
Heard about it before, just curious - 3 (9.7%)
Another alt coin caught my eye - 1 (3.2%)
Liza Minnelli, Joel Grey Video - 1 (3.2%)
None of the above - please specify - 8 (25.8%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What brings you here?  (Read 1592 times)
JazzJackRabbit

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:45:01 PM

What brings me here?

The fact that I want to get in on the Block Erupters group buy and I can't send PM or post anywhere until I made a "meaningful" post that is several sentences long. So here's my meaningful post. Full of sentences. Very meaningful sentences. I hope this post lives until the end of eternity. And it probably will somewhere deep in the NSA warehouse...

So hi everybody?
Kruncha (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:51:41 PM

What brings me here?

The fact that I want to get in on the Block Erupters group buy and I can't send PM or post anywhere until I made a "meaningful" post that is several sentences long. So here's my meaningful post. Full of sentences. Very meaningful sentences. I hope this post lives until the end of eternity. And it probably will somewhere deep in the NSA warehouse...

So hi everybody?

Unfortunately, long sentences will not get you out sooner.

You can post in the 'get out quick' thread if you think you can't wait any longer.

K.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 10:28:01 PM

I used to trade forex which brought me to zerohedge... there I heard of bitcoins the first time, maybe 3 years ago... I followed max keisers show on RT since episode 1, which kept me updated about bitcoins.
Now that the silver/gold mania has somehow cooled off a little, I put more focus on bitcoin, altcoins and especially namecoins, whose DNS-functionality sounds extremely intriguing.
I see a lot of cool stuff announced and discussed in this forum, and I wonder why I am not yet registered and participating... therefore.. here I am.

JazzJackRabbit

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:12:18 PM

What brings me here?

So hi everybody?

You can post in the 'get out quick' thread if you think you can't wait any longer.

K.

Really? All I need is to send a PM and everywhere I read it said I only need one post and 4 hours of logged in time to be able to send PMs (5 posts and 4 hours to post in different forums). Is this not true? Do I need more than 1 post to be able to send PMs?
Kruncha (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:05:04 AM

What brings me here?

So hi everybody?

K.

Really? All I need is to send a PM and everywhere I read it said I only need one post and 4 hours of logged in time to be able to send PMs (5 posts and 4 hours to post in different forums). Is this not true? Do I need more than 1 post to be able to send PMs?

Nope, your right - just 1 post for PM.

K.
huawhu

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:27:54 PM

Tax evasion.

Nah jk Wink I found it through a newspaper that was talking about tor and bitcoin, and given the massive surveillance coverage in the media I thought it would be prudent to learn how to keep my privacy. Plus I'm pretty neo libertarian-minded, though I've just recently learned there was a word for it..

Freezer

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 11:20:43 AM

About 3 months ago i heard about bitcoin for the first time from a friend of mine.
After that i started to follow some news about it and gradually got more interested.
When i saw recently that Dice site being sold for 11 mln $, it really got my attention.
I think that when there are parties who see that kind of potential in services for this currency,
It will be a real boost for the mainstream market to get more involved.

When that happens, this digital currency stuff is here to stay and i want to be a part of it.
kobul80

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 11:31:37 AM

So, what brings me here? The fact that I want to get in on the Block Erupters group buy and I can't send PM. I'm reading bitcoin talk for several months, but until now I don't need to reply to something or PM someone. This is the first time - so hopefully this post is good enough ;-) Happy bitcoining to everyone!
WikileaksDude

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:07:32 PM

today im dedicating my time helping here at the newbie section lol
Kiwi7

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:16:09 PM

Read about bitcoin somewhere. I thought it's a very good idea.
Kruncha (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 09:31:31 PM

today im dedicating my time helping here at the newbie section lol

Well, that's nice and good. But, my point was not what brought you to the newbie section, lol. But, what brought you here fist of all.

...I'm guessing you knew that, and are just messing Smiley

K.
xkeyscore89

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:50:37 AM

sold an account and browsing for investments
jdany

Merit: 500

Inspired