Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:47:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Block chain?  (Read 257 times)
Sahalalvi (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:22:52 PM

What is block chain?
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CrypticGambit

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:25:33 PM

What is block chain?

Hi there I think that you are new:

A blockchain, originally block chain, is a continuously growing list of records, called blocks, which are linked and secured using cryptography.Each block typically contains a hash pointer as a link to a previous block, a timestamp and transaction data. By design, blockchains are inherently resistant to modification of the data. It is "an open, distributed ledger that can record transactions between two parties efficiently and in a verifiable and permanent way". For use as a distributed ledger, a blockchain is typically managed by a peer-to-peer network collectively adhering to a protocol for validating new blocks. Once recorded, the data in any given block cannot be altered retroactively without the alteration of all subsequent blocks, which requires collusion of the network majority.

bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:26:24 PM

What is block chain?
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Block_chain

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:29:58 PM

This is a “block chain”:

This is a “blockchain”:

ekolet

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:30:54 PM

Try youtube.
Satish147

Activity: 420

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 02:35:01 PM

Blockchain means decentralised ledger record where there will not be any centralized authority to moniter or to rule like our central Governments and companies which are operating right now.

This is hack proof and most secured due to underlying technology of cryptography

digdig

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:15:55 PM

Blockchain is a very new technology. I explain to you is sure to be long and hard. I think you should find information online for full and accurate updates.
Roland Black

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:33:06 PM

BLOCKCHAINis the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we are using new technology to build a radically better financial system. Our software has powered over 100M transactions and empowered users in 140 countries across the globe to transact quickly and without costly intermediaries. We also offer tools for developers and real time transaction data for users to analyze the burgeoning digital economy.
chocopie999

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:37:20 PM

Blockchain is a mechanism for the sequential development of logs (or blocks) that are interconnected and secured by encryption. Each log block will contain a hash code that reflects the data of the block before it, so that blockchain becomes a secure technology.

To visualize a blockchain like an accounting diary in digital, it is possible to actually execute transactions between two partners effectively. Blockchain is resistant to data changes when a blockchain chain is managed by a decentralized network, and when data has been written to a block it can not be changed without making a change. adjacent blocks. In other words, any data change requires the consent of the majority of the network.
Stusha

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:08:05 PM

Despite its apparent complexity, a blockchain is just another type of database for recording transactions - one that is copied to all of the computers in a participating network.
SevenSign

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:05:24 PM

...wow, so awesome... tnx for the great platforms uv share... no words to say...

U r so great to share this...
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:37:36 PM

blockchain is a new technology that is going to revolutionize payments, businesses, services and will help automate thousands of processes in an efficient and transparent manner, so blockchain is a game changer technology.

Lwtelencio

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:56:43 PM

What is block chain?

Hi there I think that you are new:

A blockchain, originally block chain, is a continuously growing list of records, called blocks, which are linked and secured using cryptography.Each block typically contains a hash pointer as a link to a previous block, a timestamp and transaction data. By design, blockchains are inherently resistant to modification of the data. It is "an open, distributed ledger that can record transactions between two parties efficiently and in a verifiable and permanent way". For use as a distributed ledger, a blockchain is typically managed by a peer-to-peer network collectively adhering to a protocol for validating new blocks. Once recorded, the data in any given block cannot be altered retroactively without the alteration of all subsequent blocks, which requires collusion of the network majority.

Hi i am also a newbie here.
Samething i want to know what is blockchain, now my question had already an answer after i read these, thank you for this detail and explanation it was very appreciated to me as a new member.
Water_Crane1234

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:11:08 AM

A Blockchain is a digital ledger in which transactions made in a cryptocurrency are recorded chronologically and publicly. It elliminates the need for a thrird party such as a bank to process transactions  and is much more secure because of the use of Cryptography when processing these transactions.
Creation-arts.com

Activity: 114

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 09:29:42 AM

A Blockchain is a digital ledger in which transactions made in a cryptocurrency are recorded chronologically and publicly. It elliminates the need for a thrird party such as a bank to process transactions  and is much more secure because of the use of Cryptography when processing these transactions.

It's the future!  Grin
Nataly76

Activity: 91

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 09:48:22 AM

a blockchain is a database that is stored on multiple computers at the same time. New blocks in this chain-base are created all the time.  Each newly created block contains a group of recently accumulated and ordered records (transactions), as well as a header. When a block is formed, it is checked by other network members and then, if everyone agrees, connected to the end of the chain.
nahotachikwem

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:53:42 AM

Block chain is the backbone of a new type of internet. The blockchain is an incorruptible digital ledger of economic transactions that can be programmed to record not just financial transactions but virtually everything of value.
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:55:42 PM

You can know everything you want about block chain in this link https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/blockchain.asp
aiannejacob

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:59:37 AM

i am also newbie here. Your pictorial diagram is easy to understand. I helps me alot. Thnz
justin86

Activity: 406

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:23:07 AM

Block chain is the backbone of a new type of internet. The blockchain is an incorruptible digital ledger of economic transactions that can be programmed to record not just financial transactions but virtually everything of value.

I think that is not the definition of block-chain or this technology, we don't know if it will be backbone of new internet or replace existing technology but it has potential.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: