Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 114 times)
CriminologyProf (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:37:43 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2018, 08:37:14 AM by CriminologyProf

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:56:16 PM

So, on an extremely lucky whim a few months ago, I put all of my altcoin holdings into XVG, which resulted in a nearly $6K profit in a short time. I cashed out $1K as a personal reward and kept the rest on the exchange.

In the past I've only had a few hundred USD on exchanges to play around with for trading, but now that I have over $5K, I'm feeling more serious with my long-term holding options. So, with my profits, here are my current Altcoin holdings that I hope to be my long-term 2018 portfolio.

101 OMG
10,001 XVG
101 ENG
221 IOT

(Yeah I have a wierd OCD thing with numbers ending in 1.)

What are your thoughts on my decisions? Is there anything you'd recommend changing? What do you think is the likelihood of this portfolio reaching a value of $95K, which is the magic number that pays off my student loans Wink
You should get the coins out as soon as you can. Most people that keep their money inside of a trade end up losing what they've made.
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:02:08 PM

I would add some Zclassic to your portfolio if you believe in the Bitcoin Private fork taking off.  At the very least a chance to make some additional money back when it does fork and you can sell off if you choose to.

https://theminerhub.com/news/bitcoin-private-fork-what-you-should-know/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: