Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:23:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie with S7 - Guidance for any tweeks to run more efficiently  (Read 91 times)
najeebs (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:39:59 PM

Dear Members ,

I would like to first convey my appreciation to all the members of this forum because of whom I have learned so much in the last couple of weeks. A Big cheers to you all.

I recently got my first antminer S7 from a supplier in China and I am pretty happy with it hashing away at the moment ( fingers crossed ) without any issues. I do have some questions and would really appreciate any help and guidance I can get from you all.

1) All boards are Running without any ( x ) or (-) but board Number 1 Seems to be running a bit hotter than the other two. ( Screenshot Attached )
What could be the reason and is this normal, how should I fix it.?

2) As my Antminer is a Used Unit, batch number sticker is worn off  ( as reading in the forums I have realized that batch numbers are important when looking at particular problems ) how can I confirm the batch of my miner.?

3) When I pulled the Hashboards out to clean them they indicated a frequency of 525M  , the miner was already set at 550M , i have tried to play around with the Frequency and made it 575M with only a 4-degree temperature increase on the hottest board. right now working at 70/ 73Degress  is it safe to operate it on a higher frequency as i am thinking it might be a problem with the temp sensor on the hottest board as both other boards are showing a stable temp of 48, or could it be vice versa ..

4) is my firmware upto date and do i need to pay attention to anything from the pictures i have posted .

5) Kernel log seems to be empty , i remember seeing some data in it a couple of days ago, is that something to worry about.

https://imgur.com/a/r5EeN

Best Regards,
najeeb.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: