Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:52:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should individuals, some of which want to kill millions of people for not believing in their religion, have the right to build weapons of mass destruction and global deployment and targeting systems?
Complete anarchy of weapons of mass destruction - 13 (30.2%)
Only governments should have weapons of mass destruction - 2 (4.7%)
Only decentralized democracy (like Bitcoin is decentralized) and majority agreement should control weapons of mass destruction - 5 (11.6%)
There should be no weapons of mass destruction ever allowed - 17 (39.5%)
Only the political party or group I advocate should have control of weapons of mass destruction - 6 (14%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should individuals have the right to build weapons of mass destruction?  (Read 5124 times)
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 11:59:16 PM

The issue though is all it takes is one crazy person to fuck up the entire globe...

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 12:11:54 AM

The issue though is all it takes is one crazy person to fuck up the entire globe...

You know people live in Hiroshima and Nagasaki still, right?

Takes more than one or two stray nukes to fuck up the whole planet.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 12:18:48 AM

I was thinking of the big ones that can single-handedly trigger a nuclear winter or at the very least disrupt climate patterns in a global scale

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 12:48:05 AM

I was thinking of the big ones that can single-handedly trigger a nuclear winter or at the very least disrupt climate patterns in a global scale

Now, those... Those need watching.

That said, that much fissionable material doesn't get bought without somebody noticing, And I think we can trust the people who produce nuclear materials to be relatively concerned with the continuation of the planet.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
MatthewLM
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 01:16:05 AM

But seriously, you don't want people making nukes in their back yard. You especially want to stop terrorist groups making them.
Anonymous

July 16, 2011, 01:17:02 AM

You can't stop terrorist groups from making them. You can only give terrorists a monopoly on them by saying everybody can't make nukes.
TheGer

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 03:02:20 AM

Can't stop Governments from giving them to Terrorists to False Flag someone either.  Oh wait, that never happens.

You can't stop terrorist groups from making them. You can only give terrorists a monopoly on them by saying everybody can't make nukes.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 03:27:44 AM

myrkul: statistics back me up. they say that half of the world is below average intelligence, which is a pretty fucking low bar as it is. retards shouldn't have nukes, it's as simple as that.

Retards can't build nukes. Your argument's moot.

Oh yeah? I bet Paris Hilton can afford to pay someone to build her a nuke, and then she holds the detonator. Retards can buy nukes.

As far as those still living in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, there are estimates that the residual effects of the two bombings are still responsible for about 10,000 deaths a year. Those bombs were teeny-tiny. And if one person uses another, then someone is retaliating...if it went off, it would go off to the point of obliterating human life.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 03:35:25 AM

if it went off, it would go off to the point of obliterating human life.

And if someone as dense as yourself can make that calculation, I'm sure Paris Hilton can figure it out.

RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 04:10:18 AM

And if someone as dense as yourself can make that calculation, I'm sure Paris Hilton can figure it out.

And that'll be your downfall...putting any faith in humanity to do 'the right' thing. We are power-hungry animals.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 04:14:05 AM

And that'll be your downfall...putting any faith in humanity to do 'the right' thing. We are power-hungry animals.

Won't be my downfall. I have no intention of selling nukes, much less to morons. Though if you'd like to see what I think will happen, Look back to that excerpt.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: