Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:35:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you ordered your HashFast Baby Jet yet?  (Read 4939 times)
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:07:57 AM

blow me, BTC only payments haha, maybe if it had paypal I would take a risk free gamble.

You guys do realize that PayPal will hold/cancel your account for anythng btc related that they catch wind of it?

PaTrolling?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 06:08:18 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2013, 06:19:12 AM by Ytterbium

b/c HF is going to be getting 400gh/s out of 1 chip vs. KNC needing 4 chips, right there, HF is going to have a significant production cost advantage.  so even if KNC does offer a MPP, the cost advantage will eventually grind them down.

That's not true. All that really matters is die size.  Whether you have 1 12x12mm chip, or 4 6x6mm chips, or 8 3x3mm chips, the amount of silicon used is the same.  In fact, it's actually slightly cheaper because you have less 'white space' around the edge of the wafer (remember, a wafer is a circular shape.  If you have a smaller chip, you use less of the wafer)

The other thing is the power draw.  More power in a die means more cooling and it becomes more difficult/complex.  Since KnC's chips are going to use less power per chip you can use a cheaper cooling system (in this case fans v.s. water cooling.)

It's possible HF's chip is actually more space efficient if they did a 'hand routed' design over a "standard cell" (which KnC used). If that's the case then production costs per chip may be lower.

However, all this talk about how HF's chip is soooo much more efficient then KnC's is a bit ridiculous. The package size doesn't tell you anything about the size of the chip. Unless you have insider information you have no way of knowing how efficient their chips are.

To be honest, it sounds kind of insane, total certainty about something you can't possibly know.  No one will know how big their die is until chips are released and someone actually cracks one open to get a look at the actual silicon.

Anyway, it doesn't even matter.  All that matters is what they charge for the chip.  If it costs HF $1/Gh/s and they sell it for $14, and it costs KnC $2/Gh/s and they sell it for $10, then KnC is a better deal .

Given HF's "miner protection plan" the chips must cost less then $2.8/Gh/s.

A lot of people seem really confused about the difference between the profits of the company making the chip and the profits of the actual customer.  Production cost won't make any difference at all until all the profits are wrung out and people are selling chips close to their production cost. (And by that time they'll be able to refine their design a couple of times as well)

Well staying back on topic, I just made an order for 12 Baby Jets with next day air. I hope to get them on time. I also have two ASIC SC Single pre-orders from 13 months ago from BFL. I hope to get them in 2 more weeks ™

Could end up like BFL 13 months later Wink

no way.

I think it's possible they might be on time, it really depends on the company that's putting together the actual boxes. It's going to be much more of a challenge for them then KnC. With the Miner protection plan it's an OK deal I guess. At this point I still think LABCOIN shares are the best deal at the moment.

gateway (OP)

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:12:04 AM

blow me, BTC only payments haha, maybe if it had paypal I would take a risk free gamble.

You guys do realize that PayPal will hold/cancel your account for anythng btc related that they catch wind of it?

Pahahahahahahahahaa

?
gateway (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:12:57 AM

PaTrolling?
?
carlotech

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:14:07 AM

i have enough stress on this pre-orders thing.  Cool Roll Eyes
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:48:50 PM

Pahahahahahahahahaa

?

What accounts are Paypal holding or cancelling for BTC related activity? Considering they've both become the payment processor for more than one Bitcoin related company, and have actively been looking at accepting BTC as a payment method themselves.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:39:04 PM

Pahahahahahahahahaa

?

What accounts are Paypal holding or cancelling for BTC related activity? Considering they've both become the payment processor for more than one Bitcoin related company, and have actively been looking at accepting BTC as a payment method themselves.

It happened to the company that built my gpu miners from back in 2011.

When paypal figured out they were selling bitcoin related stuff they stepped in and unilaterally canceled my order.

I'm actually very surprised that KNC had been allowed to push millions of USD'S thru paypal  like this. Makes me wonder what they've told them upfront.

Assuming the best that paypal knows what's going on, from Bitcoin's perspective as a payment system, this is fantastic news. It means that paypal has capitulated and has allowed their money grubbing selves to surface. Kudos to KNC for making that happen.

Otoh, if PayPal doesn't know what's going on, there indeed does exist the possibility of account freezing.

I'd put that at a very small risk at this point.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 01:45:43 PM

When paypal figured out they were selling bitcoin related stuff they stepped in and unilaterally canceled my order.

I'm actually very surprised that KNC had been allowed to push millions of USD'S thru paypal  like this. Makes me wonder what they've told them upfront.

Assuming the best that paypal knows what's going on, from Bitcoin's perspective as a payment system, this is fantastic news. It means that paypal has capitulated and has allowed their money grubbing selves to surface. Kudos to KNC for making that happen.

Otoh, if PayPal doesn't know what's going on, there indeed does exist the possibility of account freezing.

They've changed their policies. 

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:03:13 PM

in what way, officially?
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:35:22 PM

Anyone here still believe there will be positive ROI even if they manage to deliver on time?

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:03:38 PM

Anyone here still believe there will be positive ROI even if they manage to deliver on time?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272906.0
That is the idea behind the MPP.
gateway (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:09:00 PM

Just search for paypal on the forum also their is an extensive thread on reddit about some issues anyhow.
pmorici

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 05:28:25 PM

I believe that the less people there are who believe there will be a positive ROI the more likely there is to be one.  I think there is some chance of coming close to breaking even in 90 days and if not there is the Miner Protection Plan.  At this point in the game no company will ever sell an ASIC miner with a slam dunk ROI because everyone would buy one at which point no one would make an ROI.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 05:48:34 PM

Here's a fun Excel game:
1.  Collect the data on all the promised hashrate (hashrate already promised by all of the ASIC manufacturers1 for near-term delivery).
2.  Create a worksheet projecting the total hashrate added to the network @ promised time.
3.  Create a worksheet projecting difficulty @ time given 1 & 2.
4.  Huh
5.  Plausible difficulty projection.

1.  I'm tired of using quotes.  From now on, when i say "ASIC manufacturer," assume i mean "some guy on the interwebz who knows how to spell ASIC & promised to make a bunch of real good ones real soon in exchange for your monyz now."  In no way is the term used to suggest actual manufacture of ASICs. Just a figure of speech.  Now you know.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 05:54:05 PM

Just search for paypal on the forum also their is an extensive thread on reddit about some issues anyhow.

Yeah, it's only resale of Butterfly Labs pre-orders i.e. vaporware on eBay from scammy sellers. People win listings, get fed up of waiting over Paypal's 45 days and demand a refund. By which point the seller has withdrawn money from Paypal and run off, so his account gets closed and Paypal foot the bill. Buyer's on eBay are trigger happy and trust sellers. Like on this forum people buy stuff without reading up;

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1iyzkg/if_you_get_caught_selling_bitcoin_hardware_on/

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Kuroth

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 06:37:16 PM

Too Much $$$$  For these..

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:17:29 PM

How many fucking topics do we need for HashFast?
+1
jungle_dave

Activity: 200

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:38:01 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272906.0
That is the idea behind the MPP.

Depends on the price and demand for bitcoins. I would like to be an optimist as I have shares in HF and KnC equipment.
HF seems to me to be the only company addressing the ROI issue, maybe not perfectly but it looks like a step in the right direction and it would be nice to see other companies adopt similar policies.
If we have a difficulty of 250 million in December and BTC is trading at $300 (possible) then its profitable. Mining is a risk, if you don't like risk then don't mine.

Beans

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:40:14 AM

PaTrolling?

They froze mine for it.
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:22:56 AM

Not worth risks without guarantee on time delivery and credit cards payments option. No Pre Order and avoid pre order at all costs.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: