Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:00:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guns for sale  (Read 2899 times)
Distribution (OP)

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 09:39:01 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2011, 11:07:18 PM by Distribution

As I said in another thread, I'm going to offer up a couple firearms for sale. I'll post pictures and prices later but I want to gauge interest. Let me know if you want any of these:

Smith & Wesson Regulation police .38 S&W Nickel Plated

Springfield Loaded Micro-Compact 1911 (loaded package comes with a lightweight frame, adjustable trigger, match grade barrel, and night sights)

AR-15 (in pieces) (Bushmaster barrel with MEPRO front sight, flat top billet upper receiver, RRA lower with match trigger, Surefire M73 handguard, M16 Bolt carrier group) SOLD

Iver Johnson Sealed 8 Target .22 revolver

There are laws pertaining to the interstate transport of firearms which I intend to follow. This means that in order to get the gun, you will have to have it shipped to an FFL (dealer). They will run a background check (if you can't legally own a gun, don't try this because you will get arrested).

As I said, I'll get pictures up later so you can get a better idea of condition. I'm a trusted seller--look me up in the Honest Traders thread and take a look at my BiddingPond feedback.

EDIT: I may also consider parting out the AR. I will also meet face to face in central Florida.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 09:42:34 PM

Will you ship to Sweden?

Grin I kid. I kid. Good luck though, it's nice seeing new stuff getting sold here everyday.
Distribution (OP)

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 09:47:16 PM

Will you ship to Sweden?

Grin I kid. I kid. Good luck though, it's nice seeing new stuff getting sold here everyday.

Yeah, I'll ship there if you can ship me a Swiss mini gun. Supposedly they're not allowed to be imported into the US.

I'm surprised we haven't seen gun shops taking Bitcoin. As much as some people care about anonymity when purchasing firearms, this seems like it would be perfect. And as far as I know, this would be the first gun for Bitcoin exchange.
CydeWeys

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 10:03:21 PM

I'd definitely like to see pics of the S&W .38.
RyanWebber

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 11:05:07 PM

I'm intrigued. Wtb pictures though.

If I have been remotely useful feel free to donate:
1DgkA1S64CoVGu1q5JFSz4maRQJYw2dMC8
Distribution (OP)

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 11:32:09 PM

how do you know if you can legally own a gun?  I live in Louisiana.  I can buy your guns right?

Legally being able to own gun has everything to do with you, not with where the guns come from. You can't be a convicted felon or live in a state that doesn't allow you to have guns. Other than the laws of your state, you should know whether or not you're not able to own a gun.
kcmastrpc

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 11:36:54 PM

i'm interested in the 1911.. been looking for something compact to mount on my road bicycle... had some crazy guy a few weeks ago get out of his car and yell at me because i was on, "his road."

anyways, high-res CLEAR pics and you have yourself a buyer.

SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 11:50:24 PM

I'm in Canada.

I would like to buy a hand gun if you've got one for sale. PM Me the price and the info on how you plan on shipping it without it causing too much attention.

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC
atomictornado

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 12:13:21 AM

I'm in Canada.

I would like to buy a hand gun if you've got one for sale. PM Me the price and the info on how you plan on shipping it without it causing too much attention.

He made it pretty damn clear that he is doing everything by the books...

CydeWeys

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 12:21:13 AM

There are laws pertaining to the interstate transport of firearms which I intend to follow. This means that in order to get the gun, you will have to have it shipped to an FFL (dealer). They will run a background check (if you can't legally own a gun, don't try this because you will get arrested).

Well, what'll actually happen is that the call will come back from the background check that the FFL runs "Denied", and you won't be able to take possession of it.  A lot of people who come back "Denied" don't know beforehand that it's going to happen (the system has lots of bad records in it, very few people actually know their full legal status), and they certainly don't charge people with felonies when it happens.
Distribution (OP)

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 02:15:43 AM

I will be posting pictures tomorrow. My SLR is broken and my point and shoot is erasing all the details with the flash, so I need to take pictures in the daytime. I'll post prices then also.

@SmokeAndMirrors

If you can figure out a way to legally get them into Canada, I'd be up for it.
horrorshow

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 02:51:17 AM

A lot of people who come back "Denied" don't know beforehand that it's going to happen (the system has lots of bad records in it, very few people actually know their full legal status), and they certainly don't charge people with felonies when it happens.

I'd imagine people would be quite well aware whether they've ever been convicted of something or aren't eligible to buy a gun.
Keninishna

Activity: 556

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 05:06:38 AM

how much for the ar15?
SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 12:34:23 PM

I'm in Canada.

He made it pretty damn clear that he is doing everything by the books...

What does this have absolutely anything to do with? You monkey.

I'm not too sure how strict the laws are regarding guns as I've only got one. It was given to me so obviously I don't have a license. I will get back to you.

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC
CydeWeys

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 06:09:27 PM

A lot of people who come back "Denied" don't know beforehand that it's going to happen (the system has lots of bad records in it, very few people actually know their full legal status), and they certainly don't charge people with felonies when it happens.

I'd imagine people would be quite well aware whether they've ever been convicted of something or aren't eligible to buy a gun.

You'd be surprised.  Cock-ups with the national instant background check service happen all the time.  You have to remember that a lot of the information it's getting is coming from hand-keyed records of old cases, from all 50 states, each of which uses (or used) a different format on its documents.  Someone enters the wrong code when entering an old case record, and boom, what was a misdemeanor now looks like a disqualifying felony in the system.  Or a notification of completion of the terms of probation gets lost in the mail, and boom, someone is stuck indefinitely in the system as ineligible to buy a firearm even if the original charge was expunged a decade ago.

Unless you've never so much as gotten a traffic ticket in your life, you are in a court system for something somewhere, and the potential for mistakes is ever-present.  Have you really not heard dozens of horror stories about personal government records getting messed up?  I sure have!

Returning from my digression, I'm looking forward to the photos of the wares for sale.
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 06:39:07 PM

Springfield Loaded Micro-Compact 1911 (loaded package comes with a lightweight frame, adjustable trigger, match grade barrel, and night sights)
This is a pretty nice gun. My b/f has the EMP version of it, which is basically the same thing but in 9 mike mike (I learned that from Transformers 3 Tongue)

Mousepotato
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2011, 12:01:20 AM

Hmm... sent him a PM yesterday and have yet to hear back.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Distribution (OP)

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 12:20:20 AM

Hmm... sent him a PM yesterday and have yet to hear back.

I got it, I'm just waiting to post pictures and everything.
Distribution (OP)

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 01:02:40 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2011, 01:21:44 AM by Distribution

So, the 1911 everyone's interested in, I tried to picture it as clearly and honestly as possible. I did my best to show every scratch and wear mark:

I decided on a price of 60 BTC shipped. You're responsible for your FFL's transfer fee. Also, I didn't put the magazine in the picture, but you will get the factory mag that I got with it.

After handling the gun, I'm reluctant to sell it. With that said, I can't lower the price, because I'll probably end up regretting selling it, so I can't regret the price I get for it.
Distribution (OP)

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 01:57:02 AM

The Smith and Wesson Revolver (20 BTC)--it's got a tight action, good timing. Shows some wear marks though where the nickel has peeled off:

If you're looking for a classic gun (this particular one was made around 1929/30) with character, this is for you. You certainly won't feel bad about shooting this one.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: