Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:15:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto related domain names  (Read 714 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2432

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 10:12:38 AM

Namebio has just added a crypto category to their search, and this allows you to list many of the recently reported domain name sales with their prices.  To select the list, go to the Namebio's site by clicking this link - https://namebio.com/. Click on the search box ( you can leave it empty) and go to the advanced search parameters. Select the "other" category" and "crypto domains" in the sub-category. Then click the blue search box to list the results.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krigger

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:21:45 PM

So if I created the name to sell to someone other than the trademark owner then it is legal?

It's always "legal", but you have to be careful not to contravene trading laws when usin the name.

As a piece of advice, I would advise against registering a name with one specific customer in mind. It is better to go for names with a number of potential buyers. If there is only one buyer, you run the risk of being stuck with it if he says "no thanks".

But if the court decides that my intention was to sell to the trademark lawyer then I can be charged.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 01:32:28 PM

But if the court decides that my intention was to sell to the trademark lawyer then I can be charged.

It isn't really a court, it is the uniform domain name dispute resolution policy arbitrated by ICAAN. There is a link about it here.
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/policy-2012-02-25-en

"Passing off" is the common law action that a trademark holder can take, and this can result in the award of damages. Wikipedia has an article here -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passing_off

BeBlockTech

Activity: 304
Merit: 15

0xF8D135631a3dE808D86cA1CB1a5D4ecd9c2a0921

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:01:37 PM

It's a really a shame people are snapping up all the decent .com related crypto domains. Hope to see this kind of practice made illegal by ICANN.

I can agree with that. Was going to buy a domain for a startup I'm working on, but someone got it before me and is selling him for 2500$ which I can really not afford for a domain-name. They are just buying names they don't need because those are names someone could probably buy one day in the future, making it almost impossible for little start-ups to start their company just in the hope to sell them one day for 100x of the original price. I have nothing with people doing business but, 2,500 or even 500 instead 25 it's just another way to scam people and I'm not playing that game, if it depended on me, they can keep their domains as long as they want, not buying anything from such individuals...
BeBlockTech

Activity: 304
Merit: 15

0xF8D135631a3dE808D86cA1CB1a5D4ecd9c2a0921

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:13:17 PM

It's a really a shame people are snapping up all the decent .com related crypto domains. Hope to see this kind of practice made illegal by ICANN.

What a strange comment - should Supermarkets be allowed to buy food to sell on at a profit? How about all those people buying Bitcoin, and saving them.

What really annoys me about domain names is when a great name is registered, and somebody puts a Mickey Mouse site on it. and they won't sell it for proper development.

It takes a lot of time and skill to find decent domain names. Would you spend 3 hours looking through lists, and not buying anything?

If you want to sell stuff like a supermarket, you open yourself a supermarket and pay taxes like anyone else who owns a supermarket. If you want to sell domain-names, you do like other companies who are selling domain-names, you open a legit company and start asking the same as those companies... But taking domains in hostage in the hope of finding someone who is interested in them, and then go ask them for 500 instead of 15 is not very legit as a business.
minebcc

Activity: 106
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 09:48:42 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2020, 09:54:12 PM by minebcc

What a strange comment - should Supermarkets be allowed to buy food to sell on at a profit? How about all those people buying Bitcoin, and saving them.

What really annoys me about domain names is when a great name is registered, and somebody puts a Mickey Mouse site on it. and they won't sell it for proper development.

It takes a lot of time and skill to find decent domain names. Would you spend 3 hours looking through lists, and not buying anything?

If you want to sell stuff like a supermarket, you open yourself a supermarket and pay taxes like anyone else who owns a supermarket. If you want to sell domain-names, you do like other companies who are selling domain-names, you open a legit company and start asking the same as those companies... But taking domains in hostage in the hope of finding someone who is interested in them, and then go ask them for 500 instead of 15 is not very legit as a business.

So selling residential and commercial property is not legit right? Domain names are assets. If the best pieces property to access global financial markets are on Wall Street is every real estate investor in ownership of properties in that area that purchased legally all of a sudden squatting? Not in a million years.

Domains can be registered and held legally by their registrants. If the name happens to hold value then like every other asset an agreement must be made by the buyer and seller when it comes to the transferal of ownership. If you want something that someone is in legal ownership of you must, like everyone else...pay up or find an alternative. You can't just whine about it.
roberthays

Activity: 94
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 21, 2020, 08:08:23 PM

I think the market has become quite established as nearly all Crypto related domains are taken. Especially after the 2017 period, I noticed a lot more activity in the domain market and a high demand for Crypto domains.
minebcc

Activity: 106
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 23, 2020, 09:53:26 PM

I think the market has become quite established as nearly all Crypto related domains are taken. Especially after the 2017 period, I noticed a lot more activity in the domain market and a high demand for Crypto domains.

In the last couple of months I've seen a huge increase in the number inquiries for my crypto domains. I think we may see massive resurgence and flight in the overall sales volume and value of crypto domains by the end of 2020 and going into 2021.
originalcoin

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

Bitcoyin.com For Sale

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2020, 04:59:15 AM

I sold  2 crypto domains  for good price in  the past but i hold only one right now (Bitcoyin.com)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2020, 04:02:44 PM

I need to spend some time sorting out my domain names, and I agree that crypto names seems to be becoming a bit more valuable. With regards to domain name collectors, it's much the same as any asset. I want some more gols coins and Bitcoin, and I think it is wrong that greedy collectors keep buying them. I want to buy a load more at £5 a time, but that is no longer possible.

If you want a .com name, then there are many tools to help you to find one for reg fee, but it can take quite a bit of time to hunt through the lists, and you have to grab the name as soon as you spot it. If you don't want to spend this time, there are people who will do it for you for a fee.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: