Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:40:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 334 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Analysis  (Read 941375 times)
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:12:59 PM

Is this capitulation, Master?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:57:12 PM

Selling at ~$195 and buying at ~$132

Thoughts on this?

is there any chance that we'll see a retrace up to 240 or something before going further down?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:29:24 AM

Is this the capitulation/bottom everyone has been shouting about? Or is there more  to come?

just lying on the beach thinking about going for a beer  Cool

what beach?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:36:02 AM

Thoughts on this?

is there any chance that we'll see a retrace up to 240 or something before going further down?

Don't you think you're being a little greedy? Tongue
Seriously though, yes there is a possibility of 230's if this is the C of another 4th wave. The rise off the bottom looks more corrective, and with the extended downtrend and lack of a decent pull back, there is the chance that we are still in the corrective move off the bottom. I still see a good chance of lower lows in our future, but maybe not for a few days.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:42:00 AM

Thoughts on this?

Seriously though, yes there is a possibility of 230's if this is the C of another 4th wave. The rise off the bottom looks more corrective, and with the extended downtrend and lack of a decent pull back, there is the chance that we are still in the corrective move off the bottom. I still see a good chance of lower lows in our future, but maybe not for a few days.

Maybe we hit $132...wont last very long.

Some people tend to get caught in short squeezes then end up selling too low and buying back higher.

Everyone make your own decisions without blaming anyone else for the outcome.  Smiley

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

poncho32

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:56:44 AM

Thoughts on this?

Some people tend to get caught in short squeezes then end up selling too low and buying back higher.

Everyone make your own decisions without blaming anyone else for the outcome.  Smiley

+1

The post below describes a short squeeze but if you read its thread the author isn't against shorts, just warning what can happen.

I have.  And its not pleasant.  In fact, they are extremely vicious.  Without appropriate risk management, they have the ability to wipe you out.

Imagine the Spring ramp repeating itself while you're holding short.  The mentality has settled in with virtually all the Bears that Bitcoin is done and is going to zero.  They are taking their victory laps and cheering their profits.  This type of mentality is just as bad as the speculative bubble, only in reverse.  

I have most unpleasant news for you.  The Squeeze of the Century is coming.  It may not be tomorrow, next month, or even next year, buts its coming and you will be crushed.  

I know the feeling.  You shorts are probably sleeping less well now while you're making profits than you did before.  Thats because deep down you know the protocol has not failed, you know that 99% of the people want Bitcoin but just don't know it yet, you know the developers are still out there and working on improvements, and you know that big money is waiting on the sidelines for the perfect time to buy and buy hard.

Typically the ramps come in the middle of the night.  You wake up and the price has doubled trapping you deeply in the losing trade.  You wait and wait for the price to come back down but it never does as the price moves upwards incessantly to force you to cover.  The pendulum has swung too far to the wrong side.

Just wait.  Its coming...
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:10:54 AM

I agree with this. Everyone should be making their own decisions on trades they take. That said, I merely gave a vague idea. "possibly up" and "possibly down". podyx, being a watcher of the numerous EW threads, I'm sure he understands that I'm not saying that we are definitely going to make new lows. Only that it is possible from every standpoint in TA. There is still a helluva lot of indecision in the market. This is tough trading for sure and the whipsaws can ruin you. These are the risks that we as traders take. We're all grown ass men here (a few women too Tongue) so more than able to take our own responsibility for our actions. Smiley

Thoughts on this?

+1

The post below describes a short squeeze but if you read its thread the author isn't against shorts, just warning what can happen.

I have.  And its not pleasant.  In fact, they are extremely vicious.  Without appropriate risk management, they have the ability to wipe you out.

Imagine the Spring ramp repeating itself while you're holding short.  The mentality has settled in with virtually all the Bears that Bitcoin is done and is going to zero.  They are taking their victory laps and cheering their profits.  This type of mentality is just as bad as the speculative bubble, only in reverse. 

I have most unpleasant news for you.  The Squeeze of the Century is coming.  It may not be tomorrow, next month, or even next year, buts its coming and you will be crushed. 

I know the feeling.  You shorts are probably sleeping less well now while you're making profits than you did before.  Thats because deep down you know the protocol has not failed, you know that 99% of the people want Bitcoin but just don't know it yet, you know the developers are still out there and working on improvements, and you know that big money is waiting on the sidelines for the perfect time to buy and buy hard.

Typically the ramps come in the middle of the night.  You wake up and the price has doubled trapping you deeply in the losing trade.  You wait and wait for the price to come back down but it never does as the price moves upwards incessantly to force you to cover.  The pendulum has swung too far to the wrong side.

Just wait.  Its coming...

Nobody was even talking about shorting it down. At least in the original conversation smoothie was replying to. Selling BTC for fiat is not the same as shorting. If the price rises while you're in fiat, you lose nothing except opportunistic gains. You have the ability to wait for the retrace to get in. You are not forced out of your current position as with a short squeeze.

For the record, I have been accumulating for the last few days so I am in no way telling anyone to short nor am I short. Shorting here is the most extreme of risk and the whole idea of trading is to minimize risk for whatever position you take.

poncho32

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:18:55 AM

Thoughts on this?

Everyone make your own decisions without blaming anyone else for the outcome.  Smiley

+1

I have.  And its not pleasant.  In fact, they are extremely vicious.  Without appropriate risk management, they have the ability to wipe you out.

Imagine the Spring ramp repeating itself while you're holding short.  The mentality has settled in with virtually all the Bears that Bitcoin is done and is going to zero.  They are taking their victory laps and cheering their profits.  This type of mentality is just as bad as the speculative bubble, only in reverse.  

I have most unpleasant news for you.  The Squeeze of the Century is coming.  It may not be tomorrow, next month, or even next year, buts its coming and you will be crushed.  

I know the feeling.  You shorts are probably sleeping less well now while you're making profits than you did before.  Thats because deep down you know the protocol has not failed, you know that 99% of the people want Bitcoin but just don't know it yet, you know the developers are still out there and working on improvements, and you know that big money is waiting on the sidelines for the perfect time to buy and buy hard.

Typically the ramps come in the middle of the night.  You wake up and the price has doubled trapping you deeply in the losing trade.  You wait and wait for the price to come back down but it never does as the price moves upwards incessantly to force you to cover.  The pendulum has swung too far to the wrong side.

Just wait.  Its coming...

Nobody was even talking about shorting it down. At least in the original conversation smoothie was replying to. Selling BTC for fiat is not the same as shorting. If the price rises while you're in fiat, you lose nothing except opportunistic gains. You have the ability to wait for the retrace to get in. You are not forced out of your current position as with a short squeeze.

For the record, I have been accumulating for the last few days so I am in no way telling anyone to short nor am I short. Shorting here is the most extreme of risk and the whole idea of trading is to minimize risk for whatever position you take.

Sorry I misinterpreted what you meant by a short squeeze.
masterluc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:22:38 AM

I'd say it's a bottoming behavior, but how far it may go I don't have idea.

I am worry about price is under both daily and weekly bb, so it may accelerate down. Also I don't like latest bearish weekly macd hook.

But ew suggests a bottoming picture.

Latest bottom should be followed by triangle consolidation in a case of continuation.

masterluc (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:17:18 PM

EURCHF holy fuck...

Turbulence on markets!

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:23:59 PM

EURCHF holy fuck...

Turbulence on markets!
And people say Bitcoin is volatile. Cheesy
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:45:57 PM

Nicely done Swiss CB.

They just completely fucked over their export business. Whatever reason they had, it must be a good one. They next few weeks should be interesting to say the least.

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
pinky

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:49:35 PM

They just completely fucked over their export business.

And many more people that have loans denominated in CHF, contracts in CHF, hedge funds... Black swan event.

████████████▀████▄████████████████▀███▀████████████████▄█
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀█████████████████████▀████████████████████████████
████████▀▀████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███████
      |                  |                  |            
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:29:22 PM

Nicely done Swiss CB.

They just completely fucked over their export business. Whatever reason they had, it must be a good one. They next few weeks should be interesting to say the least.
Probably they got tired of buying billions of euros to enforce the cap. The current account surplus is too high and needs to balance itself.
myself
Legendary

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:45:40 PM

no they dint also is irrelevant is all about imports

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
Igluenza

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:46:18 PM

Switzerland takes the nuclear option in the currency wars: https://notayesmanseconomics.wordpress.com/2015/01/15/switzerland-takes-the-nuclear-option-in-the-currency-wars/
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 02:44:03 PM

Well done SNB, that EUR/CHF move was sweet Cheesy Cheesy

Richard Branson

Activity: 515
Merit: 506

Screw It, Let's Do It

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 03:11:21 PM

wow i am completely shocked. glad i get my salary in CHF Grin Grin Grin Kiss

True!
15% discount nearly worldwide. Deal of the day.
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 04:28:40 PM

tell that to swatch.

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 04:36:25 PM

tell that to swatch.

made in china?
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 334 »
  Print  

Jump to: