Bitcoin Forum
September 23, 2019, 10:22:06 AM *
News: If you like a topic and you see an orange "bump" link, click it. More info.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 317 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Analysis  (Read 923627 times)
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:20:09 AM

Bitcoin is on one step from long dramatic selloff imho.

Global stocks are about to crash. This monopoly game is almost over and all money and property will be returned back to the box.

And what do you suggest? Holding fiat can not be the solution Wink

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1148

yes

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:48:02 AM

Global stocks are about to crash. This monopoly game is almost over and all money and property will be returned back to the box.

Holding real money thus.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:52:34 AM

If you see a deflationary collapse like 2008 coming where, you know, everything collapses vs. fiat currency ... Why not? Is the point of speculation to preserve and increase purchasing power or is it some sort of feel good mentality?
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 10:22:04 AM

If you see a deflationary collapse like 2008 coming where, you know, everything collapses vs. fiat currency ... Why not? Is the point of speculation to preserve and increase purchasing power or is it some sort of feel good mentality?
Or sections of society have no money and switch to using digital currencies. Would be more efficient than bartering.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:29:24 PM

What are you saying is collapsing then? The stock market, the FIAT currencies, governments? Or do you also think that Bitcoin collapses? Wouldn't bitcoin be a perfect haven against a collapsing 'traditional' economy?

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:52:03 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 04:59:07 PM by hdbuck

What are you saying is collapsing then? The stock market, the FIAT currencies, governments? Or do you also think that Bitcoin collapses? Wouldn't bitcoin be a perfect haven against a collapsing 'traditional' economy?

thats what they want you to think but there is no hiding actually...  Shocked Grin
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:57:37 PM

It would be easy to agree with this but the only caveat is fiat creation by central banks and the potential for future fiat creation by central banks.  Frankly, I don't think anybody knows how this will affect markets going forward.  A deflationary collapse would have to be swift and powerful, which is definitely possible.  I believe we will see volatility increasing in fiat currencies with wild swings on both the deflationary and inflationary sides.  The aftermath will leave bitcoin and possibly a select few other chains emerge as dominant money and global finance and gold as a last resort backup storage of wealth imho.

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:49:05 PM

Doom and gloom, baby. Doom and gloom.

The problem with predictions like that is they're almost impossible to falsify... "dramatic selloff" implies a real crash. A new capitulation low. Say, going back to $300, maybe even lower.

Or maybe not. Let's say price is going down another leg, hitting $500, maybe even high $400s. The prediction will "sound" right as well afterwards, or at least some will claim it does (while I would hardly call it "dramatic").

Same for the stock markets. "About to crash", or "entering a longer bear market"? The two are not the same, but a vague enough statement can afterwards be claimed to have "predicted" it.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1044

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:18:06 PM

The problem with predictions like that is they're almost impossible to falsify... "dramatic selloff" implies a real crash. A new capitulation low. Say, going back to $300, maybe even lower.

Or maybe not. Let's say price is going down another leg, hitting $500, maybe even high $400s. The prediction will "sound" right as well afterwards, or at least some will claim it does (while I would hardly call it "dramatic").

Same for the stock markets. "About to crash", or "entering a longer bear market"? The two are not the same, but a vague enough statement can afterwards be claimed to have "predicted" it.

Good kings all around. Luc has been prescient several times before and we should give him props for that.

In addition, it doesn't take a rocker scientist to suggest stocks are way overbought. And it's entirely possible that if the stock market goes down I a big way that bitcoin could too - although there is no real historical precedent got this.

However, we also should consider, reading over Lucs most recent posts, that there is a certain amount of regional stress he is currently over involving where he resides. This may be causing him to have a less than well rounded and objective view of the current world financial markets.

It seems like doom and bloomers have been around forever and they, for several reasons, will always be.
AceWallen

Activity: 479

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:32:34 PM

don't forget who predicted a multi-year bear market after the december top -- our very own lucif. whether that is still on the cards is up for debate, but 8 months later, still going strong.

whether we hit 300 or 450, that would be a dramatic selloff indeed.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:50:34 PM

You missed the point of what I said. A vague enough statement always hits the mark. We go down to $530? "Dramatic selloff confirmed". We go down to $300? "Definitely dramatic selloff". We bounce back from $550? "Kind of a dramatic selloff". (For the record, $530 seems a good candidate imo).

About the other point: I've said it often enough in this thread - masterluc has an amazing read on the market. I never dismiss his predictions thoughtlessly. I do however point out when they're not so much predictions but more 'vague, ominous sounding murmurs'.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:53:59 PM

I am with masterluc on this one.

I see a lot of selling pressure on stamp. Someone is trying hard to keep the price above 580 $ mark, but someone is unloading big time.

I just cant see us breaking 620 any time soon.

Or actually there was a concerted selling effort to keep us below 600.
figmentofmyass

Activity: 1148
Merit: 890

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:10:13 PM

You missed the point of what I said. A vague enough statement always hits the mark. We go down to $530? "Dramatic selloff confirmed". We go down to $300? "Definitely dramatic selloff". We bounce back from $550? "Kind of a dramatic selloff". (For the record, $530 seems a good candidate imo).

i think the point is this: if you say it's bearish and get a selloff you are right. if you say it's bearish and get rally you are wrong. attacking vagueness means nothing in that case.

a drop 20 points to 550 is not dramatic. Tongue

Schickeria

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:34:53 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 07:54:36 PM by Schickeria

We should really define what is a dramatic sell off. Is it that weeny kind of sell off, meaning 560 - 500. A capitulation sell off, meaning 440 - 275, or a cataclysm going back to ancient trend line in the 100's.

Dramatic Sell offs regarding bitcointalk-dramaqueen is even starting with 20.00$ dumps.
h3speros

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 07:37:06 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 07:48:58 PM by h3speros

Good kings all around. Luc has been prescient several times before and we should give him props for that.

In addition, it doesn't take a rocker scientist to suggest stocks are way overbought. And it's entirely possible that if the stock market goes down I a big way that bitcoin could too - although there is no real historical precedent got this.

However, we also should consider, reading over Lucs most recent posts, that there is a certain amount of regional stress he is currently over involving where he resides. This may be causing him to have a less than well rounded and objective view of the current world financial markets.

It seems like doom and bloomers have been around forever and they, for several reasons, will always be.

These are my thoughts also about the case of lucs recent post. But I disagree on one thing, It's rocket scientist, not rocker.

only crypto market predictions, no bullshit https://twitter.com/h3speros
Bagatell

Activity: 722

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:53:31 PM

But I disagree on one thing, It's rocket scientist, not rocker.

Says h3speros.  Smiley
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1044

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:53:46 PM

These are my thoughts also about the case of lucs recent post. But I disagree on one thing, It's rocket scientist, not rocker.

Auto correct from an iPhone while on the phone is a bitch. I see about 5-6 errors in my last post at first glance. Smh.
h3speros

Activity: 189

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 09:57:59 AM

But I disagree on one thing, It's rocket scientist, not rocker.

Says h3speros.  Smiley

You can quess who is the Hesperos that im referring to in my nick? =)

only crypto market predictions, no bullshit https://twitter.com/h3speros
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 11:10:11 AM

Crash, not crash, Btc will bounce back. If financial markets crack, safest place will be cash and digital currencies.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Capt Drake

Activity: 208

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:07:03 PM

This is my analysis, the price is going down to $512 and then... it can crash or moon.

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 317 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.