Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:30:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that bitcoin can reduce corruption?  (Read 2556 times)
fishball

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:50:44 AM

Now that governments have a competitor in terms of currencies, do you think that they will make an effort to make the economic system more transparent or will they just try to ban everything?

It still depends whether bitcoin will fall under the governement's hands or not. And whether the government will use it properly or not. Just saying the possible things since bitcoin in the present is quite impressive.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
supermam

Activity: 209

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:28:56 AM

There's nothing to do about the corruption of government officials because Bitcoin is not yet recognize by the government. When the time comes that they can be able to enter the world of Bitcoin maybe that's the time that corruption occur.
Olexandra66

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:56:34 AM

I do not think so, I even adhere to the opposite. That he will only raise her, I do not understand how you can think what he will lower?
christina30

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:15:31 PM

Now that governments have a competitor in terms of currencies, do you think that they will make an effort to make the economic system more transparent or will they just try to ban everything?

I think bitcoin cant reduce corruption in your country because bitcoin is not involve in any government assets.but He can help grow economy in a country but not reduce corruption.Only a great person can change a government issue.
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:25:30 PM

I think if a person receives a salary with bitcoin, it would be prone to corruption. Government will be more difficult to check balances, transactions and bitcoin usage for its users.
Come on!

Activity: 86

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:18:30 PM

Whatever that opposes them, surely it will be crushed suddenly or for the worst case, they will take advantage of it and may become the greatest cause of corruption ever. When it comes to money corruption will never fail.

E l i g m a           AI-driven and blockchain-based cognitive commerce platform     
│| ███████████ |│    JOIN PRESALE   ★  March 20th  ★     │| ██████████ |│
WHITEPAPER      FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM      TWITTER      LINKEDIN      MEDIUM
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:25:20 PM

The blockchain is a highly decentralized, unleaded, lawless, anonymous, almost anonymous, decentralized management ownership. The blockchain is the purest form of democracy where people don't need to know each other and trust can be used. Bitcoin has no way of corrupting corruption!

I don´t know what you mean exactly, but in terms of the Bitcoin system being corrupt in itself, I agree that it is trustless. I would not dare to name it democratic and not completely decentralised, as there are too many large actors that carry lot of weight.
Oh no, Bitcoin can’t end corruption. Money is always the route of all evil, no matter how it is, even if you change it gold, silver and diamond, it will always remain the same. I know the op means ending government corruption, but it can’t do it. Money is still money, and Bitcoin can even be an easier way for them to steal.
You may not be right all the times. Just imagine a situation where pseudo anonymous feature of bitcoin is being tracked. I mean, a person will receive money in one verified bitcoin address and his spending will be traced by other known and verified addresses. If he spend some bitcoins to some unknown address then a question will be raised. This way government may track the in and out of money flow.

This can help preventing corruption in my understanding. Here we need to note if a person has another stream of bitcoin income from other source then government cannot track that. But his main source of money will be under monitor if this bitcoin will be legalized.
otol55

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:31:55 PM

I think it could be bitcoin to reduce the level of corruption. It's just that in Indonesia the existence of bitcoin itself is still illegal and prohibited by the government. So for Indonesian state corruption better known than bitcoin itself even many indonesian people who do not know about bitcoin and in my opinion bitcoin will not reduce the level of corruption here.

kikay15

Activity: 127

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:39:38 PM

For me bitcoin can't reduce corruption. Because corruption it start to people who so much greedy,  not contented in here life. So if you like a happy life start to your self.  Be thankful to everything.  And teach others how to be not corrupt.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
JC btc

Activity: 770
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:54:21 PM

For me bitcoin can't reduce corruption. Because corruption it start to people who so much greedy,  not contented in here life. So if you like a happy life start to your self.  Be thankful to everything.  And teach others how to be not corrupt.
We cannot really secure corruption by having a cryptocurrency, we cannot adapt change in eliminating corruption when most of the government people are corrupt and cannot help their selves in making so much money in illegal way, that is why if we want change in  our country let us change our self first before others.
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:35:53 PM

We cannot really secure corruption by having a cryptocurrency, we cannot adapt change in eliminating corruption when most of the government people are corrupt and cannot help their selves in making so much money in illegal way, that is why if we want change in  our country let us change our self first before others.
I'm not so sure if bitcoin together with the other crypto currencies are reduce corruption in every country. Because most of the criminals are used bitcoin to survive their evil works.

I think bitcoin can help every nation to reduce corruption but they can't delete it into the whole world. Because it is literally do by the government officials of every countries due to they are not satisfied to their salaries as government officials.
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:09:18 PM

No, unless those corupt government official will stop their greediness and taking our money
Yes I’m hundred present sure if someone start using bitcoin with hard work so he will not any corruption or any bad thing because bitcoin earning is very better then any other source of income once if you join bitcoin so you can feel the difference because I know a lot of people who have changed their life’s just because of bitcoin and I’m also one of the example of it so we need to join bitcoin in order to make our self-rich.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:54:00 PM

The government will compel banks to give better schemes soo people will sidetrack btc or cryptocurrencies in general. They know that fiat is needed at any point of time, so crypto's are just a minor threat for them.
HoaNguyen

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:00:24 PM

I think different from your point of view. Bitcoin does not reduce the rate of corruption, but it increases the rate of corruption. You may find that it is because of the good security of Bitcoin, that it does not disclose personal information that is exploited by many individuals or organizations with the intent to extort money from others, corruption. Wanna Cry is a good example.

Crypto Lion

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:00:55 PM

Not really. Since its so decentralized perhaps dark organizations out there will want to use it to fund their bad activities. If its decentralized, no one knows whos buying BTC and what they're doing it for, kind of like its Silk Road/Drug Trade era.  So the best thing we can do in that situation is to just use crypto for the right thing!
mrDimple

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:02:46 PM

maybe they will try to be all clear. especially the bitcoin of many assisted and developed lives. and they also benefit bitcoin especially when there is a tax
GeoDudeScho

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:42:38 AM

Blockchain technology can absolutely be used to reduce corruption. But it's doubtful that bitcoin will be the vehicle that will be used.
budz0425

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:06:28 AM

There's nothing to do about the corruption of government officials because Bitcoin is not yet recognize by the government. When the time comes that they can be able to enter the world of Bitcoin maybe that's the time that corruption occur.

Actually it may be a factor now. Since bitcoin is known for its anonymity, maybe the government is actually using it know. but then again. corruption is not really about what currency the government is using but corruption depends on the actual character and moral of the people who runs the government whether they are honest in running the nation's money or not.
Gabrieelle

Activity: 364
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:42:52 AM

Actually it may be a factor now. Since bitcoin is known for its anonymity, maybe the government is actually using it know. but then again. corruption is not really about what currency the government is using but corruption depends on the actual character and moral of the people who runs the government whether they are honest in running the nation's money or not.

You're right, they will take advantage of bitcoin because you can remain anonymous in all of your transactions in which corrupt government officials sees it as an opportunity to hide or do transactions with their money. It would be easier for them to hide all their corrupt transactions with the use of bitcoin.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:50:22 AM

I would go a bit farther... Corruption depends on the actual character and moral of the people who votes on the politics that run the country. A corrupt government is the reflex of a corrupt people. What Bitcoin can do, is to give honest people the opportunity to live "out of the system", so they don't need to fund the corrupt system where they live, because they don't need necessarily to use the country's official currency anymore and don't need to pay part of the taxes these corrupts use in their own benefit and in benefit of their minions.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: