Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:33:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Global warming - entrepreneurial market response  (Read 1944 times)
Mittlyle

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 11:00:08 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2011, 11:34:22 AM by Mittlyle

• Melting ice, when floating, does not rise sea-levels. Simple Archimedes law in action: the ice has displaced amount of water exactly of its weight. How large portion do you think the water will replace when it melts? Same as it's weight, logical? It makes me facepalm every time somebody tries to induce panic mood by showing cracking ice-bergs. North Pole is by the way completely floating ice.
Why the misdirection? Argue the points made by climate scientists, not points that the deniers claim the climate scientists have made. It detracts from any credibility you might have.
This wasn't in response to climate-scientists claims or even what some 'deniers' have claimed climate-scientists to have claimed. Actually this argument is completely mine, not read from anywhere. Any real scientist knows this, so you are right, this has zero relevance to the real scientific debate. As for lay-persons to lay-person arguments (which is most you see) I think there is need to deal with matters not obvious to everyone. Also, this was more so in response to the presuppositions some melting ice news-stories mentioning global warming seem to have. (That is sea-level is going to rise radically because of this, leading to islands sinking, we must stop emitting CO2)

One can show flaws in the science or in the fear-mongering, both are relevant in peoples formation of opinions. This was for the latter.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: