Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:49:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A highly-democratized, distributed, virtual organization. Possible?  (Read 571 times)
romsa9 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:54:19 PM

Hello.

I wanted to mention first that I have had only great experiences from my interactions with members of the Bitcoin community. Virtually everyone is very helpful, empathetic, and well-educated. I've spoken to high-school students who made me envious of their breath of knowledge at their age. I am both shocked and excited.

Anyway, I wanted to share with you a small vision I have been cooking in my mind, I'm sure it's not revolutionary, and its highly imperfect. However, I think if one were to focus in and exploit the unique pros of such a system, and duly mitigate the cons, It could really generate value for all involved.

The system in question is "A highly-democratized, distributed, virtual organization with no physical location, of people united on a common, value-generating goal."

An organization is defined by the people that are part of it. With the internet, it was Steve Jobs' exact vision that in the future, people would collaborate from around the world, and be united purely on interests and not physical conveniences. In general, intellectual workers are most valuable and productive when they are actually interested in what they are doing, what are the statistical chances that they live next door to a company doing exactly what they want to do?

There is a ripe environment for something great to come together. It's like this environment of building blocks. Internet infrastructure, Bitcoins, Easy access to computing, tools available for collaborative software development. It seems that all that is really needed is for a few highly ambitious people to come together and decide on a project that will produce value. It seems to me the Bitcoin community today is like the computer clubs, and those that believed in the internet when it was first being used by a small minority.

Anyway I propose a thought experiment for the thinkers in this forum, let's hear ideas Smiley
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 09:05:30 PM

Here is my idea:

Create a way for one person to pose a problem, or a challenge or something that needs people to accomplish it.

Then people with bitcoins can look through these problems and if they agree that they too want to be involved, they can pledge their own bitcoins towards that problem.

Everyone will be able to see how much is pledged toward the various problems and as the pledges reach a certain large amount, then people with solutions will start to pose their solutions to the problem.

The people who pledged toward that problem will be able to vote for the solution with their bitcoins.

If enough people vote with their bitcoins toward a particular solution, the solution gets funded and the problem gets solved. If not, people get their funds back and wait for the next solution to be proposed.

I call it BitPools Wink

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
romsa9 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 09:09:09 PM

Here is my idea:

Create a way for one person to pose a problem, or a challenge or something that needs people to accomplish it.

Then people with bitcoins can look through these problems and if they agree that they too want to be involved, they can pledge their own bitcoins towards that problem.

Everyone will be able to see how much is pledged toward the various problems and as the pledges reach a certain large amount, then people with solutions will start to pose their solutions to the problem.

The people who pledged toward that problem will be able to vote for the solution with their bitcoins.

If enough people vote with their bitcoins toward a particular solution, the solution gets funded and the problem gets solved. If not, people get their funds back and wait for the next solution to be proposed.

I call it BitPools Wink

I was thinking along these same lines, Elwar! Something involving crowdfunding, where people contribute whatever they can towards whatever they want. If they have money, and no skills, they can throw down money and get something in return. If they don't have money, but have skills, they can contribute anything they can to make it happen. Would require some measurement of accountability like regular meetings over Skype and planned deliverables, etc. But I think something like this could change the way things get done.

It is excellent that you have started something like this. I am very interested in seeing how it evloves!
JusticeForYou
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 271

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:04:51 AM

Decentralized diversification as far reaching as possible is Nature's way. It gives one or many the best chance at surviving for the longest possible time. Unfortunately, this doesn't bode well for governments. Originally, our United States was such a system. 50 petri dishes doing their own thing but providing for a common defense and system of commerce. If one petri dish was failing the other petri dishes learned from the mistake. If one petri dish flourished, the others followed suit.

Internet organization CAN follow nature's way. The key is setting up the system for a common defense and system of commerce with the now added need for effective communications between organizations/entities. Sending 'encrypted' messages is like sending up a flare saying: "Look over here." So in order for a system of such to communicate, there would need to be a method of indoctrination to communication protocols at different levels over a period of time that prohibits the effectiveness of infiltration into these organizations. Such organization exist. We know one of them a the Masonic Lodge.

In order to attract members, the Charter of any said organization must be laid out and plainly stated and strict adherence to its bylaws must be maintained. Power of the organization must never be concentrated in any one entity or group. It would more be like a swarm. Ironically another organization is similar, Anonymous.

Hmm... Seems like history does repeat. Smiley

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████