Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:15:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin really anonymous?  (Read 2002 times)
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:07:12 AM

bitcoin is not entirely anonymous, there is still a little slit, if only a bitcoin transaction, there will be no problem, but if you want to change into fiat currency would require a local bank account for the funds you disbursed you can receive, and there Your personal information of course with current technology is very likely to be able to track it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mistanama

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:22:35 AM

My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks Grin Grin

At the moment, the name bitcoin is still unknown worldwide. It is really anonymous to some people who did'nt what is it. Have not we seen it on television yet, heard on the radio? hmm just internet, ads on facebook twitter and other social media. If this person is more popular or known, can they trust it and when it comes to the time that bitcoin uses it? The value or price of bitcoin increases. The increase because bitcoin value depends on people joining it. Smiley
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:38:48 AM

Not really anonymous i think cause after we made a transaction. our address will reflect on the history of the recievers. So for me bitcoin is not totally anonymous but when it come to identity of person who made the transaction maybe yess . But i have doubts maybe they can locate the owner of the address through location.  Is it possible?
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:55:33 AM

No bitcoin is not anonymous.
It is myth
Blockchain is publicly visible in opposit to banks books where banks can do whatever thay want
Finally if you want exchange to fiat you need KYC verification
If you want to trade on legit exchanges you also need to give your kyc info

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
IvyAguas

Activity: 69
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:28:46 AM

Yup it is really one of the characteristic of BitCoin, it is anonymous but still even though the use can hold multiple bitcoin address, there still a so called Blockchain with ls a huge version of general ledger that  stores details of every single transaction that ever happened in the network.

https://www.coindesk.com/information/what-is-bitcoin/

Click this site for more details
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:07:38 AM

It partially anonymous (because you need to reveal your identity to exchange it).
Btw, in Bruxelles someone proposed to make a database of bitcoin owners...

befriendmywater

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:08:40 AM

Yes it is because it only can track where is that Bitcoin going without knowing who own that wallet and who're using that wallet .

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
bitcoinzen

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:19:10 AM

Anonymity is the first feature bitcoin is famous and till date bitcoin is proved anonymous  so it is become more reliable and user friendly to use for anyone
Pasadoble

Activity: 336
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:21:35 AM

its somewhat anonymous, but as it becomes more mainstream it becomes less anonymous. as more people give up personal details to become owners of bitcoin people who want to stay in the shadows lose space they could potentially occupy, question is what does it take to enforce based on all the evidence blockchain has gathered so far and will gather in the future. in my opinion crimes recorded on blockchain would need a global government to investigate and i'm not expecting one of those to appear any time soon
surgical_duude

Activity: 349

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:34:05 AM

Yes! Bitcoin is really anonymous. There are some says that Bitcoin should spread and become well-known. But there are also some who wants to hide bitcoins identity since there are dangers when it became popular.
Bitcoin is not anonymous, probably in countries where Bitcoin is banned. The people there will have people who do not know about it, but in fact Bitcoin still exists in all countries even if it is banned, the people there They know Bitcoin so Bitcoin is not anonymous

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:34:11 AM

Bitcoin is really anonymous you can transfer bitcoins from wallet to another wallet and no one can even trace it, that's the meaning of bitcoin being anonymous but when a person decided to convert them into their native currency anonymity of bitcoin will be gone that is because certain information will be needed to be disclosed just in case you withdraw bitcoin thru banks or any remittance center but as long as you will not convert bitcoin into fiat it will remain anonymous.

ViciousWarlock29

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:58:41 AM

No, of course not, a lot of people can easily track you if you left a lot of finger prints on your bitcoin addresses, i mean, if you posted your address on Facebook, twitter, or any other social media.

That is considered as irresponsible way of handling your account. Why would you be posting your address to social media platform which we know can easily be hacked or phished.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:02:08 AM

My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

If you spend Bitcoins at an online store and had to create an account with your name, that address can be linked to you along with transactions to and from that address. The same is true when you buy Bitcoins or sell Bitcoins on a site like Coinbase. It is really hard to be anonymous if you do transactions. Your country’s government will be able to trace many of these transactions and the transaction history.
Meaning, you will be trace if your account is verified and history of transaction can be determine. All of your transaction in one address will be seen by everyone in the blockchain system. I think it will be the responsibility of the wallet owner who shares his or her address publicly specially if your a well known person. You will be in trouble if you are discovered a millionaire with bitcoin.

goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:30:42 AM

Bitcoin is anonymous in terms when your real name and origin is completely hidden on your profile for trading , campaigns, etc. but the conversion to fiat or transfering your account to someone or even buying with bitcoins is traceable. It is because of the third party which is your wallet who made some history of your transactions.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:39:46 AM

I think the bitcoin is anonymous becouse bitcoin is spreading fast on other country and no one knows ho decide the value of bitcoin
Bitcoin's spreading has nothing to do with it. It is not a reason to say that bitcoin is anonymous. Actually, bitcoin is not anonymous, and also, bitcoin's price or the "value" your are talking about depends in the bitcoin's market sale. But yes you are right, no one decides what will be the bitcoin's price.

404 Not Found
Kokiri123

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:43:08 AM

Bitcoin is known for its very good security, and most of its transactions are anonymous, with only the address of which Bitcoin can be exchanged, without any personal information. But if people know your address, they can easily look up transactions history via blockchain or etherscan. Bitcoin is anonymously but it is not anonymous if your BTC address information is disclosed.
BTcoint

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:52:30 AM

Bitcoin is not anonymous your IP can be located in the transaction history unless using tor\VPN when gonna send btc on the other hand we have fully anonymous coins like XMR ,Dash ...XVG and onion.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Asmonist

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:33:40 AM

Some say its not. Others say it is. For me its not anonymous in the since that it was used by many. What is anonymous is the account details. Just like our usual bank accounts they are confidential. So bitcoin itself has its confidentiality specially that it involves money. Being anonymous somehow is significant for safety purposes.

PG13

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:44:50 AM

Here in my country you must be verified first by the exchange. You need to provide a selfie with valid government issued id for a level 2.
Level 2 you have a limit to cash out of $10k a year.
To make it unlimited you must provide them with business permit that you have a legit business.
After that you can cash out everyday.
Good luck. Share your blessings.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
lutfi-hasan

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:41:04 PM

Bitcoin is not anonymous, but, pseudo-anonymous (can use aliases). Well, most veteran Bitcoin (old players) know this. However, many people do not know this, why Bitcoin is not made completely anonymously by default, and what businesses do Bitcoin users not to do anonymously and what Bitcoin users can do to regain their privacy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: