Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:24:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin really anonymous?  (Read 2002 times)
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:10:19 PM

The anonymity of bitcoin:
1: the generation of address does not require real-name authentication;
2: the real identity cannot be identified by the address;
3: there is no correlation between the different accounts of the same owner, and the total number of bitcoins of specific users cannot be known.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 12:24:51 PM

You can say bitcoin as pseudonymous one and not an anonymous. Here when you send the bitcoin to the person who is receiver then you just need to enter only the bitcoin address and no need to mention the name, age, address or any other personal information and even the receiver is going to get the bitcoin address information only and not more than that. This is how the transaction goes and if for any reason you send the bitcoin to the wrong address then you can't get it for any reason that's true and keep in mind.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:12:34 PM

It depends where you are, and how daring you are. Some countries try to put rules, but with a little creativity you can move decent sums without be caught. Of course, nothing is sure when the matters are taxes and governments.

Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:15:33 PM

Bitcoin is Anonymous only if you proceed very carefully; just one mistake, and all the chain will be revelated.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:18:53 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 03:49:14 PM by supermine

My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks Grin Grin
All the bitcoin transactions are fully anonymous and no one can trace us using with the address but the identity needed for using bitoins in shops will not be a problem because they already added all the taxes for our purchases so there is no need to worry of paying taxes again.But still bitcoin is not yet ready for day to day usage so we are early to think about this.
We are paying the taxes when converting it into fiat so it is absolutely fine to use bitcoins anywhere even if it is not anonymous.
BabyBoss

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:26:52 PM

My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

Yes it is really anonymous because we can't also predict what will be the price for tomorrow even the creator or the owner he/she is anonymous. This is really amazing that even it is anonymous their are some of us become millionaire because of it. We can create wallet just like we create a millionaire of money in our real wallet. Bitcoin is really do amazing and anonymous things that other jobs or manager or banks can't do. The anonymous of bitcoin will make us rich.
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:42:55 PM

Yes! Bitcoin is really anonymous. There are some says that Bitcoin should spread and become well-known. But there are also some who wants to hide bitcoins identity since there are dangers when it became popular.
That would really depend on the type of wallet that you are using as well as the application because cryptocurrency centralized exchanges tend to verify the identity of its customer implementing the KYC policy before the full usage of its wallet and exchange, some of them even requiring the customers social media accounts and ID's for a certain functions to activate, but if you are using wallets that you own private keys, your identity will be anonymous but the transparency of the transaction is still there.
MaitoMaito

Activity: 504
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 02:51:28 PM

Everyone could see the transactions are on the chain. You just see the whole list of transactions. But if you not careful you can left some clues (i.e. exchanges sites)
And I suppose there's so low chance to identify most addresses on the chain. So just be careful with handling system and you'll be anonymize to some extent.
Triyavam

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:57:37 PM

The news that I got from friends, Bitcoin is not anonymous, more precisely pseudo anonymous, some veteran Bitcoin know this,
Chances It's still unclear to many new people stepping in bitcoin world.
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:32:46 PM

Bitcoin is not the best option is you really want an anonymous form of payment. If that is essential to you I would go to Monero right now. Bitcoin will become more anonymous once the lightning network and atomic transactions get implemented, but even now, using an address with segwit also helps, since segwit enables the use of tumblebit, that is a payment hub that allows off-chain transactions to be made.
CohY4ohvoh

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:56:09 PM

government can know you when cashing bitcoin.
bitcoin also record all transaction so it’s not  really anonymous. try some altcoins will give you better solution.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:14:37 PM

Well, i really do not think that bitcoin can be anything close to being anonymous since as what a lot of people revealed, bitcoin transactions can truly be traced. That is, if you do not use mixers. But, even doing so, you still can never remain anonymous since sooner or later you will have to convert into fiat to make use of those bitcoins you have. But if you are referring to making anonymous transactions, then you cam use, monero.
Anco_Marzio

Activity: 186

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:27:37 PM

Bitcoin now is in the light, so - even in theory it's anonymous - it's very difficult to cash it in anonymous way.
But with a little intelligence and organization, you can still move big sums without to be caught.
Of course, this is illegal, so...it's up to you.

pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:59:52 PM

It is anonymous to some length. If you know a person irl and you send/receive some bitcoins from him, he can keep track of your bitcoin holdings. However a random person would not waste his time on looking at some random person's bitcoins. If a person uses a mixing service, then he can try to make himself anonymous.
Having said that, When you convert, it's not going to affect your anonymity much, except that the other person would know your bank details, your bitcoin Addy and what not. Roll Eyes
When you buy in an online store, they'd know your IP address, if you a VPN, then you can fool them.
Anonymity is various kind.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:08:55 PM

At localbitcoin you can actually spend your bitcoin anonymous and you can actually perform transactions without actually dispose your identities. Bitcoin transactions is completely anonymous in some countries and we should have to classified it country by country. There are some countries that you most dispose all your financial transactions and there are regulatory authorities that will implement that. I have tried to also make my crypto currencies transactions as public as possible in other to be able to be saved on my transactions.
NicG13

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:56:58 PM

It depends on how you use it. It can be, but you need to be careful. There are much better options out there at the moment like DeepOnion which runs natively on the TOR network. Their DeepSend function will be live in Q2 of this year. That's the future of anonymity.
mr.garant

Activity: 90
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:59:55 PM

i think with creating a bot on bitcointalk you can find everyones username and adress and from there may be the facebook link and twitter. If it is really anonymous then you must be too anonymous.
payyy

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:10:53 PM

No, of course no, the blockchain is 100% visible, and everybody can see your entire balance.
The only thing that is impossible, is just to know WHO is the real one who is managing that wallet, that is clearly impossible.
hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:48:45 PM

i think with creating a bot on bitcointalk you can find everyones username and adress and from there may be the facebook link and twitter. If it is really anonymous then you must be too anonymous.
The anonymous here I think is in the sense that the bitcoin owner will not leave any trace that other people can hunt for, which makes me really like bitcoin and invest in it. Bitcoin is giving the world a very different view of the cryptocurrency market and the practical applications that it can do are huge, not just a place to hide assets and speculation.
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:16:31 PM

Bitcoin is anonymous until nobody connects you with your bitcoin address. In that moment, all your transaction will be exposed.
Out to use multiple addresses, the best idea is to use a scramble.
In this case, it will be very difficult to catch you.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: