Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:44:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin really anonymous?  (Read 2002 times)
Blue Bell

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:01:54 AM

All the records are stored in the blockchain, and therefore Bitcoin can never be completely anonymous. That said, it is very difficult to trace Bitcoin users from the Blockchain log. It is next to impossible.

Bitcoin is anonymous I believe because it is very hard to trace. If it is not anonymous then we must  have control with the hackers who are stealing from other wallets. But not, we cannot do anything to get rid of them. Because they are sure that they are impossible to trace.
Well for me it is really nice feature of bitcoin if it is untraceable as we will have to think positive so we will see good for us in bitcoin, now  bitcoin is famous as currency and as investment as well, so in past everyone was aware of your saving and your money at home which was a bit as it was causing a lot of street robbing while after bitcoin no one can trace you after using your payment you can logout so no date will remain behind which is the reason why it is hard for all people to trace a bitcoin user.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dark Sky

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:20:31 AM

Bitcoin is anonymous until nobody connects you with your bitcoin address. In that moment, all your transaction will be exposed.
Out to use multiple addresses, the best idea is to use a scramble.
In this case, it will be very difficult to catch you.
Yes bitcoin is anonymous but who's care because everyone believe that it is trusted currency and everyone gets a lot of profit by its investment and that's why they earn a huge amount of money because bitcoin is very beneficial currency .

Aleth

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:00:08 AM

Bitcoin is not anonymous, because yiu can always tracebfrom the blockchain where it come from and when it did being transacted from that wallet. Even location can also be traced.
19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:37:05 AM

Bitcoin is not anonymous, because yiu can always tracebfrom the blockchain where it come from and when it did being transacted from that wallet. Even location can also be traced.
Yes it is true that all transactions can be on track but what if someone transfer bitcoin in internally, for example in xapo or coinbase we can make more than 1 wallet so if we accept then transfer it will be difficult to track.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

cherrymobile

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:49:38 AM

My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks Grin Grin
bitcoin nowadays is not anonymous at all cause we are all know that bitcoin and bitcoin news is spreading all over the world and every almost man in the world is know what bitcoin is. they know it cause they know how precious bitcoin is. bitcoin is the modern gold. if you have on you can be a rich. someday all of my working will pays off
abaharie

Activity: 114

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:05:37 AM

bitcoin is an anonymous ... because it can not be identified ownership of the bitcoin .. to prevent being detected by the radar you have to nenukarkan it gradually ...
randyg29

Activity: 330

http://www.daxico.com/

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:39:29 AM

I don't agree with that anymore because of it's popularity now that people get interested in participating to invest their money to it. It is not anonymous for me and as I see even some big company aso recognized bitcoin as a other way of making money to invest.

micheal34

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:50:49 AM

Bitcoin is not totally anonymous with the example you sighted when it as to do with spending of bitcoin offline identity are needed that is if you want to use it in a shop but online it is totally anonymous it can't be traced to anyone.
nurbay

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:53:40 AM

Bitcoin is not completely anonymous.
Bitcoin can be tracked who the wearer is and whenever to do the transaction.
It may be that the anonymous Bitcoin does not yet know in depth about Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is a digital currency that many people fear because it is anonymous. And if we see Bitcoin not anonymous, Bitcoin still has a definite identity.
19spawnfeed

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:43:08 PM

Bitcoin is not completely anonymous.
Bitcoin can be tracked who the wearer is and whenever to do the transaction.
It may be that the anonymous Bitcoin does not yet know in depth about Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is a digital currency that many people fear because it is anonymous. And if we see Bitcoin not anonymous, Bitcoin still has a definite identity.

Bitcoin are consider as anonymous through anyone can create a new and completely random Bitcoin address and the associated private key at any time, without the need to submit any personal information to anyone.

Bitcoin transaction data is transmitted and forwarded by nodes to a random set of nodes on the peer-to-peer network. While Bitcoin nodes do connect to each other using IP-addresses, it's not necessarily clear for nodes whether the transaction data they received was created by the node they connect to, or if that node merely forwarded that data.
Herbys

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:51:30 PM

How can Bitcoin be anonymous, if buying or investing requires the passage of KYC. I think that after going through at least once KYC the owner of Bitcoin is no longer anonymous.
sangungaji

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:13:39 PM

My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I think Bitcoin is not really anonymous. Bitcoin can be tracked who the wearer is and whenever to do the transaction. It is pseudo anonymous.
coolstory

Activity: 211

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:24:53 PM

It's not completely anonymous and we can't say one can't track your transactions when he looks at the blockchain. BTC's blockchain is transparent, there is no name but addresses are public totally.
bitcoinzen

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:54:09 PM

Bitcoin is absolutely anonymous identity they work underground even we don't know next person whom we are going to send funds it is built on anonymous away for central authority
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:55:41 PM

Its no more 100% anonymous as it was before, since when the regulations came into existence against BTC by the Governemnt now every average to big exchange requires your identity documents after which can you only trade/withdraw & once you provide it now your BTC public address or any other address of token is linked to your identity which can be easily traced by Government Official agency if they require due to AML or any other issues. So now your assets in form cryptocurrency can be tracked easily if they are linked with your identity in somehow any manner.
data_teks

Activity: 267
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:27:56 PM

Money transmission couldn’t be absolutely anonymous even if you use bitcoin, because you provide the information about the remitter and the payee. If your goal is to stay unknown and your transactions to be as anonymous as possible, then you should work with the currencies like Dash, Monero or you plenty of other coins for the alternative.
cryptojaani

Activity: 252
Merit: 71

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:29:29 PM

How can Bitcoin be anonymous, if buying or investing requires the passage of KYC. I think that after going through at least once KYC the owner of Bitcoin is no longer anonymous.
I think unlike bank accounts and other payment systems, the Bitcoin Address is not bound by the user identity at the protocol level. Anyone can create a new and completely random (and including private key) Bitcoin address at any time, without the need to submit any personal information to anyone
Tiktik

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:14:28 PM

Not totally because once we used our wallet address in a transaction it can see now in transaction history and as you said when the times that bitcoin converted into cash we must leave are identity but the good thing is we can create how many wallet address.
YzzyGo

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:24:27 PM

In some countries, like ours, if you try to withdraw a considerable amount of money (give or take US $10k for example), banks needs to pry into your business and your withdrawal can be reported to the government for possible criminal activity. I mean you're a basic salary man then you suddenly withdrew a large amount of money? It's their way of blocking criminals if ever.
PIR

Activity: 322

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:56:34 PM

Your identity will remain confidential only your transaction in bitcoin will remain visible so you there's nothing to worry about people behind this work know how to keep each one's personal information in tact and secret so that nothing will interfere or can leak on your information nor can they steal it or copy it.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |    DISCORD    |     TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: