Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:29:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: South Korea's Official position on not banning crypto trading -  (Read 107 times)
GoldBirding (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:58:59 AM

What do you guys think the domino effects are?

Will other countries follow suit?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ju5510993

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:22:46 AM

In the long run, the market will not be affected much. More importantly, they have also said in a special working group with the justice ministry and other key government agencies that they will continue to follow the regulatory roadmap. The government has little choice but to follow the regulatory framework of other major governments.
kingsters

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

I was quet but i was not blind

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:28:40 AM

i think its fake news its some team publish scam news for dump bitcoin value

By what team it is jam the his news now bitcoin rasine

Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:26:34 AM

I doubt very much any democratic country will ban Bitcoin or any crypto currency.  The genie is out of the bottle now.  Banning crypto will make crypto even more desirous and valuable.
cryptopolus

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:27:58 AM

As we know today, its not as bad as it seemed in the beginning. Its not fake news, because that minister did say those things, just it was his sole opinion. South Korea is also a very developed crypto country, so the possibility of banning trading totally was highly unlikely from the beginning. As for 2018 I do expect more countries will step up on regulations, and will try to make new laws to control ICOs and crypto trading.

I dont know if these things can be connected, but the news came right after it became "public" that North Korea is attacking South Korean exchanges and stealing big amount of cryptocurrencies. In th light of these news it does make certain sense, that they step up harder on exchanges and enforce stronger KYL AML policy.
shaun98

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:07:01 PM

Don't think many countries will follow suit. Many countries are already planning on outrightly banning crypto trading and some banks in certain countries have even threatened to freeze bank accounts of crypto traders.

yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:01:03 PM

What do you guys think the domino effects are?

Will other countries follow suit?
Most Aisan countries have declared Bitcoin illegal but that hasn't affected the price as a whole because they are not major players in the cryptocurrency world. But the likes of China, South Korea and Japan are major players and a ban there will have terrible consequences for everyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: