Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:18:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of Forks [updated 4/3/2018]  (Read 4314 times)
SergiOLa

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:28:37 PM

I do not think that even 70 percent of all forks available on exchangers. I do not understand why there are so many of them , if half are almost the same as Bitcoin itself..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:08:30 AM

BTCH merge fork is trading on https://www.coinexchange.io/market/BTCH/BTC
bubbagump

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:16:11 AM

This is sort of off-topic, but is anyone seeing any long term viability in any of these forks?  All I'm seeing is a bunch of cash grabs by riding the coat-tails of brand recognition.  Aside from BCH, I haven't even bothered claiming any of the other forks because I'm too lazy to spend time finding real wallets/exchanges for each of them and then sweeping keys to new wallets for each. and. every. shitcoin. knockoff...  Undecided
Big Naturals

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:48:09 AM

This is sort of off-topic, but is anyone seeing any long term viability in any of these forks?  All I'm seeing is a bunch of cash grabs by riding the coat-tails of brand recognition.  Aside from BCH, I haven't even bothered claiming any of the other forks because I'm too lazy to spend time finding real wallets/exchanges for each of them and then sweeping keys to new wallets for each. and. every. shitcoin. knockoff...  Undecided

Great issue to discuss imo!

I see mostly crap, scams and performance art going on with most of the forks, but a few are worth following.

My picks for 'interesting' forks so far would be

BCH
BTCH (bitcoin hush)
LBTC (lightning btc)
BTA (btc atom)

United Bitcoin UB, might end up doing something interesting, but so far plagued with stuff ups.

My take is after NEM experience ignoring  these forks is risky, a few might end up with genuine tech merit, or achieve network effects that give them longevity. Interested to hear other opinions.
HashFace (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:28:08 AM

This is sort of off-topic, but is anyone seeing any long term viability in any of these forks?  All I'm seeing is a bunch of cash grabs by riding the coat-tails of brand recognition.  Aside from BCH, I haven't even bothered claiming any of the other forks because I'm too lazy to spend time finding real wallets/exchanges for each of them and then sweeping keys to new wallets for each. and. every. shitcoin. knockoff...  Undecided

Great issue to discuss imo!

I see mostly crap, scams and performance art going on with most of the forks, but a few are worth following.

My picks for 'interesting' forks so far would be

BCH
BTCH (bitcoin hush)
LBTC (lightning btc)
BTA (btc atom)

United Bitcoin UB, might end up doing something interesting, but so far plagued with stuff ups.

My take is after NEM experience ignoring  these forks is risky, a few might end up with genuine tech merit, or achieve network effects that give them longevity. Interested to hear other opinions.

I agree with this.  It looks to me like about 20-30% never make it past the announcement stage.  Then half the ones that actually do launch never get much traction, don’t get listed, and are life-support.  I would not be surprised if 80-90% of these are dead, or effectively dead, in a year. 

My guess for the survivors will be BCH, BTG, LBTC, BTA, EtherZero, Litecoin Cash, and Bitcoin Private, just because they are getting some hype at this stage.  The vast majority of the rest don’t seem to have much interest. 
Big Naturals

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:22:06 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2018, 04:37:32 AM by Big Naturals

I agree with this.  It looks to me like about 20-30% never make it past the announcement stage.  Then half the ones that actually do launch never get much traction, don’t get listed, and are life-support.  I would not be surprised if 80-90% of these are dead, or effectively dead, in a year.  

My guess for the survivors will be BCH, BTG, LBTC, BTA, EtherZero, Litecoin Cash, and Bitcoin Private, just because they are getting some hype at this stage.  The vast majority of the rest don’t seem to have much interest.  

The fork phenomenon is a great test tube for crypto experimentation, it's a great way to distribute coins, and given all the heartache projects like NXT and NEM went through to distribute their tokens, and all the criticism ripple gets over XRP, I think airdrops, forks and now merge forks are smart way to distribute without needing PoW or ICO

I think BTCH has done something really quite cool, they got the idea of merge forks initially from bitcoin private, but added significantly to the idea by just combining the utxo sets from the 3 merged coins (btc DEX Hush), so they start with a chain of only 250mb, not massive like bitcoin private which must be close to 200 gb, plus BTCH has bitcoin level security through delayed PoW used by Komodo asset chains. It's pretty cool stuff, even if they just did it to show off the Komodo tech, and if a few bitcoin whales start claiming, who knows, it gives them access to a Z-cash clone with easy p2p trading on BarterDEX.

The other one I like best is BTA which has atomic swaps built in from the get go.

I haven't reaĺy checked out EtherZero, thanks for the tip!
CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:49:36 PM
Merited by HashFace (1)

Today i found and new fork. This time it is a new Litecoin fork and you can put it on your list.  Smiley

LITECOIN PRIVATE - LTC fork /w Privacy and Smart Contracts.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3025236.0
https://litecoinprivate.co/
HashFace (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:57:15 AM

Today i found and new fork. This time it is a new Litecoin fork and you can put it on your list.  Smiley

LITECOIN PRIVATE - LTC fork /w Privacy and Smart Contracts.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3025236.0
https://litecoinprivate.co/

I just saw this one was coming to add it, but I'm going to list it under the "excluded" section for now because it doesn't appear to be a true fork.  It looks like it will be an airdrop that is claimable for a limited time by Litecoin holders at a TBA block height.
andytherbg

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

what bag are you shilling?

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 03:36:10 AM

wow good work on the list

forkdrop

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 10:16:51 PM

At https://forkdrop.io we just rolled out a large upgrade that is tracking exchanges that traded in these forks (including KYC, fees, and coins supported for deposit) and also upgrades the table interactivity for sorting through and comparing.

The current counts are:

57 bitcoin forks/airdrops
11 altcoin forks/airdrops
12 historic forks/airdrops
46 coin exchanges listed
HashFace (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:33:17 PM

Updated:  Added Ethereum Crystal.  Also moved United Bitcoin and Bitcoin Nano to the excluded list, because they don't appear to be true forks, and have a limited claiming "period".  They may be good projects, but I want the main list to be a list of coins that are perpetually "claimable".  I also updated Bitcoin Private with the newly announced fork block height.

eance

Activity: 402
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:07:33 AM

Great work, lets add also dead, scam forks here so ppl won't get scam.
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:12:56 AM

Too many forks. If you are looking for some extra profits by joining those forks would be good but the risk of giving your private key is just insane and might lead to hack. Maybe there are other way to find out if the fork was legit? Any suggestions?
ethereumnews

Activity: 150

PM me for posting ANN.

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:15:01 PM

Bitcoin LiteBTCL??-1:1

BTCL is an ERC20 token.
HashFace (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:59:07 PM

There are actually two projects using "Bitcoin Lite", as you pointed out, the ERC 20 token that launched in the wake of the eBTC madness ... and this one http://www.bitcoinlite.us which claims to be a hardfork with it's own block chain.  And they are both claiming the ticker BTCL.  This one might be dead, though.  Their launch countdown timer ran to zero weeks ago and no further developments seem to have been made.  
CryptoSpoon

Activity: 5
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 06:52:44 AM

ABitcoin seems to be an airdrop, not a "real" fork.

Source: https://www.abitcoin.one/notice-en.html#/abtc-final
HashFace (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:45:58 PM

ABitcoin seems to be an airdrop, not a "real" fork.

Source: https://www.abitcoin.one/notice-en.html#/abtc-final

Thank you.  I will move it to the "Excluded" section for the next update. 
HashFace (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:07:46 PM

Weekend Update.

Added "Ethereum Inc", which claims to be a 1:1 fork.  Added Bitcoin Classic (BCL) which lists the same ticker as Bitcoin Lunar.  It also seems to be confused with BitClassic (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3095296.0), which I posted last week.  Not sure what is going on with these two.  It's not an impressive announcement so this may not be a serious project.

Also, move Abitcoin to the excluded list because it has a limited claim period.  

The Bitvote block explore came back online, so I'm removing the "reported dead" tag from that one.

And, Bitcoin Private was added to Coin Market Cap this week, so that one is looking more legit.  
TalkBitcoinsCom

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:33:09 PM

hey guys, anyone ever used that github fork claimer tool thingy? https://github.com/ymgve/bitcoin_fork_claimer

i'm thinking about moving my BTC to another wallet and giving this a try, but would love to hear some feedback first (hopefully good?!)
KingKrypto

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:35:27 PM

A lot of crappy forks are on the way. Soon enough we will end up with 100.000 coins and only 1% of the projects being actually worth your time and money.
There is a desperate need of a filter...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: