Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:02:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Power Ledger now backed by Australian federal government  (Read 692 times)
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:20:40 AM

I rarely buy for FOMO, but I'm not going to lie. I heavily invested in this when the SMH posted the article. Luckily I got in at 6000sats  Roll Eyes Tongue
You're so lucky dude, but i've participated in the ico and i still hold my power ledger token. The ico price was 0.08 and this time the price over $0.8 this is very good return for me. As the AU already announced that the power ledger to be the first crypto project backed by the government and this will become so big.

This was probably the reason why Power Ledger shoots very high in the past few days. Being backed by the Australian Government is a pretty good assurance that the coin is legitimate and will move forward. Unlike other coins that will probably die because of the absence of very little backers, Power Ledger is not going to end up that way. There is already a strong foundation with such solid backing.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 03:54:43 AM

We gotta agree power ledger is a brilliant idea

Energy trading, is just awesome
Meaning people will start to produce energy to generate profit instead of just using energy

With backed up by authorities, it gonna be huge
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:58:47 PM

You could once register for ICO but i was late.

I bought it on Cryptopia for 16 cents.

The devs for Power Ledger are well known in australia.

Good news for those who have an interest in Power Ledger, as this article explains the federal Australian government have bough into the project which is the first crypto / blockchain foray ever in  Australia to be backed by the federal government.

I know many other companies are watching this project with very keen eyes.

Turnbull government invests in cryptocurrency-based company for the first time

<a href="http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/turnbull-government-invests-in-cryptocurrencybased-company-for-the-first-time-20171121-gzplb4.html">Turnbull government invests in cryptocurrency-based company for the first time</a>

this is BIG!!! for Australia and blockchain tech / crypto.

Where did they buy tokens from?  From developers of from exchanges. Is super silly if they bought them way experiencing from exchanges after pump if they could get them in ICO.

LOL You posted that Australian government bought Powerledger coins. I asked you where they buy them. You started answering where you bought them. Come on.   Now is official. it was fake news. Same as Thai and Indian company interesting to cooperate. This fake news was just made by pump group to pump the token.

I would stay away from this token. if Dev team is not part of pumping there are holders.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:10:59 PM

All these fake news flying around, this is similar to the NEO news some weeks back, I really don't know who is planting them, that is why you buy the rumour and sell the news

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
uartasic (OP)

Activity: 177
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:43:22 PM

WTF are you talking about?

My explanation is pretty clear and in plain english however i get the strong feeling around here people just read what they want to read or dont know what they are reading and spout crap.

The government did not buy the tokens they are backing the project by investing, there is a difference.

One thing is patently clear, i know what i am talking about, YOU CLEARLY DONT.

Members arent fooled by peoples member ranking around here given how easily they can be bought so i take your assumed Legendary status with a grain of salt, besides you dont act like your ranking suggests. Alot to be said for that system.

If you dont like PL thats fine go and buy some cut-copy-paste coin like Bitshit Copper / Ruby or Silver or what ever unjustifiable clone coin is out there.

PL holders will have the last laugh over those types of coins/tokens/clones.

You could once register for ICO but i was late.

I bought it on Cryptopia for 16 cents.

The devs for Power Ledger are well known in australia.

Good news for those who have an interest in Power Ledger, as this article explains the federal Australian government have bough into the project which is the first crypto / blockchain foray ever in  Australia to be backed by the federal government.

I know many other companies are watching this project with very keen eyes.

Turnbull government invests in cryptocurrency-based company for the first time

<a href="http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/turnbull-government-invests-in-cryptocurrencybased-company-for-the-first-time-20171121-gzplb4.html">Turnbull government invests in cryptocurrency-based company for the first time</a>

this is BIG!!! for Australia and blockchain tech / crypto.

Where did they buy tokens from?  From developers of from exchanges. Is super silly if they bought them way experiencing from exchanges after pump if they could get them in ICO.

LOL You posted that Australian government bought Powerledger coins. I asked you where they buy them. You started answering where you bought them. Come on.   Now is official. it was fake news. Same as Thai and Indian company interesting to cooperate. This fake news was just made by pump group to pump the token.

I would stay away from this token. if Dev team is not part of pumping there are holders.

Crypto Vest coin fan \ Alt-Coin Blockchain Assembler \ BTC faithful \ POWR faithful
kanmo

Activity: 458
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:25:55 AM

Woow, this is indeed a good news because the support of the Australian government will make the coin go very high in value. Apart from the Australian news I also give credit to the team behind the project.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:34:44 PM

The government did not buy the tokens they are backing the project by investing, there is a difference.

Yes. Any link to prove your statement so you dont just bla bla like was the Indian and the Thai deal .  Thank you in advance.
uartasic (OP)

Activity: 177
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:26:28 AM

Yes. Any link to prove your statement so you dont just bla bla like was the Indian and the Thai deal .  Thank you in advance.

because using google is so hard...?

https://www.smartcompany.com.au/startupsmart/news-analysis/power-ledger-receives-part-8-million-government-grant-fremantle-blockchain-energy-project/

Announced this week, the energy trading business joined other recipients, including Curtin University, Murdoch University, CSIRO/Data61, and CISCO with the funding used to trial a blockchain-powered distributed energy and water system in the Fremantle. The government will directly contribute $2.57 million in funding with the additional $5.68 million funded through the project’s partners.

Along with rolling out a trial program, the project will be looking into how cities can effectively use blockchain technologies to moderate energy and water usage. Additionally, the storage and distribution of power will be done through a “community-owned battery”, which Power Ledger co-founder Jemma Green says one part of the company’s part of the grant will go towards purchasing.

“Power Ledger has received $1.3 million from the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, and part of those proceeds will go towards purchasing a battery, and part of it will be used to fund the development of the application platform,” she says.

Power Ledger completed its raise of $34 million via one of Australia’s first successful initial coin offerings in October, issuing 540 million POWR tokens to participants who contributed digital currencies such as Ethereum or Bitcoin.

As for the India deal, it is has been done through Tech Mahindra

http://reneweconomy.com.au/tech-mahindra-power-ledger-unite-unleash-power-maas-36970/

Crypto Vest coin fan \ Alt-Coin Blockchain Assembler \ BTC faithful \ POWR faithful
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:06:27 AM

because using google is so hard...?

https://www.smartcompany.com.au/startupsmart/news-analysis/power-ledger-receives-part-8-million-government-grant-fremantle-blockchain-energy-project/

“Power Ledger has received $1.3 million from the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, and part of those proceeds will go towards purchasing a battery, and part of it will be used to fund the development of the application platform,” she says.

As for the India deal, it is has been done through Tech Mahindra

http://reneweconomy.com.au/tech-mahindra-power-ledger-unite-unleash-power-maas-36970/

You started this thread without any link to prove it. Usually you fill OP with information's about what you are talking about and not tell people to google up. We can use google when we are not on this forum.

Now I see that Australian  Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet spend $1.3 millions for some batteries or something.  It is interesting source. That is what I was wondering who would do it. I speculated Ministry of Industry. But a Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet is a total surprise.    I will try to find more information's about it.  $1.3 millions is a lot of money.

Last article is 3 months old. Tweet about sighing a deal at diner was one or two weeks ago. And promised announcement on Monday. That never happen, since it was last Monday.
boonsterx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:19:09 AM

http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/turnbull-government-invests-in-cryptocurrencybased-company-for-the-first-time-20171121-gzplb4.html

This recent article in The Sydney Morning Herald on Nov 22nd is probably the most credible article about the support by Australian Government.

"Angus Taylor, the Assistant Minister for Cities and Digital Transformation, on Friday awarded the government's second largest grant in its Smart Cities and Suburbs program to a project partly run by Power Ledger the first Australian company to list itself on digital currency exchanges.

The $8.6 million push, which will combine $2.6 million in federal government grants with further funding from local council, will go towards a project run by Perth-based company Power Ledger in partnership with Curtin University, Murdoch University, the CSIRO and eight others.

The price of the company's tokens doubled from 46 US cents to 79 US cents following the announcement, driven by trades on the increasing legitimacy of the ascendant market through federal government investment."

Of course this does not mean that PowerLedger will definitely succeed but with the government support, the probability of success is much greater.  Grin

iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:39:16 AM

Saying it is backed by the Federal Government is a mistake, it received a Federal Government Grant. But it looks very promising as Australian energy markets are expensive through poor regulation at the state level and people being able to trade solar capacity makes a lot of sense.

PowerSEOService

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:32:40 PM

The government just funded the starting up of the project. The good thing is that we can see now the ICO`s money in real investment and software development in real life since they already have their product implemented.
You can read more : https://medium.com/power-ledger/power-ledger-p2p-platform-goes-across-the-meter-with-bcpg-at-t77-precinct-bangkok-62df5aba3d0a
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:15:46 AM

Power Ledger is good for trading, because I also use HODL power ledgers at Bittrex and Binance.
The total supply is 1,000,000,000 but I am sure that the Power Ledger will be a good altcoins for the future.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: