Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:30:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC of bounty hunters  (Read 6890 times)
duyduc256

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:24:00 PM

I think this should happen because KYC certification will help bounty hunters earn better salaries and avoid having multiple accounts when participating in projects. For me will take a long time to apply this because most of the bounty do not require KYC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeusUnh

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:27:56 PM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.
I think that this is a bad approach - the main thing is the fact of the work done, and not the identity of the one who did it.
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:51:39 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 03:44:56 PM by zikabra

I'm not sure what the difference is between a bounty and a sig campaign, but I wouldn't trust any of them with my information.   If campaigns ever start asking for identification, that'll be the end of it for me.  As the member above said, that shit could easily wind up on the dark web--you just never know.  

What IS the difference between bounties and campaigns, anyway?
There isn't any, it's just called bounty for unknown reason.
For example, I will wear signature until ICO ends and then I will receive erc20 tokens as reward. You will wear your signature until ICO ends and you will receive erc20 tokens + bitcoins.
If project become big and as they are giving 2-5% of total token supply to "bounty pool(signature campaign/twitter/blog/reddit/else)" that reward might worth lots money or might worth nothing at all, that is only difference.
As I can see from some posts here, I am not sure why KYC is required to receive tokens for signature.

it was just the matter of time, for for projects using bounty bonuses to use kyc for the bounty hunters. This is in one part because of the legislation on how you pay a servic and then accounting department having problems and in the other part free potential customers data and also protection of multiple bounty accounts of just one person. Crypto scene entering mainstream.
They are sending tokens to people who didn't invest money. These people didn't buy tokens, tokens were given to them as reward for wearing signature so why would anyone give ID to receive reward?

I would strongly suggest to everyone not to participate in such campaigns, and campaigns which change rules AFTER bounty ends to "KYC required" if that wasn't stated during bounty and ICO to open scam accusation against such users/projects.
You don't know for what they will use bounty hunter ID's, they can easily use it to commit crime.

Trust no one. Don't share your private information online. Even 10 year old kid know that.
dlhezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:55:37 PM

KYC for bounty hunters is not fair. bounty hunters are not a costumer to perform a KYC process. "Know Your Costumer" we (bounty hunters) are just paying for what we have done to their projects so why do they implement a KYC to us (bounty hunters) hope more bounty hunters are agree with me, lets voice it out.
billykannithi

Activity: 330
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:05:55 PM

It is unreasonable because the bounty hunter is the decider for the success of the project without them the project will certainly be very difficult to succeed. I think KYC certification for bounty hunters should not happen because all bounty hunters want to be anonymous when making money.
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:07:30 PM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.

I support this. Because there are so many people that opens many accounts and join the campaigns with multi accounts. Now they will have to issue an id card for each and it will be harder for them to make it.

turn the page
rammanbl4

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:29:26 PM

I totally agree with it since nowadays some governments of different countries just want to prevent the usage of money in illegal transactions and also this is to prevent bot accounts. For me, it is necessary and if we will disagree with it meaning theres a problem with us.
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 07:15:58 PM

this is a bad trend. Many will not be able to receive a reward because they learned about KYS at the end of the bounty.
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:21:34 PM

Having KYC in crypto, it could only lead from losing it's nature of being anonymous because it really needs to comply it's identity verification before we can received our rewards. Though it is the way to protect from scam people but it's a also a big effect to cryptoworld development.
Golstrim

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:27:32 PM

On the one hand it will help to avoid users with multi account,  but I am negative about it because I can't trust to third parties and send them my personal data. Moreover in crypto world anonymity is a key factor, most of us are into it due to this reason. So what is the sense to collect money via ETH and then ask us about documents?!

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█
Hammerman

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:31:02 PM

This is a good way to reduce the number of multi-accounts in the bounty. But this method has no legal basis. Bounty hunters are not investors. It seems to me that in this way the developers consciously reduce the budget of the campaign bounty. Nobody wants to pay more. Many campaigns last for several months and the situation on the market during this period.
umar22pk

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 07:36:35 PM

It’s not a positive trend KYC for crypto??? If it is necessary then it will be mention on the joining form at the start of ICO’S or bounties whatever, no one will be bothered to join that campaign.
It is not fair that one person is working for an ICO & at the end he will asked for KYC & will not be able to receive his /her money without KYC.
Dimedroll

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:42:20 PM

More often KYC documentation is requested by banks, brokerage houses, registration agents or legal companies, audit firms, financial intermediaries. And it's good for ecosystem crypto)

Know Your Customer
negamus

Activity: 245

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 08:11:59 PM

I would never give my information to all those companies, it is sick, i would never give it just for a little $100 or $200 a month, it is insane. That is very sensitive information, you need to provide your ID's, your passports, and a lot of other stuff, it would be a waste of time.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
PetrovichCoinMaster

Activity: 224
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:54:27 PM

I believe that the company before the bounty should declare that the necessary of KYC. Only differently- you are involved 1-2 months in the bounty and at the end they inform you that we need KYC. It's not fair on the part of the developers, as they put before the fact.
27_Mikhail_27

Activity: 504

A New Exchange Era

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:56:26 PM

In general, this is an interesting question, which also worries me. First, verification contradicts the basic principles of the crypto currency. Secondly, the payment for a participation in the bounty is insignificant (in comparison with participation in the ICO). Probably, this is the influence of the authorities. Or protection against cunning people using multi-accounts.

pacifiko

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:00:02 PM

It's bad. I don't want give all my information in cryptocurrency world. A lot of crooks in this fields. Ins, gladius. This becomes a trend.
melamiras

Activity: 230
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:39:05 PM

Avoid, new precedent trying to be set, the more people the give in, then you'll have to give you info out for every single airdropped/bounty out there.

The best thing you can do if you're reading this, is to not give in to these new information whores, who are more than likely to flip your IDs on the darkweb for a profit.

You are quite right. The KYC is really scary. What I do is to put a text, transparent, over the pictures and documents I send. It is not obvious but it is there and contains the date and the ico I send it to. If it goes anywhere at least it is traceable.
melamiras

Activity: 230
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:41:14 PM

It's bad. I don't want give all my information in cryptocurrency world. A lot of crooks in this fields. Ins, gladius. This becomes a trend.

I have not followed INS or Gladius. What has happened with these ICOs? Have there been problems with the ID´s or anything like that? If so, I want to keep track of the names of the team and advisors, as they are not ever getting a dollar from this one.
medsi2

Activity: 502
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:43:56 PM

NO,

Giving such documents and information to not official entity, it is dangerous. What if they sold them in the deep web? what if they use it for illecite purpose?
If I were you, I would think twice before giving those infos everywhere.

I hope you read this post and take care of your identity

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: