Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:41:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU)  (Read 35228 times)
octominer

Activity: 248
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 05:58:31 AM

just could not get windows to cooperate with more than two 1080ti's for some reason.

what problem were you having? Mine works fine for a couple hours then locks up on desktop. Can't move mouse, rdp, nicehash disconnects.. i have to reset it... works a few hours then same thing again

We have not encountered the lockup issues ourself when testing. Can you let me know what PSU and GPU's you are running?
You can also try changing the following settings in BIOS :
Bios > Advanced tab > CSM configuration > set CSM to disabled > Back to top level of bios > Chipset tab > North Bridge Configuration > Graphics Configuration > Aperature Size > Set to 2048 > Save and reboot

Let me know of the results.

currently using an evga 1000w and 3 x 1080ti running at 65% power. i will try the bios settings as well as different cards tomorrow

OK, shouldn't be a power issue then.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SirNut

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:14:21 AM

Octominer has yet to reply to my request for this information, so could someone who has this board please send me a simple drawing of its mounting hole locations.

Thanks!
Rich

I'll see if I can trace out the mounting holes with measurements. We'll be in the market for a frame if you can make one to fit this motherboard. Smiley

I just sent you a pm with a tracing + measurements for the mounting holes.
Thank  you!  Coming soon...

http://www.spotswoodcomputercases.com/images/mining/Octominer/Octominer%20w%20board%20angle.png

http://www.spotswoodcomputercases.com/images/mining/Octominer/Octominer%20w%20rig.png

Spotswood, where do you order the material for building rig frames?
tavogl

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:30:23 AM

Octominer has yet to reply to my request for this information, so could someone who has this board please send me a simple drawing of its mounting hole locations.

Thanks!
Rich

I'll see if I can trace out the mounting holes with measurements. We'll be in the market for a frame if you can make one to fit this motherboard. Smiley

I just sent you a pm with a tracing + measurements for the mounting holes.
Thank  you!  Coming soon...

http://www.spotswoodcomputercases.com/images/mining/Octominer/Octominer%20w%20board%20angle.png

http://www.spotswoodcomputercases.com/images/mining/Octominer/Octominer%20w%20rig.png

I was thinking of asking the same thing.
CryptoDocker

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:00:51 AM

The Spotswood case looks good. I had one for my Gridseed miners many moons ago nice and easy to assemble.

I actually like my Octominer case but would definitely prefer the less noisy fans if it was an option in Feb batch
crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:27:20 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 11:45:30 AM by crazydane

Could this be it?

https://8020.net/shop/20-2020.html

Jbh129

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:35:31 AM

I replaced the 7 deltas with gentle typhoons in order to make the rig suitable for in the house. I am currently running 2 1080ti founders editions, 2 1070ti founders editions and a 1070ti mini. Temps are 60 or below on all cards and the rig is pulling 880w at the wall. I am very happy with this setup now that the fans are quieter.

P.S. Octominer, please do not cut the cables on the deltas in future batches. I would have preferred to have the option of using pwm control rather than just a Molex connection.  I would also recommend a grill above or below the psu mounting location to provide for better air flow to the psu.
SirNut

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:25:07 PM

Could this be it?

https://8020.net/shop/20-2020.html

Yeah it does. I wonder where the best place to order in bulk is, or if its just these guys
quick1unc

Activity: 289
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:49:12 PM

Any place other than direct from Octominer that you guys have seen the boards available. I know I can order the case from them as it’s in stock but debating as $275 is a good chunk for a case. Was gonna buy a Spotswood frame and use a rosewill l4500 but haven’t been able to get a response on whether he has them in stock. Any other good closed case options?
bnoll84

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:11:14 PM

just could not get windows to cooperate with more than two 1080ti's for some reason.

what problem were you having? Mine works fine for a couple hours then locks up on desktop. Can't move mouse, rdp, nicehash disconnects.. i have to reset it... works a few hours then same thing again

We have not encountered the lockup issues ourself when testing. Can you let me know what PSU and GPU's you are running?
Bios > Advanced tab > CSM configuration > set CSM to disabled > Back to top level of bios > Chipset tab > North Bridge Configuration > Graphics Configuration > Aperature Size > Set to 2048 > Save and reboot

no luck. also reinstalled windows and swapped cards. its doing it about every 10 mins now. Screen just freezes, no reboot, no errors. I have to cycle power
octominer

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 02:16:50 AM

no luck. also reinstalled windows and swapped cards. its doing it about every 10 mins now. Screen just freezes, no reboot, no errors. I have to cycle power

We contacted "bnoll84" regarding sending him a new replacement motherboard.
tavogl

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:52:00 AM

I replaced the 7 deltas with gentle typhoons in order to make the rig suitable for in the house. I am currently running 2 1080ti founders editions, 2 1070ti founders editions and a 1070ti mini. Temps are 60 or below on all cards and the rig is pulling 880w at the wall. I am very happy with this setup now that the fans are quieter.

P.S. Octominer, please do not cut the cables on the deltas in future batches. I would have preferred to have the option of using pwm control rather than just a Molex connection.  I would also recommend a grill above or below the psu mounting location to provide for better air flow to the psu.

That looks like it. Now to figure out some measurements! awesome find thx.
cloudhax

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:52:21 PM

for me, I was using 1080tis with the octominer ATX psu.   I first installed Windows with just 1 card installed and everything was fine.  installed a couple more cards, everything was good.   then when I tried with 4 or 5 1080ti's and a 1050ti, windows was having trouble.   first it wouldn't recognize the additional cards.  then after a lot of reboots and re-installing nvidia drivers I managed to get it to see all 6 cards but windows was busted - when it booted it would just flicker the screen off and on roughly every 1 second, and any application or program you open would disappear when the screen blanked.

so then I thought windows was just trying to initialize all the cards and drivers so I let it sit like that for an hour and came back and it was still just flickering and unusable.  I tried re-installing windows several times, same results.  gave up and moved on to HiveOS, and I have had zero problems since.    
quick1unc

Activity: 289
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:08:46 PM

Just ordered the case and ssd from their site, just gotta find a motherboard somewhere. Got a Corsair ax1600i and 8 1070ti’s on the way as well as 7 Noctua nf-f12 industrial fans to replace the ones the case comes with.
octominer

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 01:16:51 AM

How are the sound levels now with the gentle typhoon fans? Also how are the temps compared to the Deltas?

Jbh129

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:29:31 AM

How are the sound levels now with the gentle typhoon fans? Also how are the temps compared to the Deltas?

My house was 77F today because of the February heatwave in Boston. I don’t have a sound meter, but the GTs change the sound of the case from unbearable to gentle white noise (IMO). I previously used these GTs for a water cooled setup, so I knew that the noise wouldn’t bother me. Another anecdotal point to note is that the rig has been running in my dining room (right next to the kitchen) and I have not heard one complaint from my wife since I switched the fans. With the deltas running, my family wouldn’t eat in the kitchen till I shut it down. I have seen a 3-5 degree temperature difference between the fans with my setup of 2x 1080ti and 3x 1070ti. Once my server closet is finished, I will see whether an insulated wall makes the deltas bearable.

P.S. There are many reviews showing the performance vs sound characteristics of GTs. I wouldn’t say that they are the best, but they are consistently at the top in water-cooling because of their ability to move air through restricted spaces with relatively lower noise
octominer

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 03:32:51 AM

My house was 77F today because of the February heatwave in Boston. I don’t have a sound meter, but the GTs change the sound of the case from unbearable to gentle white noise (IMO). I previously used these GTs for a water cooled setup, so I knew that the noise wouldn’t bother me. Another anecdotal point to note is that the rig has been running in my dining room (right next to the kitchen) and I have not heard one complaint from my wife since I switched the fans. With the deltas running, my family wouldn’t eat in the kitchen till I shut it down. I have seen a 3-5 degree temperature difference between the fans with my setup of 2x 1080ti and 3x 1070ti. Once my server closet is finished, I will see whether an insulated wall makes the deltas bearable.

P.S. There are many reviews showing the performance vs sound characteristics of GTs. I wouldn’t say that they are the best, but they are consistently at the top in water-cooling because of their ability to move air through restricted spaces with relatively lower noise

Great. Thanks for the feedback.
The Gentle Typhoon is a discontinued fan model, do you know what is the current alternative for it?
octominer

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 09:34:35 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 10:01:19 AM by octominer

Due to PayPals limitations we do not accept payment with Paypal anymore. Paypal froze our account, and told us they do not support the sales of cryptocurrency mining equipment. They froze all our funds on our paypal account til May. Sad
Has anybody experienced something like this with Paypal?

We accept Crypto payment only from now!
papilyn

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:30:04 AM

any future plan for to sell gpu with the actominer pack?

Jbh129

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:59:46 PM

Due to PayPals limitations we do not accept payment with Paypal anymore. Paypal froze our account, and told us they do not support the sales of cryptocurrency mining equipment. They froze all our funds on our paypal account til May. Sad

You should speak to them and ask for the terms and conditions that they claim were violated. They have no issue participating in sales of computer hardware, so they should be fine with your business. You may have to update your website to downplay mining and/or also mention use for more generic computing tasks.  Another option to consider is opening an eBay, Newegg or Amazon store. You would have to increase costs a bit to offset the fees, but it could greatly expand your customer base. Lastly, you could consider wholesaling to one or more stores.
octominer

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 03:16:35 PM

You should speak to them and ask for the terms and conditions that they claim were violated. They have no issue participating in sales of computer hardware, so they should be fine with your business. You may have to update your website to downplay mining and/or also mention use for more generic computing tasks.  Another option to consider is opening an eBay, Newegg or Amazon store. You would have to increase costs a bit to offset the fees, but it could greatly expand your customer base. Lastly, you could consider wholesaling to one or more stores.

Yes, we are in the process. We actually plan to have Amazon FBA for our motherboards from the end of March.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: