Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:43:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First Decentralized RPG - Looking to put together a team  (Read 96 times)
OriginTrain (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:05:18 AM

I'd like to make a very simple RPG (similar in simplicity to cryptokitties) but with a levelling and item system. The idea would be a simple map with blocks. An external site can render the blocks into a more visual map if the player wants but at the core these blocks would just be an x,y coordinate system of numbers on the blockchain, or a matrix. Each block would contain data on the players and monsters present, their stats and any objects.  When two entities enter into the same block an interaction would occur (such as a player with a pickaxe entering into an ore node would give an option for mining). A player entering into a block with a monster would automatically trigger a fight. Or two players entering the same block may have an option to attack, or automatically attack if the player has an autoattack option enabled.

The idea is to keep this project as simple as possible in scope without getting too ambitious. Ambitious projects have huge time delays and often fail. The RPG should rather be a simple proof-of-concept of the first 100% decentralized RPG on the blockchain (there would be no central storage or central manipulation possible anywhere after the initial game world and rules are created). Players might be able to buy items with ETH/Token currency and loot these items from other players, or acquire them naturally from ore nodes and simple crafting. An incentive for free players to play against paying players would be that all players drop their items on death, including any game tokens they're holding as currency. Players wanting to keep their game tokens in a safe place can easily transfer their tokens out of the game world and into their own ERC-20 compatible wallet for safe storage when it's not being used as a currency (but rather for holding, or real world trading).

I'll need the following volunteers to join the team. Our motivation shouldn't be profit but this might come as the project progresses. Our main goal will be to create the first fully decentralized Proof-Of-Concept RPG.

1) Experienced Smart Contract Developer - 2 Positions open.
2) Graphic Artist - 1 Position open.
3) Donators

This is just an idea in my head at this stage, no whitepaper or anything. If I can put together a team I'll create a proper whitepaper. I'm willing to fund this project and invest in it with my own money as well. My experience is mostly in game design and storytelling, with a little programming. I tried launching a more ambitious project before (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2193056) but realized that blockchain tech is not yet ready for a project of large scale such as that. Cryptokitties has demonstrated the limitation of smart contracts currently, and so our scope should be aimed for something not much more complex than that. We should start with a Proof-Of-Concept minimalist RPG, and from there we can progress. The blockchain could be either a Smart-Contract enabled layer of Bitcoin, or Ethereum. We can always migrate to another blockchain later if they can demonstrate a higher TX/s with identical smart contract capabilities, along with a token swap. But this is all long term forward thinking, for now - we must put together a team for the Proof-Of-Concept!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: