Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:14:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please, I need help badly with Bitstamp.net  (Read 147 times)
BitstampNuru12 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:33:02 PM

I have set up a Bitstamp account.  I then have to Submit Verification Request with my drivers license front and back and a utility bill, all nicely scanned 300 dpi or greater.

So I did this, but when I click the button Submit Verification Request, it always says, Choose one of the options at the top right of the screen.  I emailed them but they never got back to me.

Is there any other way I can tell what is going on with my account?

I have no idea why there is a popup that says choose one of the options.

It's a simple process to fill out the form and click Submit Verification Request.  ??

I just sent an open ticket about the troubles to Bitstamp and I enclosed the three files of images and I asked them to verify me.  Hopefully, this will help.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rei_m

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:41:38 PM

I have set up a Bitstamp account.  I then have to Submit Verification Request with my drivers license front and back and a utility bill, all nicely scanned 300 dpi or greater.

So I did this, but when I click the button Submit Verification Request, it always says, Choose one of the options at the top right of the screen.  I emailed them but they never got back to me.

Is there any other way I can tell what is going on with my account?

I have no idea why there is a popup that says choose one of the options.

It's a simple process to fill out the form and click Submit Verification Request.  ??

I just sent an open ticket about the troubles to Bitstamp and I enclosed the three files of images and I asked them to verify me.  Hopefully, this will help.

Have you tried doing it with a different browser? Can't remember having a problem when I did it last year. I used Chrome.
BitstampNuru12 (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:43:41 PM

Hi, I'm using Chrome.

Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit) - I'm on Linux, should I try Windows instead?
BitstampNuru12 (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:56:56 PM

I've now tried the same thing on Windows 10.  It's the same behavior - a popup says "Please select one of these options" and there is a little arrow but the little arrow doesn't point to any options.
rei_m

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:15:32 PM

Are you sure you're on Bitsamp? This should be your verification url -> https://www.bitstamp.net/account/verify/personal/
Good luck with getting a response from them. Apparently they're processing over 100k account registrations a day -> https://twitter.com/nejc_kodric/status/941956310341423104
BitstampNuru12 (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:19:05 PM

Are you sure you're on Bitsamp? This should be your verification url -> https://www.bitstamp.net/account/verify/personal/
Good luck with getting a response from them. Apparently they're processing over 100k account registrations a day -> https://twitter.com/nejc_kodric/status/941956310341423104

Yes, I'm on the same URL you give above.  This is bizarre.  When something like this happens, I might go to another screen and look for something but I don't have IOS or Android phone, I have Windows.  There isn't much else I can do right now except wait but I have a feeling it might be months of waiting if it's 100,000 new accounts a day.
rei_m

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:51:38 PM

I doubt it's the OS. Sorry I can't be of any further help.
Perhaps upload a screenshot of your screen to dropbox or imgur and share the link. Perhaps someone else on the forum might be able to assist...
BitstampNuru12 (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:16:32 PM

When I get a chance, I'll load up a screenshot but before that, does anyone know if I'm allowed to have an account and choose NOT to use two-factor authentication.  I plan to add this but I haven't done it yet.  Is it necessary or just a "nice-to-have".  I'm just trying to see if information on a completely different screen is somehow affecting the Verification screen I'm having trouble with.

I'll do the screenshot but I've tried it 30 times already and I just need an hour or so away from this to do other things.

Thanks.

By the way, I don't think it's a good idea to share your verification screen with others.
thrax

Activity: 253
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:45:01 AM

<snip>

does anyone know if I'm allowed to have an account and choose NOT to use two-factor authentication.  

<snip>

According to this page it's optional.

https://www.bitstamp.net/article/two-factor-authentication-2fa/
BitstampNuru12 (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:03:08 PM

Hi, I figured out the problem.  I needed to select yes or no for all 3 tax classifications.  I had only been choosing one of them and leaving the other's blank thinking that they would just assume no.  You have to choose all of them.

So my question is now answered.

Thanks for your help - I successfully submitted the verification information.
 Grin
rei_m

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:17:49 PM

Hi, I figured out the problem.  I needed to select yes or no for all 3 tax classifications.  I had only been choosing one of them and leaving the other's blank thinking that they would just assume no.  You have to choose all of them.

So my question is now answered.

Thanks for your help - I successfully submitted the verification information.
 Grin

Ah, good to know. Happy trading! Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: