Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:22:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My 'traveling' *Novelty* Bitcoin...  (Read 2392 times)
Kermee (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 12:29:21 AM

After RSantana started selling his 'novelty' Bitcoin from CoinedBits, I decided I would take it along with me everywhere I go when I'm using funds/profit from mining bitcoins.  Note that I'm not paying directly in bitcoins, but have exchanged for USD to spend.  I'm going to start a little photo diary here just for the fun of it.  Today, it was at the 37th Annual Ballard SeafoodFest in Seattle, WA.

You can't go to the Ballard SeafoodFest in Seattle, WA without missing the authentic Nordic Viking Boat, which is kept by the Nordic Heritage Museum.  I thought it would be appropriate to have my Bitcoin pose a picture with it:

Cost: 0 BTC

I then proceeded to get some grub:

Items

Scalloritto (Bacon wrapped scallops on top of a soft tortilla with creamy pesto & slaw) - Cost: ~0.6 BTC
Pan Seared Scallops (Served on a bed of rice pilaf with pesto drizzle) - Cost: ~0.6 BTC
Alligator On-A-Stick [Pictured Above] - Cost: ~0.5 BTC.

Then I went to go buy 1.5 BTC's worth of fresh wild-caught Alaskan Salmon (10 lbs.) -- Proceeds goes to charity in Italy:

Cost: 1.5 BTC

Then I purchased a 'Strawberry Supernova' at MiroTea:

Cost: ~0.25 BTC

All, in all, I spent about 3.75 BTC's worth of bitcoins today over the course of 4 hours. So to finish it off...

... I found a pirate and tipped him about ~0.3 BTC for letting me take his photo with my 'Bitcoin'... He decided to use it as an 'eye-patch'...:

Cost: ~0.3 BTC

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr MATEY! I've GOT YOUR BOOTY!

Cheers,
Kermee

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DonnyCMU

Activity: 143

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 12:35:58 AM

Nice journey! People have been going over the same old topics for too long in this forum. Refreshing to see a new kind of constructive post!

PS. You write like you're posting an article for SEO purpose.
Kermee (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 12:39:18 AM

Nice journey! People have been going over the same old topics for too long in this forum. Refreshing to see a new kind of constructive post!

PS. You write like you're posting an article for SEO purpose.

LOL. Thanks!

I actually know absolutely *NOTHING* about SEO, but I like trying to make my 'constructive' posts 'pretty' and with links so at least it's easier to read or 'click' on something.  Or maybe it's just my writing-style... I dunno. Smiley

Cheers,
Kermee
Meatpile

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 12:49:27 AM

As great as this is, "Note that I'm not paying directly in bitcoins, but have exchanged for USD to spend.  "  That is depressing =(
Kermee (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 12:56:11 AM

As great as this is, "Note that I'm not paying directly in bitcoins, but have exchanged for USD to spend.  "  That is depressing =(

*Nod* -- I've done my best to patronize some services and goods that are listed on the Trade wiki page.  I also did a lot of purchasing through BitSpend.com to purchase additional mining equipment.

One consolation, is that the pirate did ask what the coin was about after I took his picture so I gave him a quick 60 second primer on what a Bitcoin was.  He was thoroughly interested and said he'd look it up when he gets home.  (I did tell him immediately that the 'coin' was a 'novelty' physical representation of what a Bitcoin is.)

Cheers,
Kermee
BGL

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 02:31:02 AM

haha the pirate pic is great.
Alex Beckenham

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 02:51:15 AM

haha the pirate pic is great.

I suddenly had a funny thought... Imagine a movie or cartoon where people are going on some huge adventure to find lost sunken treasure... they finally find this elaborate-looking treasure chest at the bottom of the ocean and open it up to find it's basically empty, except for a tiny flash drive marked BTC.

cinos11

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 02:55:51 AM

The first and last photo with the pirate was the best.
These images actually helped me imagine the actual size of the coin.

I might actually consider buying one of these  Cheesy
FreeBitcoins.org

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2011, 04:15:04 AM

Great thread man!  Hilarious...love the pirate photo  Grin
Tx2000

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:22:46 AM

I am disappointed.  No picture of a deep fried bitcoin nor glass of tea with a slice of bitcoin.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2011, 05:00:13 AM

*Nod* -- I've done my best to patronize some services and goods that are listed on the Trade wiki page.  I also did a lot of purchasing through BitSpend.com to purchase additional mining equipment.

One consolation, is that the pirate did ask what the coin was about after I took his picture so I gave him a quick 60 second primer on what a Bitcoin was.  He was thoroughly interested and said he'd look it up when he gets home.  (I did tell him immediately that the 'coin' was a 'novelty' physical representation of what a Bitcoin is.)

Cheers,
Kermee

"I gave him a quick 60 second PRIMER on what a Bitcoin was."

Caution: Brain fart ahead from PG.

Here's I go again, brainstormin' to the nth degree, all thanks to the keyword "primer". Upon reading it, my overreacted brain envisioned an illustrated children's-type book, a primer, used for educating children and adults alike.

Break's over. Now back to Project X.

naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2011, 09:06:32 AM

Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to get mine!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: