Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:25:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are deposit codes / yobit codes and how to use them?  (Read 360 times)
TariTara (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:38:08 AM

Hey there,

i think my yobit account was hacked - perhaps because i used the yobit app from google play store !?!?
So now i can see, that my BTC funds where changed to a yobit code. But it was not me and i am wondering what these yobit codes are? Is there a possibility to get my BTC back from this yobit code? Perhaps the code is not used yet by someone else, so can i enter this code somewhere or how are they used?

In FAQ i can't find enough informations about these codes. And i can't chat in trollbox, because all my BTC is gone to yobit codes Sad
--> And i am afraid of depositing new BTC to yobit, if i really got hacked.

Please help with an explanation! Thank you and best regards,

David

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:25:05 PM

Hey there,

i think my yobit account was hacked - perhaps because i used the yobit app from google play store !?!?
So now i can see, that my BTC funds where changed to a yobit code. But it was not me and i am wondering what these yobit codes are? Is there a possibility to get my BTC back from this yobit code? Perhaps the code is not used yet by someone else, so can i enter this code somewhere or how are they used?

In FAQ i can't find enough informations about these codes. And i can't chat in trollbox, because all my BTC is gone to yobit codes Sad
--> And i am afraid of depositing new BTC to yobit, if i really got hacked.

Please help with an explanation! Thank you and best regards,

David

A way out is to start by opening a ticket buy explaining what is going on. I don't think you need to have a BTC in your account to be able to do that and the longer you wait the more open you are to whatever that is wrong with your account to be perfected. But I don't see it as something so serious though because of the codes and you can equally google about it and see some people who have been faced with similar scenerios and how they went about it to get it resolved.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:53:29 PM

Yobit code (like codes inside some other exchanges) are centralized way of transferring funds inside the platform itself without needing to make a transaction on chain.

you turn your funds into a code which is redeemable by anyone who has an account on that exchange, in this case Yobit. the hacker probably didn't want to pay any withdrawal fees so he took the easy way!

you can see the code. see if it is redeemed or not. if not claim it yourself! if it wasn't you who created the code, then you have been hacked because you used a fake application on google play store. you should create a new account now.

also try contacting support more and see if you can prove that it was not you who created this code. they may be able to block the hackers account and refund you.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
TariTara (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:24:00 PM

Hello,

thanks a lot for your answers!

At first: i created a support ticket instantly, but i do not expect an answer in the next 4 weeks Sad    And by the way: I googled for similiar posts or informations about yobit code handling, but i weren't able to find something.

So my biggest question would stay open: HOW can i claim this code back? I can't find any buttons or menu entries or something else which tells me "enter yobit code here"
What do i have to do?

Thanks in advance!
leea-1334

Activity: 2226
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:55:54 PM

Before you do anything, better change your account passwords and even email if possible. If you were really hacked, you are extremely lucky if all the hacker did was convert your BTC into a voucher. You should just scan your computer or device also to clean it.

To redeem it yourself, just go to your username (left click), the drop down menu you choose "Yobit codes". And then simply redeem it from there. Enter your code value, better do this quickly or someone else can redeem it.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TariTara (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:09:28 PM

Before you do anything, better change your account passwords and even email if possible. If you were really hacked, you are extremely lucky if all the hacker did was convert your BTC into a voucher. You should just scan your computer or device also to clean it.

To redeem it yourself, just go to your username (left click), the drop down menu you choose "Yobit codes". And then simply redeem it from there. Enter your code value, better do this quickly or someone else can redeem it.

Hey,
i uninstalled the app and deactivated the api keys i generated for the app. Also i changed my password.  You are right, i should change my eMail, too. A new account would also be a good idea.

There is one code in status "activated". Does that mean, that the code was used and my BTC is finally transferred? So i can't get it back?

Can you help again?

David
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: