Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:04:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guys please no more talk of Bitcoin better than gold  (Read 26190 times)
wallstone

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:14:37 AM

Each thing is a thing to itself. If you say btc will replace gold you are saying btc will replace all metals of value. It
Makes no sense. Will Bitcoin replace bonds cause btc can have a higher yield. Remember, some day btc is replacing tulips at the moment. Open your minds a bit more and realize btc is not the end all be all. I love it, and have quite a bit, but I also have a safe full of gold. They are two separate entities, at one point it was confiscated from the people of the us and was illegal to hold. Those of you who keep saying this make me think you are not diversified and it's not always a good idea so stop this stupid gold comparison
I agree with you since they have different value. They are totally different from each other thats why I dont think that the comparison between the two of them is right.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ParveZ219

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:43:04 PM

Actually there's no comparison of bitcoin with gold ..Cause gold is not any currency where bitcoin is and its the main difference between gold and bitcoins...The comparison between them are just imagination and not reality...But those were just to make us know again that gold can be traded etc etc and mainly for earning.
Sanjida
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:16:07 PM

I agree with you bitcoin & gold are very different.i think bitcoin is a digital currency & gold is only a kind of exchange.so my friend bitcoin & gold is various landmark it's not comparable.it's two are very different in task interms of investment.
GreenInformation547

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:09:32 PM

Ya it is right that bitcoin and gold is really two different things but bitcoin compared with gold only because the value of both of them never fall.
ethicalbtc

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:14:45 PM

Gold is a different genre to bitcoin and cannot be compared easily with the same purpose. Although crytocurrency have similarities on its use like it can be a future asset in which it can grow its value.
pabpete

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:03:04 PM

Actually there's no comparison of bitcoin with gold ..Cause gold is not any currency where bitcoin is and its the main difference between gold and bitcoins...The comparison between them are just imagination and not reality...But those were just to make us know again that gold can be traded etc etc and mainly for earning.
For me it is just comparing something material that could be touch and that could be store in house than something which we could buy and hodl in our virtual wallet, some people are just scared too much for their money.
SecureCryptoPayments

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:48:32 PM

the currency in my country is not supported by gold for a long time. Although how long-term investment is used. Gold steadily increases in value. Unfortunately the crypto currency for us so far as life on Mars. We know something, but we can not completely use it
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:48:54 PM

Bitcoin can not be better than gold, if only because bitcoin and gold are not comparable. Zolloto will always be gold. This metal has always had a good value at all times. Unlike other money, gold has never depreciated and was relatively stable in price. If to compare with gold, bitcoin has the absolute opposite.
mostpatientpp

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:26:44 AM

It is no use comparing the 2 things. Both bitcoin and gold has it own benefit and use
clonely

Activity: 490

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:33:51 AM

Bitcoin should be evaluated within itself. Same in gold. They're not even the same thing. Gold is very different, before anything else physical!

PhuongVo2702

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:38:13 AM

I just say Bitcoin better than gold but just on the internet Cheesy
Bitcoin willl have a good future and I hope it will be a Gold 2.0 on the Internet when CryptoCurrency are used widely
BTCdoaA

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:54:01 AM

I agree with you sir, because there is no sense in comparing bitcoin and gold. All we need to do is to appreciate bitcoin and spread the knowledge that you have about it. Stop comparing the value of bitcoin to the value of gold because you are wasting your time !
I disagree with both of you , Gold is valued asset accepted by people all around the world the same with bitcoin is being accepted by huge community so far . the only different is gold can be used by women to increase their beauty while bitcoin is better to use for online payment .
The real competition will be clearly seen after 100 years from now .

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:24:27 AM

The guy makes sense because really there is no point calling bitcoin as gold and even some of them keep calling it as digital gold. I dont really understand the equivalence of the same because bitcoin is far better and costlier than the real gold. Plus its comparison is vain because of its versatile character and use. Bitcoin is completely virtual stuff with backing of programmed codes working on smart contracts and the blockchain as its basis. So think about it twice and tell me where there is a point that makes us compare it with the gold. Off course it is valuable and more than gold.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:50:47 AM

Bitcoin and Gold are two different things.  Creation of bitcoin was purely for the purpose lof alternate p2p unregulated currency without barriers.  Though Bitcoin has lost it's basic character of currency because of users' greed.  It has become investment rather.
But Gold has been safe investment since thousands of years.  In addition to it Gold is also used as jewellery and medicine too.  So Gold has been used for different purposes. 
I think both are equally important at their own place.  So which one is better can not be determined.  Because on one point Gold may be better but on other point of use Bitcoin may prove to be best.
charles28

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:03:42 PM

Each thing is a thing to itself. If you say btc will replace gold you are saying btc will replace all metals of value. It
Makes no sense. Will Bitcoin replace bonds cause btc can have a higher yield. Remember, some day btc is replacing tulips at the moment. Open your minds a bit more and realize btc is not the end all be all. I love it, and have quite a bit, but I also have a safe full of gold. They are two separate entities, at one point it was confiscated from the people of the us and was illegal to hold. Those of you who keep saying this make me think you are not diversified and it's not always a good idea so stop this stupid gold comparison
yes please stop comparing gold and Bitcoin. Every person has its own opinion so please stop this. As these are two separate things and you can't compare them.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 01:07:24 PM

I honestly don't know that this debate would ever end, I mean it is the community's opinion, and if that certain opinion provokes or triggers someone then that I think will be the cause, and the Community is wide, and therefore I think that BTC and Gold will be a long time feud, I just think that it is utterly non-related to each other besides being considered as MONEY.
prabowo499

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:35:29 PM

my opinion, your statement is the wrong one. Because gold is a precious metal that cannot be renewed making rare objects, when all gold mining diggers no longer find a point where there is a lump of gold. So changing the price of gold that could have been bought by ordinary people became very expensive in the next 50 years. And only the rich can invest there.
While Bitcoin is a digital coin that circulates anywhere and cannot be patented by any country, so prices are regulated by exchanges related to BTC (Bitcoin). And no need to be afraid to run out of supply and not damage nature quickly. All groups of people can have it without fear of being stolen because they have a wallet that uses a high level algorithm security system. The price also follows market movements. And it will not disappear or disappear if there is still an internet connection network on earth.
prabowo499

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:42:00 PM

yes please stop comparing gold and Bitcoin. Every person has its own opinion so please stop this. As these are two separate things and you can't compare them.

The word who cannot be compared is mined, there is a worker, there is a tool, there is a history, but there is something that distinguishes it very real that Gold is real form and physical, if Bitcoin is not real form and physical. If it is possible to compare it, it might depend on where you look at the aspect
Vimukkthi Vithanage

Activity: 331

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:26:14 PM

Yes, 100% agree with what you saying . Bitcoin is not to replace anything gold , or USD.. bitcoin is bitcoin and it has a different agenda
OzhogCoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 12:52:23 PM

Everyone has their own opinion. Maybe someone really believes in bitcoin rather than gold and this is his personal right. If you have both bitcoin and gold, you will in any case remain in the advantage, this is correct!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: