Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:43:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: URGENT - Is my Ledger damaged? Big tip for successful retrieval of my BTC  (Read 336 times)
SopaXT

Activity: 158
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:48:37 PM

Do you have your 24-word seed that your Ledger made you write down?
Hi SopaXT - Yes I do have my 24-word seed written down from my Ledger.
What do you suggest? A Ledger reset/reconfiguration? Any help and assistance would be great appreciated.

Try resetting and re-initializing your Ledger from that seed (however, as you seem to have a lot of BTC, I'd recommend getting a new one for that instead of resetting the old one, just in case).
Also, do you remember what account did you generate that address from (it's possible that you're just using a different one)?

e.g. "Accounts > My Account", etc?
Does it say the same right now?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RDH40 (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:04:10 PM

They look pretty legit, real name, public domain registration data, etc. I've never seen anything like that around BTC, so probably if they would steal your money then it would be just another nickname?
Ok will message them to see if they can help.
RDH40 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:10:16 PM

You could run this tool
https://iancoleman.io/bip39/
Make sure to run it offline.
It extract the addresses and priv keys from your mnemonic.
You could see if the address is in there

I have tried this and the address is not showing within the first 8k+
RDH40 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:16:51 PM

Maybe it's a ledger problem?
I don't think it is a Ledger problem as the LTC worked fine and shows up.
Why not import your seed into another wallet client and see if your bit coin shows up?
This is an option I may have to consider by purchasing a new one!

Or you could run Ian Coleman's tool and tweak the derivation path to search for the address.
When you say 'tweak' the derivation path - I would I do this?
RDH40 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:28:17 PM

I am starting to lose hope now as no-one can seem to help me with this! If you have any other suggestions or know anyone who maybe able to help it would be very much appreciated.

Your questions already got awnsered in your other thread containing the same issue. I have tried all suggestion but still get nothing, hence why I am still asking for help.
If your btc address (which you are 10000% sure is right) is not contained in the signing-tool from the ledger wallet and
your xpub didn't regenerate the address within your first 8000 Huh addresses (trying the first 100 would be more than enough)..this address hasn't been generated by your ledger. If definitely got generated from my Ledger - I too cannot understand why it is not showing anymore. It has to come from my ledger because I could not just make up a BTC Segwit address - it's definitely correct as confirmed on Blockchain.

You may have failed copying the address.. there may be a clipping virus which replaced the btc address in your clipboard...
Any other form of malware.. quite a few options. If this was the case, how would I now be able to access them with the ledger? I have scanned my MacBook Pro for malware etc.

Yes I do have my 24-word seed written down from my Ledger.
What do you suggest? A Ledger reset/reconfiguration?

I wonder why didn't you already try to reset your ledger?
You can reset it as often as you wish without losing access to any of your coins.
But hopefully you have written down your seed correctly..
Yes I did write the 24 word seed down correctly but I do see people posting on here with problems resetting ledgers so I need to be absolutely sure before I do.
SopaXT

Activity: 158
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:20:14 PM

Maybe it's a ledger problem?
I don't think it is a Ledger problem as the LTC worked fine and shows up.
Why not import your seed into another wallet client and see if your bit coin shows up?
This is an option I may have to consider by purchasing a new one!

Or you could run Ian Coleman's tool and tweak the derivation path to search for the address.
When you say 'tweak' the derivation path - I would I do this?

Try choosing "Derivation Path" -> "BIP141" -> "P2WPKH nested in P2SH".

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: