Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:40:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: investing in masternodes  (Read 140 times)
pompatore (OP)

Activity: 787
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:23:32 PM

are masternodes a good alternative compared to mining?
masternodes are not cheap but someones offer extreme high roi
what are the risks?
what do you think about numus coin?
if i you have 500k usd, what masternodes will you buy?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:56:25 PM

are masternodes a good alternative compared to mining?
masternodes are not cheap but someones offer extreme high roi
what are the risks?
what do you think about numus coin?
if i you have 500k usd, what masternodes will you buy?

Literally din't know about this masternodes , I'm searching it and correct me if I'm wrong the link is below , and anyways still doing some research about it the risk is let's be wise ask ourselves first some question something like that. Many sites been becoming scam so be wise and if this is legit so why not , thank you for this information looking forward to use this.

Link:http://dashmasternode.org/what-is-a-masternode/
fromholland

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:42:34 PM

I always believed that you'd need a LOT of money to run a masternode. And to not have all your eggs in 1 basket, you'd need a lot more money to spread your portfolio. So way to far away for me :-)

ActionJackson

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:48:01 PM

I always believed that you'd need a LOT of money to run a masternode. And to not have all your eggs in 1 basket, you'd need a lot more money to spread your portfolio. So way to far away for me :-)

You just gotta take a risk and get into a Masternode Coin very early.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:53:19 PM

I think running a masternode is very similar to mining. It requires a sum of money to be invested. Then a certain amount of time before a person can hope to make their investment back with a profit.

Masternodes could be a good system of encouraging HODL as it requires coins to be stored over time without being sold or spent in order to earn a passive income. They could also be a good means of expanding into long term interest markets similar to what bank accounts have. An area crypto hasn't offered much support for. I see masternodes as methods of encouraging HODL while reducing speculation, which could promote better price stability and lower volatility over the long term.

It should also be said that masternodes are a system utilized by dash and a few alts. Its not something that is supported by all coins but over the long term we could see some benefits from this type of system which aren't brought up often.
BarbusseH

Activity: 193

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:54:47 PM

It is necessary to look at the graph of coin generation. If the profit is too high, then there is a high probability that the Ponzi scheme is present here. There is a big risk of losing savings when price collapse occurs.
AlistairJ

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:35:53 AM

There is a topic where some advantages and disadvantages of investing in masternodes are described https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1572363.260 "Coins with Masternode?".
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1290

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:18:34 AM

i have not done it myself yet but i have done some research some time ago and here is what i know:
to run a masterNode you have to invest a lot of money, that much is obvious and already have been said. but you invest this amount of money in that coin. and this have two different risks:
1. the coin can tank hard or even a small drop and that means you lose a lot of money. imagine a 10% drop (the most common percentage) on a $500k investment. that is $50,000 lost.
knowing altcoins these kinds of dumps are pretty common and can be devastating.

2. you are storing this amount online (locking in your masterNode) granted you set passwords, ... but we all know the only way of securely storing large sums of funds is cold storage and if your setup is hacked, you will lose a lot of money.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Toden1379

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:31:50 AM

I heard about this from my brother-in-law and it seems legit. He said a friend invested around $20k in it and has an ROI of around $50 per day. I'm not sure I want to get into it myself without proper research first but that kind of ROI is not bad.

EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWOR      EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25       
        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:06:11 AM

Shouldn't you know this yourself as a Hero member?

Anyways, Master Nodes, just like PoS and PoW, is worthless if the underlying coin that is generated is worthless.

The difference with investing in PoW hardware as opposed to Master Nodes is that you can mine different things if your original target became less profitable.

With Master Nodes you'll be stuck with potentially worthless crap. The ROI might be high, but that is only true when calculated in the altcoin that the node produces, not in fiat or even Bitcoin.

Since the node literally shits coins it's safe to assume that the value of each coin will depreciate over time unless the project satisfies some serious market demand, something that is exceedingly unlikely.

Hence, investing $500k in master nodes would be irrational unless that amount is just such a tiny portion of your crypto portfolio that you literally wouldn't care about it evaporating over night.
AdamRay

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:39:02 AM

It is necessary to look at the graph of coin generation. If the profit is too high, then there is a high probability that the Ponzi scheme is present here. There is a big risk of losing savings when price collapse occurs.
The Masternode crypto licenses are receiving huge investor interest in the cryptocurrency market. Running Masternode helps confirm the value of the crypto coin and gives it a stable value in the market. Most of the Masternode crypto coins are growing very well so investing in Masternode is a very hot trend now.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
DziugasB

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 06:30:43 AM

Been interested in masternodes for a while because they will provide passive income. However, risks are huge and not sure whether benefits outweigh that. But I am looking forward to WABI and other all star ICO masternodes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: