Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:54:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Note: Bent fan covers on latest batch, it's probably worth checking  (Read 121 times)
the_electronrancher (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:14:00 PM

Just wanted to leave a note that if the latest batch gives a fan error, check that the wire cover over the fan is not bent down and touching the fan.  A devices in my latest batch had this issue, and it was a little hard to see because it looked pretty good and not totally smashed.  But lo and behold, the wire cover was pressed in to the point that it blocked the fan from spinning - the device failed fan test and wouldn't mine.

My guess is that the boxes got dropped on the end during shipping or something, resulting in the cover getting bent in against the fan.  A quick bend back to normal and it started up perfectly.  On a lighter note, this batch is by far the best I've gotten (so far).  14.1T average on a 13.5T batch, Bitmain must have run out of shitty boards to stuff in with the good ones, lol.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: