Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:26:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed  (Read 10072 times)
maco (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 03:59:46 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 07:52:12 AM by maco

**Announcement**
This service has been closed. We simply provided educated guesses to what we can expect from this mining operation. It was a shared mining op with 50 shares spread out and it didn't work out due to heavy rise in difficulty and fast-price drops. However, ever shared investor who didn't sell at the exchange (after handing out the coins) did potentially see a 75% + ROI due to BTC prices reaching $1,250 USD and primecoin reaching $7.00 USD.  Some people wanted to see an instant return right off the bat... which was not possible and made people unhappy. Like any investment, it takes time to build value into something. Share holders did see a return from a minimum of $200 up to $5,000 depending on the amount of shares owned because 6 Weeks later, primecoin and bitcoin both had a tremendous value increase creating major benefits for coin holders.

Primecoin difficulty has increased by 120% since this operation and no longer is equal to the same value per block generation. If this same service was ran actively today... investors would see a huge decline in value, and would never make it profitable unless holding for another 2-3 months hoping the price hits $14 per XPM.

Note: 0.50/BTC investment was traded for $90-$100 USD at the time. Primecoin was traded at $0.50 USD at the time.
In my opinion, the project did not work out, and I ended it with some Investors unhappy no matter how hard I worked at it, and some thanking me for my duties!

www.XPMcoin.com/mining (closed) 50 Share Subscriptions Available for SOLO Mining
XPM Coin is offering a Shared, Cloud Computing Server Solution - Giving You A Hands-Free XPM Mining Solution.  

Thanks for all interest and support in this private funding.
I will go ahead and keep you updated if future Shares do open. We have closed the payment page now.
Send me a private message for future reservations in this investment - In case shares open up/become available

XPM Coin will do all the work of setting up servers, optimizing for the best results.
You just make a weekly subscription payment, and earn XPM while you are busy doing other things.

Currently, I am mining about 8-10 blocks/day with 25-50 servers average time on-and-offline
Some servers have been on/off for testing purposes and optimization of better hardware/resources.
I have found my best results, and I am ready to offer XPMcoin.com/mining solutions to the public.

This will only be available and accessible to 50 share subscriptions total. Each subscription (0.50/BTC a week) will count as 1 share.

My efforts counts as 1 share. That is because I am able to get the best available results, and I am constantly monitoring, upgrading,
and optimizing our servers. I work on Primecoin XPM mining 12+ hours a day, and I am ready to dedicate full time to all subscriptions.

Note: This mining business (xpmcoin.com) is not affiliated with Primecoin or its network.
Note: we do not guarantee results! or offer money back. Invest at your own risk.
We are just offering early access for a possible future opportunity to mine XPM as a group if this works out.

*** CLOSED *** No longer a business or a project or service.  Sorry for closing this too soon, it didn't work out after the 2nd trial.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maco (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:00:30 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2013, 04:55:16 PM by maco

Reserved for Announcements and FAQ

FAQ
Q) What if not all 50 were sold shares?
A) I will deploy 50 and scale up from there, and only 25 shares have been sold, Coins generated are divided by the # of subscribed shares.

Q) How will you track it?
A) I will use one wallet across all deployed servers to keep track of the full balance. I will give screenshots upon approval.
I am programming something to make it display the wallet balance in real-time, online. I will let you know when that is released.

Q) How will you know if I made a payment?
A) Once you subscribe @ http://www.XPMCoin.com/mining - and you subscribe via coinbase, we will receive your order # and Transaction #
your next step is to submit your application on the next page to begin processing your shares.
We need the application filled out so we have your direct contact and payout address on file.

Q) Can I cancel anytime?
A) Yes, anytime. If you made a payment for week 1 (up front) and you cancel it before Weekly Payout, you will still earn for that paid week.
Need to cancel? Go to coinbase, click subscriptions (merchant) and cancel it there. Contact me if you need assistance.

Q) Is there a money back guarantee
A) We have bills, expensive bills, and huge risks ahead. We are taking on this business model as a risk, just like you, as a investor/customer.  
You won't know the outcome until you try, and we can't guarantee outcomes either. However, no strings attached, so you can cancel anytime.

Q) What are the Server Specs
A) We have about 8 to 24 CPU Cores running across our servers. We plan to implement more 24 CPU cores to maximize increased block earning.

Server stats
Currently running Servers #1 - #25
processor : 23
model name: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU   X5650  @ 2.67GHz
---------------------------------------------------
Currently running Servers #25 - #50
processor : 14
model name: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU   E5645  @ 2.40GHz
----------------------------------------------------
Awaiting 50 Total Subscribers to run Servers  #50 - #200
model name: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5410 @ 2.33GHz & more of Xeon X5650  @ 2.67GHz

These have been the best mixture of results. I will open up more of these servers to maximize our earnings.
I plan to deploy up to 200 servers, once 50 Subscribers (50 shares sold) have been reached.

Q) If Difficulty goes up, what happens to block rewards?
A) Block rewards usually goes down as more miners come in play. Currently, I am earning 10.50 XPM per 1 Block.
It is better to maximize now before it gets harder and more miners jump in.

Q) I need support or have a question
A) Sure, contact me, MACO anytime or reach me at admin@XPMCoin.com ( I am always monitoring )

Q) Submitted payment?
A) For speed of implementation purposes, contact maco with your ORDER # or Transaction ID from Coinbase.  
I will start processing everything for you right away (I am usually here).

Q) Is the results or earnings guaranteed?
A) Off course not... we are testing the waters and trying to go on a larger scale into Primecoin XPM mining. No one knows what we will earn or how much... As stated on the site: "We do not offer refunds or money back guarantees or guarantee results or claim exact earnings. Cryptocurrency (Primecoin XPM) earnings are estimates only. You can cancel anytime, and you will begin receiving dividends for that entire payment week.Pool Pot and Subscription Shares per week, day or any coin amount is estimated, and we are not responsible for these amounts. You are paying for shares in our services, and we only will host up to 50 subscriptions." - xpmcoin.com/mining  Note- these have been personal results I estimated for myself and have seen an up and down ratio in the earnings. The estimates are clearly not what you will earn. Please do your own research before investing.

This is clearly something you decide to try or not try... no refunds or money back guarantee.

Q) How fast is difficulty going up?
A) Pretty fast! Faster than what people really think. A few days ago we were around 9.5 difficulty and currently we are operating at around 9.7 difficulty. Earnings of XPM is going down, so we need to act quick.
maco (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:03:31 AM

Screenshots:

Oleander

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 12:51:01 AM

I have some questions as to the timing.  I ask them because an operation like this, if it's profitable at all, will continue to be profitable until one day when it isn't.  I want to know how quickly I can bail out when that happens.

If I subscribe on a Saturday, does my subscription run Saturday to Saturday?  Or do all subscriptions run Wednesday to Wednesday?

Will I receive my Wednesday dividend in time to convert it to BTC so I can pay for the next week?

Alternatively, will the dividend be announced in time for me to make the decision whether to renew for another week?

Or, will there be some kind of ongoing stats during the week so I can estimate the dividend before deciding whether to renew?

maco (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 06:43:57 AM

I have some questions as to the timing.  I ask them because an operation like this, if it's profitable at all, will continue to be profitable until one day when it isn't.  I want to know how quickly I can bail out when that happens.

If I subscribe on a Saturday, does my subscription run Saturday to Saturday?  Or do all subscriptions run Wednesday to Wednesday?

Will I receive my Wednesday dividend in time to convert it to BTC so I can pay for the next week?

Alternatively, will the dividend be announced in time for me to make the decision whether to renew for another week?

Or, will there be some kind of ongoing stats during the week so I can estimate the dividend before deciding whether to renew?

This is a great question. And I was tossing around some thoughts for this. I know all subscribers won't come in the same time, so I decided I will payout on Wednesday, and say we come back to Saturday, you will still get a payout until the 7th day billing period closes. If you did cancel, remaining payout will be on the final 7 day period.

So basically, its really a 7 day payout, it happens every wednesday, and the remaining payout amount will be on the 7th (final day) if cancelled.

All I ask is send me a reminder that you have cancelled, so I can organize it accordingly and provide faster payouts. Otherwise, I can still keep track of all of it.
Oleander

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 07:15:05 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2013, 08:08:48 AM by Oleander

You didn't answer my questions about dividend announcements or sufficient stats to estimate the dividend, but I will take a chance on a Sunday-to-Sunday subscription.

I encourage you to make things as transparent as possible for your subscribers.

Edit: I set up a Coinbase account and entered a subscription.  Looking forward to seeing how this works out.
maco (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 07:58:25 AM

You didn't answer my questions about dividend announcements or sufficient stats to estimate the dividend, but I will take a chance on a Sunday-to-Sunday subscription.

I encourage you to make things as transparent as possible for your subscribers.

Okay. Answering it below.

Yes, what I can do is send you screenshots of what has been earned as a pool and how many subscribers we have on board, at anytime.

What I will do is have some pool stats ready on Tuesday so people know what to expect Wednesday.
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 08:02:09 AM

A question that immediately pops to mind when I see a service such as this offered is: "Why would you offer it?"

If it was an IPO-like thing, it would make sense: To collect enough funds to purchase the hardware. But this is a subscription-based service. In order to profit, a subscriber needs to earn more XPM than the equivalent amount of 0.5 BTC per week. But if the expected gains are above 0.5 BTC per week, why rent out the mining power at all instead of mining for yourself?
Oleander

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 08:22:18 AM

But this is a subscription-based service. In order to profit, a subscriber needs to earn more XPM than the equivalent amount of 0.5 BTC per week. But if the expected gains are above 0.5 BTC per week, why rent out the mining power at all instead of mining for yourself?

He is shifting his risk to the subscribers.  His commission (the 51st share) is profitable regardless.  For the subscribers, profitability depends on the exchange rate, and possibly on willingness to wait for a sell order to be filled.  For a true believer who wants to accumulate Primecoin anyway, this is an alternative to dollar-cost averaging.

Or it could simply be a lack of capital.

Just guessing.
somestranger

Activity: 487

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 01:20:52 PM

I'm in for a few shares. Primecoin seems like it could be next to Litecoin in the cryptocurrency arena, and is actually innovative; this is the perfect opportunity to "buy" some.
ajk
Donator

Activity: 447

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:03:30 PM

wasnt primecoin created by sunnyking? everything this person has created has been dumped on why would it be smart to invest in something that is most likely created by a person who is probably dumping them on everyone else?

id stick with coins created by people who are actually reputable, just like how the CEO is one of the most important reasons of the success of a company im going to assume it transfers over to alt coins and those who create them,

maco (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:59:21 PM

A question that immediately pops to mind when I see a service such as this offered is: "Why would you offer it?"

If it was an IPO-like thing, it would make sense: To collect enough funds to purchase the hardware. But this is a subscription-based service. In order to profit, a subscriber needs to earn more XPM than the equivalent amount of 0.5 BTC per week. But if the expected gains are above 0.5 BTC per week, why rent out the mining power at all instead of mining for yourself?

Off course, I get that. There is a number of things that comes to my head, as a person of adoption.

I don't think I would take on such a large project myself due to lack of funds. The other thing is, I have generated quite a bit already for being an early-adopter, and I am trying to get more people into primecoin, before we get into major numbers. I want you to remember, you were/are a subscriber of XPM Coin.  I certainly believe we are making history.

Conclusion: without investors, this wouldn't be possible. And if I wasn't here, there would be a chance to generate the type of coins I am able to generate .
maco (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 06:02:08 PM

I'm in for a few shares. Primecoin seems like it could be next to Litecoin in the cryptocurrency arena, and is actually innovative; this is the perfect opportunity to "buy" some.

Welcome aboard. I have verified this. So far, you own the most amount of shares.

I also believe that Primecoin 'seems' it could be next to Litecoin. I would be guessing in a similar Logic.

Btw, send me a PM with your XPM Address, I am missing thing.

Thanks for your support and investment. Let me know if you have any questions.
maco (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 07:10:28 PM

wasnt primecoin created by sunnyking? everything this person has created has been dumped on why would it be smart to invest in something that is most likely created by a person who is probably dumping them on everyone else?

id stick with coins created by people who are actually reputable, just like how the CEO is one of the most important reasons of the success of a company im going to assume it transfers over to alt coins and those who create them,

What are you talking about? Sunny King is very reputable, and has done great things for the community. Who said he is dumping? I don't understand your logic.
ajk
Donator

Activity: 447

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 08:57:12 PM

If you reread what I have wrote,

I never said that he/she was dumping them, I said that he/she Probably (a non definitive word) was

if you look back at the charts of PPC another coin created by sunny king it was dumped on and now XPM lower than what it once was, just going by what im seeing nothing against your venture,

best of luck
somestranger

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 09:12:16 PM

I never said that he/she was dumping them, I said that he/she Probably (a non definitive word) was

if you look back at the charts of PPC another coin created by sunny king it was dumped on and now XPM lower than what it once was, just going by what im seeing nothing against your venture,

best of luck
Why do you assume that sunny king is the person who dumped the coins? There are a metric shit ton of speculators in the altcoin markets and "pump and dump" is the rule rather than the exception. I think in a few years we will have Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Primecoin and most of the others will not see wide use.

Primecoin is interesting to me because it actually innovates unlike most cryptocurrencies; for example it uses (vaguely useful to mathematics) prime number chains as proof of work instead of hashcash. PPCoin just seems like a bad idea with its proof of stake concept -- people don't want an inflationary currency. 
maco (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:04:23 PM

best of luck

Ah I get you now. I wasn't being defensive, just trying to understand.

Every coin has the pumpers/dumpers. I agree, Primecoin or PPC is no different. But I don't think it has anything to do with Sunny.
maco (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:22:18 PM

best of luck
Why do you assume that sunny king is the person who dumped the coins? There are a metric shit ton of speculators in the altcoin markets and "pump and dump" is the rule rather than the exception. I think in a few years we will have Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Primecoin and most of the others will not see wide use.

Primecoin is interesting to me because it actually innovates unlike most cryptocurrencies; for example it uses (vaguely useful to mathematics) prime number chains as proof of work instead of hashcash. PPCoin just seems like a bad idea with its proof of stake concept -- people don't want an inflationary currency. 

+1 exactly.
maco (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:46:17 PM

I just want to keep everyone updated.

We are moving fast in the amount of shares sold.

At the moment of this post, we have 31 Shares Remaining available.

Thanks for all interest so far. I am rapidly expanding our growth as we speak.

I will make generated coin stats/block stats on Tuesday.

somestranger

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:52:48 PM

At the moment of this post, we have 31 Shares Remaining available.

Thanks for all interest so far. I am rapidly expanding our growth as we speak.

I will make generated coin stats/block stats on Tuesday.
26 remaining Grin. Can't wait to see the stats and some delicious Primecoins on Wednesday.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: