Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:33:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Laws and Regulations of ICO's  (Read 122 times)
masonrycrypto (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:17:10 AM

ICO's are copying what an IPO would normally do. 

IPO's take several months to happen and they have to go through vigorous reporting and scrutiny. 

The SEC watches new issues of securities very closely to monitor Fraud. 

These ICO's have totally skipped over everything that is required for an IPO or a new securities issuance. 

Little do these Alt Coins know that they will most likely fall under strict laws here in the near future. 

For Example Bitconnect, https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/01/11/bitconnect-served-yet-another-cease-desist-order/

They were ordered a cease and desist in several USA states. 

I'm all for Crowdfunding, but when these companies turn out to be scams and everyone starts losing their money. The SEC will come down hard.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the laws and regulations involving crowdfunding and ICO's
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nakamote

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:56:22 AM

IPO's take several months to happen and they have to go through vigorous reporting and scrutiny. 

These ICO's have totally skipped over everything that is required for an IPO or a new securities issuance. 

Little do these Alt Coins know that they will most likely fall under strict laws here in the near future. 

For Example Bitconnect, https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/01/11/bitconnect-served-yet-another-cease-desist-order/

I'm all for Crowdfunding, but when these companies turn out to be scams and everyone starts losing their money. The SEC will come down hard.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the laws and regulations involving crowdfunding and ICO's

This is the reason why may countries doing such ban to cryptocurrencies,ICO founders mostly are just raising money and eventually will run away from the project,easy money ICOs surely need to be regulated for our own security.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
masonrycrypto (OP)

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:00:16 AM

This may or may not be the next Dotcom bubble, but these ICO's are going to scam peoples money in the next year to two years
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:01:22 AM

This is the reason why may countries doing such ban to cryptocurrencies,ICO founders mostly are just raising money and eventually will run away from the project,easy money ICOs surely need to be regulated for our own security.

Currently, there's no strict regulations with ICOs here.
So it's up to the individual to do his own homework because it's only him that is accountable to his investments.
AravinthP

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 01:17:54 AM

I think it will take a long time for regulations to be adopted till then lots will capitalize on this

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
KevenDabid

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:48:17 AM

Yes, I have a similar view with you. It is true that the current ICO looks more like it is just for the money, so it is normal to be regulated by various countries.

bonipper

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:57:43 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 03:26:29 AM by bonipper

China banned ICO's and now it's warning against "initial miner offerings" because it suspects they are really ICO's in disguise.

https://www.coindesk.com/chinas-internet-finance-association-warns-initial-miner-offerings/
VanKleiss

Activity: 231

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:02:58 AM

I also like to have a regulation in terms of ICO because majority of ICO are just fraud, it needs regulation to separate rotten tomatoes to a good one. Fraud ICO also add negative image in cryptocurrency industry so we need to protect the integrity of this industry.
Auditan04

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:13:59 AM

Laws and Government regulation is inevitable in ICO's this is due to it involves money and interest of the general public. Here in our country they start to create laws and regulation that will have certain impact either good or bad to crypto. Let's just prepare for!
magpie_lover

Activity: 182
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 05:14:21 AM

The key difference here is that an IPO's & stock trading are only possible through centralized stock market exchanges while ICO's need not depend on them. Further countries/provinces like Switzerland, Singapore, Gibraltar, Cayman Islands have been very accommodative of ICO's & cryptos in general. Most companies  these days are making use of such territories for doing their ICO's. So even if SEC decides to intervene, I'm not sure they would be able to stop teams moving out to these countries.
saquib67

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:16:12 AM

an over-watch cannot be denied looking at the fraudulent and scams going around we need a firm laws and regulation,standards a whole new body or panel under the respective governments who can set laws and closely monitors the ico's just like ipo's . Cryptocurrency world is like a wild west no standards or rules everyone just want a place in trough but instead of finding a rational solution to the problems the governments are finding way to completely ban it.This attitude of governments is creating more problems than we already have we need strong laws and a whole board who can govern ico not ban it it is not the solution to the problems        
Guddini

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 05:18:14 AM

I definitely think that control is very necessary, a very large number of scammers just would not pass the test,and fewer people will suffer from it

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:20:33 AM

If a conclusion done and world rules can be provided then you can think about regulations, otherwise just country service providers are interested with laws
joselitobayagbag

Activity: 231

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:34:11 AM

Currently, there's no strict regulations with ICOs here.
So it's up to the individual to do his own homework because it's only him that is accountable to his investments.
Yeah theres not existing regulatory board to stop and regulate these scam ICOs,doing own research will give us less risk to lose our money.

desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:38:24 AM

Actually i like that ico is regulated but the regulator is not only raising money from the project.
The regulator company should be independent so we can agree with their rules
imdabest239

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:39:11 AM

Yes, the SEC Is always looking at them like if they were just "regular" companies, and it shouldn't be like this, but they are just protecting all their investors, so for me, i do not see any bad thing over this.
But yes, giving your info for KYC is just a shit.

Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 10:11:49 AM

Because of sec lots of ICO writing that they not accept US citizens. Some exchanges doing the same.

m.prokhorov

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:18:00 AM

There should be clear, transparent and unbreakable rules of the game
Lonsdayl

Activity: 364
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:36:00 AM

I don't understand one thing. Digital assets want to fight government and financial system, but industry reacts on each news about ban and regulation. Where is logic?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: