Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:33:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What would an "ethical premine" look like??  (Read 119 times)
barrywblack (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:30:20 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 11:56:50 PM by barrywblack

A lot has been said about premines, good, bad, and ugly... so what would an "ethical premine" look like??

Timing, percentages, use?

These are all issues that have arisen and have been discussed now for half a decade or more and yet I can still find no guidelines on how to launch a new coin "ethically", whether with or without a premine.

As both founder and developer, I have been working on a new coin launch, and the last thing any legit founder/developer wants is to have his work slandered by having it labelled as anything but an "ethical premine".

I am a disabled veteran and I have been building Linux systems for twenty years now, in an ongoing attempt to remain a valuable member of society, and with the help of a search engine, most solutions can be found that have been found previously.

With over 450 certifications, I was the most certified I.T. professional on the planet for a time, so this should be a "cake walk", but after all the discussions, on all the related forums, I still cannot find any instructions (a.k.a. sage guidance) on this issue.

It seems folks would rather bang 'n blame, bash and flame, instead of raise up and train.

I have four coins coded and tested, and awaiting a road map to success, so I and mine don't become the next coins and developer/founder to bash.

So I must ask the question... and hope for helpful replies...

"What would an "ethical premine" look like??"
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ingo49

Activity: 147

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:34:11 PM

You will get bashed no matter the premine.
See as an example monerov and monero, these guys are bashed but are the first ones to come up with a privacy issue with Monero.

Premine size is all about planning for the future, what is your project is solving.
A great example for this is Dash, which at least got the funds to establish a great network, develop, and market a good coin.

PS, thank you for the service Smiley
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:33:06 PM

This is such a good question.  I'd love for the community to add their unbiased opinions.  I see so much resistance to all premines but how else are the devs supposed to be rewarded for their hard work?  In the early days of crypto you didn't need to premine because no one knew how big it'd be... but now people pile in so quickly the dev can't get rewarded.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:42:57 PM

This is such a good question.  I'd love for the community to add their unbiased opinions.  I see so much resistance to all premines but how else are the devs supposed to be rewarded for their hard work?  In the early days of crypto you didn't need to premine because no one knew how big it'd be... but now people pile in so quickly the dev can't get rewarded.
Unbiased opinion, reward the *dev with a paid prostitute for a night, plus a few grands, don't be like me with a premine of 20.6 Million out of 21 Million total supply. what is the hard work of a dev? you know how to code, you don't get to become a Billionaire just for coding.

🖤😏
barrywblack (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:58:33 PM

PS, thank you for the service Smiley

Thank you for the appreciation. I love this country, even though at times those of us that served don't feel "loved" in return.
aintnopassincraze

Activity: 233
Merit: 106

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:38:43 AM

I don't think there is such a thing because a premine off the bat has negative connotations and you are going to have to prove yourself to the community. Look at how much flake DeepOnion has gotten and they are nearly done their airdrops. Yet people still think that is a scam! That is why I think the onus is squarely on the preminer and I think it is a fun challenge to have to proof yourself, because after all you will have majority of a currency there is no reason random people should trust you.

barrywblack (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:15:41 AM

I don't think there is such a thing because a premine off the bat has negative connotations and you are going to have to prove yourself to the community. Look at how much flake DeepOnion has gotten and they are nearly done their airdrops. Yet people still think that is a scam! That is why I think the onus is squarely on the preminer and I think it is a fun challenge to have to proof yourself, because after all you will have majority of a currency there is no reason random people should trust you.

Thank you for your input, each of you, so far
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: