Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:32:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The risk is put all your money in govt paper.  (Read 192 times)
Ayanamirs (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:47:49 AM

Worst shitcoins ever. Totally controlled by a bunch of thieves.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ooy5icoox

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:28:32 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2020, 04:39:58 PM by Ooy5icoox

70% of human put all  money in govt paper and less than 30% use (gold, silver, shops,...).
when people know that them government selling them paper not money will start investing more in bitcoin or any new techonology
bitcoin start taking place and will rise to 10% soon
over the time bitcoin will have more than 2 M people or more.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:08:52 PM

I agreed with your statement. Keeping our money in fiat is living under the mercy of the government. The government can easily intervene and decide the price of fiat. I really own my money when it is in Bitcoin.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:23:22 PM

Hi,

I agree with what you say. The problem is that it is also the easiest way of dealing wth your savings. For most people, bitcoin s still some shadow money, only used for illegal trades... And actually this is not completely wrong (I mean the "illegal" part).

On top of that, when you choose to buy bitcoin, you cannot be sure of what you will get by the end of the year. With fiat currencies, you know that if your investment is secured then the interest rate will be very low but at least, unless the government collapses, the investment is secured.

Understand what I say here: I don't say that bitcoin is a bad investment, I just understand people who won't bother trying and prefer keepng all their savings in the currency they use daily.

This may change as bitcoin and its use spread. Smiley

petrov trevor

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:24:27 PM

Starting from this principle, we can put our money nowhere because it will always be controlled by someone, and do not talk to me about bitcoin because we all know that the market is manipulate
Ayanamirs (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:36:38 PM

Starting from this principle, we can put our money nowhere because it will always be controlled by someone, and do not talk to me about bitcoin because we all know that the market is manipulate
There's a big difference between free-market(bitcoin) and FED.
steadyrice

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:48:15 PM

They also happen to be the safest modes of investment. The government papers will not crash unless the government collapses, whereas you can't say the same thing for crypto. Just depends on how much risk you are willing to take, if you want to play it safe, there is nothing wrong with governments papers.

Ayanamirs (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:53:18 AM

They also happen to be the safest modes of investment. The government papers will not crash unless the government collapses, whereas you can't say the same thing for crypto. Just depends on how much risk you are willing to take, if you want to play it safe, there is nothing wrong with governments papers.

Remember:
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:56:23 AM

There is always risk in putting all your eggs in one basket. It's one of the most horrible things you can do finance-wise, but having all your wealth in fiat is still substantially less risky than having all your money in crypto. The only exception to that is if you're living in an economically unstable country. The true risk is in not diversifying. Fiat has its merits, crypto has its merits, and you're not limited to one choice.

Remember:

It looks horrible, but fiat is inflationary by design. It's natural as far as the modern economy is concerned. Bitcoin's chart would look much better I bet, but save for a complete economic overhaul, fiat has to be inflationary.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:00:37 PM

I think the keyword is "all". It is unwise to put all your money into any single category of savings. I think that it is important to keep some money in government pper. This will allow you to buy essentials if there ia a major problem such as a power failure. It is also worth keeping a bit in digital fiat, as this is esier to use online. I cover myself by using a credit card, and keeping the level of my digital fiat at about 150% of my outstnding credit card debt. I think that this minimises my exposure to a fiat collapse.

The rest you cam spread between digital assets like domain names and Bitcoin, and physical assets like gold and silver.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:08:57 PM

There's always the risk of losing your money, no matter if it's fiat money at or cryptocurrencies. With fiat money, you have the risk of inflation. Your money could be worthless if the economy of the country you live in get a into a depression, like f.i. in Venezuela. But with the high volatility of cryptocurrencies you also don't have any guarantee your coins will keep their value.

coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:09:35 PM

I agree with you 100%. Everything that's government issued is there to rip you off. Bonds are a great example of this. If you know how they work in the economy you already are aware they're one big scam. When government is out of money it gives you a piece of paper for some of your money and that piece of paper is supposed to guarantee you'll get more from them after some time. The problem is they don't and won't have more to pay you so they'll have to print more and increase the inflation. You'll get more papers but they'll be worth less.

cryptobluemoon

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:17:59 PM

fait is the best govt paper with no value for that reason cryptocurrencies are raising
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: