Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:35:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XSPEC SCAM  (Read 587 times)
thomascr9695 (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

OPQ

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:23:18 PM

Ok.

I've seen people saying this constandly on this forum.

Let me say this;

Xspec is a gamble, HIGH profit or HIGH lose.

Invest what you can lose, stop the fight over this coin, nobody knows the future of this coin. Invest or don't.

OPACITY
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
francesco5

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:30:07 PM

I think it's more "do your research, and then invest or don't"  Wink

In my case, after my own research, I invested.
thomascr9695 (OP)

Activity: 65

OPQ

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:34:38 PM

I think it's more "do your research, and then invest or don't"  Wink

In my case, after my own research, I invested.

Same I invested a small amount but the fight on this forum about XSPEC is crazy. I'm not an XSPEC fan but more a PRL fan as I'm making websites and I think it's an interesting project.

OPACITY
Inkognito222

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:44:44 PM

Ok.

Let me say this;

Invest what you can lose, stop the fight over this coin, nobody knows the future of this coin. Invest or don't.

I agree that invest in crypto  is a gamble but XSPEC not scam it is good project, for this moment have working wallet and soon will be release ver wallet version.

XSPEC is

- Automatically Adjusted Ring Signatures - Stealth Addresses - Fast PoSv3 60 sec transactions - Innovative first ever in Crypto 'Stealth Staking'

Cant understand where people see scam ?
francesco5

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:46:39 PM

As long as there is debate on the technology, I think it's fine. But if it's all "BUY YOU'LL GET 100X, LAMBO MOON!!", then yeah, I agree.
If it's that, just try to deviate the discussion on the tech, that is far more interesting Smiley
BitcoinPhilipp28

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:00:04 PM

I bought some at 0,9 and again at 4. Its a good coin, just needs some more exchanges and marketing. Devs are dev - they dev and dont think about anything else. Which I do prefer over devs that just talk.
djpitagora

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:08:56 PM

Ok.

Let me say this;

why is it risky-er then any other low market cap coin?

So far I've only identified 1 real risk: the dev team is reticent on listing on any regulated exchange (pretty much all the nice ones), which would lead to permanent obscurity

So far it's one of the least riskiest proposition of the below top 100 coins. If you have seen any others I would like to know. I have a significant steak in it so any early signs are of interest to me.
themaxx

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:59:26 PM

I bought some at 0,9 and again at 4. Its a good coin, just needs some more exchanges and marketing. Devs are dev - they dev and dont think about anything else. Which I do prefer over devs that just talk.
You should have bought at 0,9 and sold at 4...

Binance Account - Get 10% discount on fees!
Don't you have a Binance account yet?
Register using this referral link and get a 10% discount on fees for all your trades!
sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:03:52 PM

Ok.

Let me say this;

This is by far the worst scam unbacked scam accusation I have seen thus far for Spectrecoin. What constitutes a scam is not outlined in this thread. Show some respect for a community that is for once not paid to shill and is strictly based on grassroots marketing. Regardless of the serious innovations in Cryptocurrency set forth for release of Q2 2018, Spectrecoin is already the only cryptocurrency having TOR obfuscation. For this reason, Spectrecoin is not a scam, and if you base your logic of Cryptocurrency being a 'gamble' to constitute a scam, you have over 1000 more scam accusation threads to make.

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
waarishi

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:21:48 PM

spectre could be one of the best coins in 2018 lol
cheesebaby

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:24:10 PM

If a scam coin means a privacy coin that is working as is TODAY, not tomorrow, as a privacy coin; that is completely hidden in Tor service with no exit nodes; works in countries where Tor is blocked (e.g. China, Iran), has stealth addresses and ring signatures to keep transactions private, and earns 5% staking rewards per year, then sure that must be a scam.
BitcoinSkull

Activity: 63
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:05:53 PM

Ok.

Let me say this;

So far I've only identified 1 real risk: the dev team is reticent on listing on any regulated exchange (pretty much all the nice ones), which would lead to permanent obscurity

So far it's one of the least riskiest proposition of the below top 100 coins. If you have seen any others I would like to know. I have a significant steak in it so any early signs are of interest to me.

None of the devs are reticent on listing on regulated exchanges. They have said many times on the Slack channel that they don't mind how many exchanges XSPEC is listed on. They believe that the purpose of XSPEC is anonymity and listing on those exchanges kind of defeats the purpose, but they are 100% for applying (which they have) for these exchanges in an attempt to get listed. 
Sylk

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:14:42 PM

As long as there is debate on the technology, I think it's fine. But if it's all "BUY YOU'LL GET 100X, LAMBO MOON!!", then yeah, I agree.
If it's that, just try to deviate the discussion on the tech, that is far more interesting Smiley

No 100x, no moon, no lambo? Okay then, it's scam! I'll sell it at the bottom red and go put my money in a bank. And come back at ATH to "catch" something.  Cheesy
snowboard

Activity: 158
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:16:42 PM

catch me on the moon with your lambo Wink

serious guys, for most gents cryptocurrency is just a way to earn some money. Nothing more, nothing less.. they speculate, they invest, they buy, they sell, they hold, they win they loose... and for some it's a change to slightly change the world. It's all fine as long as we respect eachother. we all hve been posted 'to the moon' or 'lambo' or something similar. sometimes you hve to have little fun... as long as you don't invest more then you can loose.

let's be more friendly as we don't know eachothers stories.
djpitagora

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:59:42 PM

Ok.

Let me say this;

None of the devs are reticent on listing on regulated exchanges. They have said many times on the Slack channel that they don't mind how many exchanges XSPEC is listed on. They believe that the purpose of XSPEC is anonymity and listing on those exchanges kind of defeats the purpose, but they are 100% for applying (which they have) for these exchanges in an attempt to get listed. 

applying means paying upwards of 100k dollars to an exchange to get listed. It's not about minding to send an email.... and they've made it clear they will not do this
carlocolucci83

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:03:18 PM

I really do not understand the posts saying xspec is a scam while from the contents of their posts it is blatently obvious they do not have a single clue what Xspec is really about. One of the reasons is probably the fact that xspec has been `promoted` by the xspec community, since marketing of xspec is completely community driven. No expensive paid PR companies, but just `regular`ppl who truly believe in this privacy coin. While I understand that this may come across as shilling to any outsider, it does not justify unbacked accustations as `scam`. I suppose one can say it can come across as annoying if you see 100 posts about one specific coin, but I hate the word `scam`. It is randomly used by people who either do not understand the project or who are mad because they did not get in in time. Anyways, I love Xspec and I will hodl until infinite.
proexcept

Activity: 308
Merit: 156

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:52:31 PM

Did you study this project before you accuse it a scam? I guess you are not. Now you want us to tell you about this coin, because you are too lazy to study. If you studied the project, you would probably see a great potential and legitness.

⚫ ⚫ ⚫Make even more profit on crypto trading with secure automatic trading https://trade-mate.io⚫ ⚫ ⚫
mycryptostuff

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:10:23 PM

Anyone who spent at least 10min reading about this coin knows this is at worst a promising coin and at best one of the top anonymous coins; people got excited over it and started promoting it in lots of threads on this forum (which can be annoying and mistaken for a marketing scheme) but with them, the opposite type of people sprouted, trying their hardest to bring arguments against it.

This is still a coin with a low market cap for now and with no popularity until recently so why are some users so invested in promoting xspec as a bad coin? I tend to believe some (or maybe most) just try to bring the coin value low so they can buy more coins now when it's still cheap.
pr3m0nition

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:19:35 PM

Anyone who spent at least 10min reading about this coin knows this is at worst a promising coin and at best one of the top anonymous coins; people got excited over it and started promoting it in lots of threads on this forum (which can be annoying and mistaken for a marketing scheme) but with them, the opposite type of people sprouted, trying their hardest to bring arguments against it.

This is still a coin with a low market cap for now and with no popularity until recently so why are some users so invested in promoting xspec as a bad coin? I tend to believe some (or maybe most) just try to bring the coin value low so they can buy more coins now when it's still cheap.

This guy gets it. Couldnt agree more. The worst part is that people who are not well researched see the misinformation as fact and then continue to spread the misinformation.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Vladburn

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:41:32 PM

Do you expect a guarantee by somebody for this coin's future, or for any other coin's future ? I am not an expert in the crypto currency world, but I dont have to be one to understand that this is of course a " risk ", just like investing in any other coin is. Nobody can 100% correctly predict the future of any coin, so basically any investment in something that is not " guaranteed " is a risk and there is no exception on this.

What you can do is, do a bigger research on the coin, check out the coin's roadmap on the project's site, talk with the developer/ some other community members that are willing to answer your questions and you will reach a point where you will decide whether the risk COULD be worth in the future or not.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: