Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:54:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Silver for Bitcoin - youtube video, forbitcoin.com promo  (Read 1454 times)
darbsllim (OP)

Activity: 297
Merit: 251

Founder, Filmmaker, Fun Guy

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 06:57:30 AM

Lets see some action on forbitcoin.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuxlU1u5y8A

We're going to start selling these on forbitcoin.com, we may sell the entire table.

Brad Mills,
Investor - Former miner - Former Bitcoin Business Owner - Survivor of the Great Bitcoin Crashes of 2011 and 2012, the MtGox Heist of 2014 & the 2017 crypto bubble.
Bitrated user: bradmillscan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nikion

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 07:12:02 AM

ooo Shiny objects, not one to hoard shinny metals but I like the ballzyness of it, thats really putting your coin where your mouth is, or some such nonsense.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 12:06:44 AM

Lets see some action on forbitcoin.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuxlU1u5y8A

We're going to start selling these on forbitcoin.com, we may sell the entire table.

Did you sell the entire table or what?  That fly by night offer is gone without a trace.

As I was saying,

I should have used an escrow system like ClearCoin, but foolishly wanted to support a new bitcoin start-up ASAP.

I should have known better than to trust a conflict-of-interest riddled deal, whereby an operator of the site would act as a participant in their own system.

I hope somebody else avoids my foolish mistake, and avoids doing any kind of business with the scam site ForBitCoin.com.

Here's what happened (screenshots available if anyone cares to see them).

Dude posted this youtube.com/watch?v=kuxlU1u5y8A showing off his silver, and offering to sell it for bitcoins on forbitcoin.com.

Seems legit, right?  So I send him 15 bitcoins, $450 worth at the time.

Instead of sending me the item for which I've just paid, dude waits around and starts bringing up shipping options, never mentioned in the original ad.

By the time we get on the same page, the price of bitcoins has plummeted, and the price of silver has risen.

Now dude expects me to eat the losses he incurred after the sale of my item.

I tell him that not how it works at eBay works, or any other lawfully regulated point of sale.

He ignore this and keeps trying to extort more money out of me, using my silver bar as a hostage.

Dude is going to have some fun in the FBI party van.  Then the US Postal Inspectors will have their way with him.

If there's anything left (remote, but non-zero, possibility) then I'll take him to court myself, with a civil suit.

Brad Mills seems like a decent guy, though he still hasn't sent me the silver coin I paid him for over a month ago.

I don't know how he got mixed up with the Chinese silver scammer with the Tennassee ID, but he should sever that relationship for the sake of his own legal liability.

I can understand the Canadian postal strike causing delays, but this is absurd.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
darbsllim (OP)

Activity: 297
Merit: 251

Founder, Filmmaker, Fun Guy

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 05:03:38 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2011, 05:32:30 AM by darbsllim

nah dude - there were 3 people who ordered that - but with all the mtgox issues (still haven't got our account back) and the canadian postal strike, things have been nuts.

Someone else is administrating the forbitcoin account for us, but the silver offer was taken down because the price of bitcoin was fluctuating so much, and people were misunderstanding the gig - we can't afford to sell these 10 oz bars for less than $400, and the bitcoin price is too volatile now.

Whoever bought will receive, or get a refund - we are just waiting on mtgox to fix their shit.

Brad Mills,
Investor - Former miner - Former Bitcoin Business Owner - Survivor of the Great Bitcoin Crashes of 2011 and 2012, the MtGox Heist of 2014 & the 2017 crypto bubble.
Bitrated user: bradmillscan.
done

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 09:41:21 PM

so pretty  Cool
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 07:31:40 PM

nah dude - there were 3 people who ordered that - but with all the mtgox issues (still haven't got our account back) and the canadian postal strike, things have been nuts.

Someone else is administrating the forbitcoin account for us, but the silver offer was taken down because the price of bitcoin was fluctuating so much, and people were misunderstanding the gig - we can't afford to sell these 10 oz bars for less than $400, and the bitcoin price is too volatile now.

Whoever bought will receive, or get a refund - we are just waiting on mtgox to fix their shit.

I already had paid enough for the silver bar and shipping, weeks before Mt. Gox went down.

There was no "misunderstanding the gig."  You offered a 10oz bar of silver for $400 worth of BTC and I paid that.

You admitted that you retroactively changed your mind about the terms of the offer after I handed over my money, because of btc price flux.

That's just sleazy.  An honest business would make it right.

Expecting your customers to eat your losses, which were caused by your failure to deliver, is pretty ridiculous.

Would you renege on an eBay auction after it's ended, just because you no longer want to accept the winning bid?

Based on your (lack of) actions and stated POV, it seems like you would. 

Your bad faith and faulty logic could hardly be demonstrated more clearly. 

Especially given the lack of response prior to my making your dishonesty public.

iCEBREAKER said:
This is becoming a very expensive bar. On June 9, at the time of purchase, I overpaid by $48.35, more than enough to cover two-day shipping. I was given an expected delivery date of June 16. On June 10, you brought up previously unmentioned shipping options. Four days after I responded, you asked me to send you another 7.6btc. The day after, it went up to another 14.

The "time of purchase" is when a buyer accepts a seller's offer, by placing an order and paying their btc. That way, each transaction has a clear timestamp and there is an incentive (exposure to price flux) for the seller to minimize latency.

forbitcoin said:
Yeah you are right, we put the wrong term in the description, it was always meant to be the time of order completion, ie when it ships. The price of bitcoin is quite volatile as we all know, where Silver is a lot more secure. We just can't ship it for less than it's value unfortunately. If you want to proceed thats fine, but with this crazy mtgox stuff happening we will have to wait until that's back up and running.

BTW I understand your frustration, this order has taken a long time to complete with a lot of back and forth, all the while the btc price has shifted substantially - I hope you can understand where we are coming from on this.

The standard practice for business is that once the buyer is parted from their money, the deal is done. No legitimate business would try to raise the price after the advertised purchase is complete. At that point the burden is on the seller to move fast and give the buyer what they already paid for. The buyer is not responsible for covering the sellers' losses, any more than the seller is responsible for offering a refund of the value of the item decreases. You can't expect buyers to carry the liability that belongs to sellers. Especially when you state the terms explicitly in the offer. The PURCHASE is complete when a buyer pays his money. The ORDER is complete when the buyer gets his item. NEITHER has anything to do with when the seller says they got around to shipping the item.

This line of excuses is getting pretty long.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████