Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:39:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL announces 28nm 600GH/S blade for $4680  (Read 40986 times)
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:23:28 AM

I actually want that credit card!

Preorder by BTC only. No refunds.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:33:22 AM

BTC goes down the drain the other way in Australia right? Never ever to return when BFL fails to produce a working product or even ship it.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:36:09 AM

Congrats, you just gave up 10% in fees for no good reason.

You also went and lost your place in line for a product promised/scheduled to ship 4+ months from now...if...it's on time.

Well, you have waited this long and never got anything, so what is another year of your life down the tubes? It's okay, as long as your money never buys anything I guess we should be encouraging everyone to buy into the next gen from BFL.

It will keep folks out of the market and from rising difficulty.

-----------------------

After thinking it over. <puts on Master Shill Cap>

I absolutely encourage everyone to transfer your orders to gen 2 at BFL. I want you to get the best bang for your buck! (watches customers locking themselves in a cage of compromise...not bad)

Sure, I gave up the 10% transfer fee.  But I also had a 25%-off coupon from my October order that I used.  So I still saved around $700 off of the list price.

Btw, I don't feel bad about giving away my place in line for an April order.  By the time that order finally arrives, ROI was never going to happen.

Now look I have a 1200 GIgaHash unit for only 25BTC

Also I am offering all BFL customers a Pre-order swap program to put you @ the front of the queue

and did i say I was finished ..No theres more !!

Also we are offering a BFL coupon cash in service that gives you a further 35% discount

That brings us to only 6 BTC for 1200 G/H and also being inb the first top 10 customers of the special offer that will not last

Please send 6 BTC to 1Bp2aVhg2w4CCa2Tw4427gz5xJjGsKBzQn to secure your once in a lifetime opportunity

OBJECT NOT FOUND
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:37:04 AM

I might have missed it in the past 19 pages so just in case.

Just shut up and take my money

Your card sir.

What for ? You cant buy your next BFL order with it ! They don't take CC !

Seriously thou, I want one too.. Respect  Grin

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
YipYip

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:38:14 AM

I might have missed it in the past 19 pages so just in case.

Just shut up and take my money

Your card sir.

What for ? You cant buy your next BFL order with it ! They don't take CC !

Seriously thou, I want one too.. Respect  Grin

No I am first in this pre-order queue ..so u wil have to wait ..otherwise we will be having a queue OFF

OBJECT NOT FOUND
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:41:30 AM

There are always refunds available because BFL has to play by Federal Trade Commission rules. Those rules say that they must refund your money up to the point at which they actually ship your merchandise. Even if you live outside the US, you can still file a complaint with the FTC.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
live627

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:48:15 AM

This is hilarious... I actually have some BFL hardware and even I think this means they are finished..  They are obviously trying to move payments to a medium that cant be refunded (bitcoin or wire xfer).  They are using a design which alot of us *know* cannot dissipate that much heat, and they are moving at a snail's pace with current orders.

Guys... Ive never said this before, but i believe they are on the virge of folding and taking anyone who preorders money with them..

Regarding power consumption, Radeon 6990 both consume more power than our card does, the very reason we took this design approach.

Regards,
Nasser

EDIT: Corrected '5970' and '5870' to 6990
Loser.
hardpick

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

Football President

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 04:53:11 AM

mining is high risk
what are the changes of getting your money back with others or them shipping on time
xcrowd
kncminer
bitfury
vmc-fast hash
hashfast
avalon asics
BTCscraper

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:53:43 AM

There are always refunds available because BFL has to play by Federal Trade Commission rules. Those rules say that they must refund your money up to the point at which they actually ship your merchandise. Even if you live outside the US, you can still file a complaint with the FTC.

Not only the FTC.  http://da.jocogov.org/complaint-forms
The KS state attorney general reports that they have recovered $17m in "consumer restitution, fees and penalties" in 2011, and $43m in 2012.  Maybe 2013 will be another banner year?

Butterfly Labs has a different interpretation of the FTC Mail Order Rule.  You do not have a refund option with the BFL Monarch no matter how late they ship.
"... In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein
"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." -- Ray Kroc
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:56:32 AM

Congrats, you just gave up 10% in fees for no good reason.

You also went and lost your place in line for a product promised/scheduled to ship 4+ months from now...if...it's on time.

Well, you have waited this long and never got anything, so what is another year of your life down the tubes? It's okay, as long as your money never buys anything I guess we should be encouraging everyone to buy into the next gen from BFL.

It will keep folks out of the market and from rising difficulty.

-----------------------

After thinking it over. <puts on Master Shill Cap>

I absolutely encourage everyone to transfer your orders to gen 2 at BFL. I want you to get the best bang for your buck! (watches customers locking themselves in a cage of compromise...not bad)

Sure, I gave up the 10% transfer fee.  But I also had a 25%-off coupon from my October order that I used.  So I still saved around $700 off of the list price.

Btw, I don't feel bad about giving away my place in line for an April order.  By the time that order finally arrives, ROI was never going to happen.
Thats a pretty good deal (if it ships on time).

I am going to start the calculations on what the ROI will be for a 600Gh/s system in January 2014. Wait for it.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:04:51 AM

Lets see,
Previously I posted the prediction for what we would be earning in the future a few months ago. A few laughed it off, many crapped their pants, ASICMiner at the very least responded when people got cold feet, lots of Avalons went unsold at the previously overpriced rates advertised.

So how close was the calculation to the actual truth? (based on an Avalons earnings)

I used 50btc's calculator and typed in the hash rate. So the calc is off by a few days but it is generally spot on for this time frame.

===========================

What will it look like if I plug in a 600GH/s beat from today till it is actually delivered though?
scambutterflylabs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:07:13 AM

quotes:

"BFL is full of... incongruence, you can't cancel your single "because they already have the material to create your single" but you can upgrate it to a totally different product, this guys are just playing with our money."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/hardware-discussion/4360-new-bfl-device-28nm-mining-card-3.html#post52731

"I'm not to sure about the amount of slack we got here. +/-20% if I did my math properly is +/- 120Gh/s(Also known as give or take a couple Single SC's).
so anywhere from 480-720Gh/s that is one massive window. I could understand like +/-20Gh, but 20% blows my mind."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/entry.php?b=294

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:09:57 AM

Lets see,
Previously I posted the prediction for what we would be earning in the future a few months ago. A few laughed it off, many crapped their pants, ASICMiner at the very least responded when people got cold feet, lots of Avalons went unsold at the previously overpriced rates advertised.

So how close was the calculation to the actual truth? (based on an Avalons earnings)

Edited out the useless image

I used 50btc's calculator and typed in the hash rate. So the calc is off by a few days but it is generally spot on for this time frame.

What will it look like if I plug in a 600GH/s beat from today till it is actually delivered though?

Lets all give up mining BTC then!  This forum is going to be very boring.  Wink
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:16:42 AM

Lets see,

Edited out the useless image

Ah. So you don't care about math or mining.

No wonder you are seemingly very positive.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:30:58 AM

Seriously, why are you here?  Do you get some kind of perverse pleasure from pooping in the punchbowl?  You offer nothing but endless amounts of negativity.

Maybe I'm a masochist but I've had you on "ignore" several times but have felt compelled to see if you are offering anything else to the community but FUD.  Back to ignore... after I read your next few agonizing posts.  Wink
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:31:50 AM

So this is your ROI if you got 600GH/s RIGHT NOW. As in, it is right next to you and turned on humming away creating BTC.

http://s21.postimg.org/ahbpwkjd3/2013_08_18_002223.png

It is safe to say that BFL better stop shipping, as should Avalon, BitFury and lots of others. This may turn out worse than the chart shows.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:34:54 AM

Seriously, why are you here?  Do you get some kind of perverse pleasure from pooping in the punchbowl?  You offer nothing but endless amounts of negativity.

Maybe I'm a masochist but I've had you on "ignore" several times but have felt compelled to see if you are offering anything else to the community but FUD.  Back to ignore... after I read your next few agonizing posts.  Wink
FUD huh?

Such FUD that apparently it lowered prices and people couldn't resell at their previous price points.

Perhaps such powerful FUD that even current reality reinforces the numbers...then again...like I said.

If the others ship in quantity (Avalon, BitFury, BFL, et al; with 400Gh/s miners....) The numbers may not match up towards January.

I might need to use a steeper median curve....

=================

Perhaps that is why you have not seen me mentioning anything about buying miners. I don't know about you, but I am waiting and seeing what develops. If the chart is accurate towards the future...the current 400Gh/s miner will probably experience a hell of a wallop in price.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:39:43 AM

So this is your ROI if you got 600GH/s RIGHT NOW. As in, it is right next to you and turned on humming away creating BTC.

http://s21.postimg.org/ahbpwkjd3/2013_08_18_002223.png

It is safe to say that BFL better stop shipping, as should Avalon, BitFury and lots of others. This may turn out worse than the chart shows.

Cherry-pick your stats much?

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/557dff2f2a
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:42:23 AM

BOYCOTT.

Pop over to the BFL forums to see how the Boycott is going !!

I feel sick to my stomach, and this will be the same with Avalon's next gen.

Am sticking to my no more pre-orders philosophy, but i feel mining is lost now to the greater fool..

Looks like Josh was correct about completing back orders in September.

Am out of this game till the dust settles..Too rich poor for me.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:44:42 AM

Perhaps that is why you have not seen me mentioning anything about buying miners. I don't know about you, but I am waiting and seeing what develops. If the chart is accurate towards the future...the current 400Gh/s miner will probably experience a hell of a wallop in price.

Keep waiting.

The rest of us will do something while you wait.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: